Disney After Hours BOO BASH

ppete1975

So no fireworks, no parade, no character meets.
It’s basically just paid EMH.

And not a very strong sign of return to normalcy.
i think its too early for them to announce them. They may be intending to have fireworks and parades but dont want to announce it until its closer and we know more. We still have a long time to go before these events, and it seems things are changing weekly. Also we dont know a cost. IF its treats, lower guest count, walk on rides, and disney at night time.. it might be worth it at a lower cost than the parties.

havoc315

i think its too early for them to announce them. They may be intending to have fireworks and parades but dont want to announce it until its closer and we know more. We still have a long time to go before these events, and it seems things are changing weekly. Also we dont know a cost. IF its treats, lower guest count, walk on rides, and disney at night time.. it might be worth it at a lower cost than the parties.

It might indeed be worthwhile. Just as a paid EMH.

But they clearly aren’t even hinting at any return to normal operations.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
What makes you think it will have 1/10th the attendance of MNSSHP? The parks blog says it's "open to a limited number of guests" which is how they would have described MNSSHP too.

I'm not sure that attendance will be limited any more than a pre-COVID MNSSHP was. And with no meet & greets, no parades, and perhaps no fireworks (and no Sanderson sisters show?) the attraction lines might be considerably longer than expected.
Because they’re calling it an after hours event and pre Covid after hours events were capped at about 1/10th of the party capacity

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What makes you think it will have 1/10th the attendance of MNSSHP? The parks blog says it's "open to a limited number of guests" which is how they would have described MNSSHP too.

I'm not sure that attendance will be limited any more than a pre-COVID MNSSHP was. And with no meet & greets, no parades, and perhaps no fireworks (and no Sanderson sisters show?) the attraction lines might be considerably longer than expected.

Great point. People automatically think it’s “exclusive”...
Why? Because of that Iger nonsense about “luxury” and the idiocy of building club 33s??

wdw is still a mass audience spot...and they haven’t all of a sudden grown tired of selling large amounts of product.

Disney has been charging twice on the same day for decades, it’s not some new evil plot. And yes I understand Disney is a business. What it has to do with Covid is removing things that cause crowding, while reducing costs, while still giving guests a chance to do something that feels similar to the traditional Halloween parties.

is it being described as “evil”? Or “not good for the consumers”?

those two very different things and one is absolutely true.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

The only thing really different here than during the day is maybe some lights, music, Halloween costumes on characters in random places and candy paid for in the ticket price
That along with the reduced attraction waits is what my family wants, I never said this was the best new thing ever and everyone should love it, I said it works for me. It may not work for others and for that I’m sorry and hope that the regular parties return soon. That’s all I got!

Touchdown

It’s offically a Disney After Hours, which has never had a parade or fireworks, it’s not coming! Best case scenario is that HEA (after oct 1 HEA 50th) is running and you’ll be able to watch it with the normal guests. BTY, Halloween fireworks and Hocus Pocus are not happening this year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That along with the reduced attraction waits is what my family wants, I never said this was the best new thing ever and everyone should love it, I said it works for me. It may not work for others and for that I’m sorry and hope that the regular parties return soon. That’s all I got!

wait...don’t you work for Disney?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It would go a long way to save face and placate guests if this was price pitched appropriately for what it is. Even come clean and say it’s a covid influenced decision.

The worry is if it’s priced top end and still sells out the future is set and the rot will further set in. Then the blame won’t lie with the company.
People are stupid. People in large numbers are dumber than pond scum. Apply to Disney park goers as one sees fit. ☹️

dreday3

I don't think 3 hrs is enough time to have parades and a party though? That would be too short a time-frame to cram everything in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And that’s just it. The reason to make “promises” is to drive sales/bookings.

They are getting high demand — as much as their current staffing can handle — without promising increased operations.

Becomes a reverse chicken and egg:

Until demand is weaker than operational capacity, there is no reason to promise greater operations.
And if demand is weak, then you don’t need greater operational capacity.

Put another way,
if demand is strong, no reason to invest more in expanding operations — already have plenty of demand.
If demand is weak, why expand operations when already not fully using the operations in place?

you just made the point of why they shouldn’t make promises...

this is the “eisnerian dream” (trust me)...demand is going to blow the door off supply In a way never seen...they’re better off in letting that supply out “controlled”.

like a sheik in his oil field.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would go a long way to save face and placate guests if this was price pitched appropriately for what it is. Even come clean and say it’s a covid influenced decision.

The worry is if it’s priced top end and still sells out the future is set and the rot will further set in. Then the blame won’t lie with the company.

People are stupid. People in large numbers are dumber than pond scum. Apply to Disney park goers as one sees fit. ☹️

...I just LOVE you people 🥰

Piebald

I really want(ed) to take my soon to be 2 year old niece to Disney this year but man I'm not feeling it. I want to preface this by saying I'm fully vaccinated and very compliant with the masks but if this fall is still masks, no characters, no shows or parades or whatever then I dont plan on going. I have an AP and I haven't even gone since February because the reservation system is just inconvenient and it just doesnt seem fun.

This release for the event is an even bigger debbie downer if anyone already feels the sentiment that Disney right now is not that fun.

Weather_Lady

So, for those of us visiting in August with no interest in this event, does anyone think it should it impact our planning at all? Obviously MK won't be open after 9pm on party days (not that it was likely to be open after 9 or 10pm in late August anyway), and it will be more crowded after 7pm on party days, but would I be correct in assuming that there's really no reason to change around any of my park reservations or ADRs in reaction to this (assuming I even could, by the time they announce the party dates)?

Last edited:

dreday3

So, for those of us visiting in August with no interest in this event, does anyone think it should it impact our planning at all? Obviously MK won't be open after 9pm on party days, and it will be more crowded after 7pm on party days, but would I be correct in assuming that there's no need to change around any of my park reservations or ADRs in reaction to this (assuming I even could, by the time they announce the dates)?

My hope is that 9pm closings on party days would mean 10 pm or later closings on non-party days. So that could make a difference?

But that's only my hope - reality is sure to come crashing down. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom