Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is upsetting, thought we were going to be getting a full return to Not So Scary. What happened here? Are they really not planning on bring fireworks back by October? Same with parades? No meet and greets?

there are at least 20 posts here describing exactly “what happened”...

nothing happened...really. This has been 15 years of management...it was predictable. You just have to believe it.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Hey, if people want to pay more money for a lesser and lesser product, go for it. Nothing wrong with that!

But I'll continue to be spending more money down the road.
This may become me as well. It’s amazing looking at some of the comments online. You can easily tell who are regular guests to Disney for many many years and those who rarely go or who have been over the last few years. Us old regulars are saddened by how much worse things have become

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Considering that Broadway in NYC will be at 100% capacity in September, it amazes me that WDW won’t promise any significant normalization by then.
If NYC can offer packed Broadway theaters by September, then I don’t understand how Disney can’t say there will parades, stage shows and fireworks by September.
It’s all about the Benjamin’s while providing as little as possible

dreday3

Considering that Broadway in NYC will be at 100% capacity in September, it amazes me that WDW won’t promise any significant normalization by then.
If NYC can offer packed Broadway theaters by September, then I don’t understand how Disney can’t say there will parades, stage shows and fireworks by September.

I have to somewhat agree.

I still understand the need for safety, but almost every city in the US is promising full capacity by July. Chicago is releasing it's summer concert line-ups, festival line ups...

Of course Disney never promised anything, but I sure was hoping. :D

Touchdown

The only way I can spin this positively is maybe they want to make sure the 50th fireworks/events happen every night especially in its opening month (if this is the case it will also mean no MVMCP too.). However, I fear that’s not the reason.

orky8

There’s people going to Disney from a lot more places than Virginia. People wanted a Halloween party and Disney Is offering them one that is safe for Guests and their Cast.

They aren't offering anything. Disney is trying to see if they can get away with charging twice on the same day for the parks. This isn't an offer and has nothing to do with Covid. They're running a business don't ya know? (Heavy dose of sarcasm on that last line)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

there is absolutely no wisdom in making “promises”. The better business approach is to drop the restrictions and then let the crowds “backfill” in. That helps them tremendously with overhead and labor.

they don’t “need the money”...any statement of that is foolish. They still a vastly reduced crew and everyone coming is paying hyperinflated retail price.

there’s no problem here for Disney

havoc315

I have to somewhat agree.

I still understand the need for safety, but almost every city in the US is promising full capacity by July. Chicago is releasing it's summer concert line-ups, festival line ups...

Of course Disney never promised anything, but I sure was hoping. :D

I’ve been one of the strongest proponents of safety and mitigation. But there are absurd extremes. Boo Bash, modified FOTLK, etc... they would make sense for September 2020, not 2021.
Really, by September.. we should be down to just wearing masks indoors.

But at this rate... masks will be fully gone through the rest of the US... except at WDW which will still have most restrictions in place.

themarchhare

This may become me as well. It’s amazing looking at some of the comments online. You can easily tell who are regular guests to Disney for many many years and those who rarely go or who have been over the last few years. Us old regulars are saddened by how much worse things have become
Throughout the 00s and 10s, I always thought that the doomers on here were silly/dramatic and I still very much enjoyed the product but over the past 2-3 years, it's just gotten ridiculous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They aren't offering anything. Disney is trying to see if they can get away with charging twice on the same day for the parks. This isn't an offer and has nothing to do with Covid. They're running a business don't ya know? (Heavy dose of sarcasm on that last line)

block pricing...that’s the progression here.

I remember some fool screaming on the Dis about 10 years ago when these things started to become more frequent and higher priced that it was going to screw everyone in the long run.

...can’t remember the name though?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve been one of the strongest proponents of safety and mitigation. But there are absurd extremes. Boo Bash, modified FOTLK, etc... they would make sense for September 2020, not 2021.
Really, by September.. we should be down to just wearing masks indoors.

But at this rate... masks will be fully gone through the rest of the US... except at WDW which will still have most restrictions in place.

wait...you’re gone down the road of “i want my Disney now!!!”

??🤯

danv3

No it’s an After Hours event. It will have 1/10th the attendance of a MNSSHP and far shorter wait times. By 2019 MNSSHP was basically a regular attendance event.
What makes you think it will have 1/10th the attendance of MNSSHP? The parks blog says it's "open to a limited number of guests" which is how they would have described MNSSHP too.

I'm not sure that attendance will be limited any more than a pre-COVID MNSSHP was. And with no meet & greets, no parades, and perhaps no fireworks (and no Sanderson sisters show?) the attraction lines might be considerably longer than expected.

castlecake2.0

Disney has been charging twice on the same day for decades, it’s not some new evil plot. And yes I understand Disney is a business. What it has to do with Covid is removing things that cause crowding, while reducing costs, while still giving guests a chance to do something that feels similar to the traditional Halloween parties.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney has been charging twice on the same day for decades, it’s not some new evil plot. And yes I understand Disney is a business. What it has to do with Covid is removing things that cause crowding, while reducing costs, while still giving guests a chance to do something that feels similar to the traditional Halloween parties.
The only thing really different here than during the day is maybe some lights, music, Halloween costumes on characters in random places and candy paid for in the ticket price

havoc315

there is absolutely no wisdom in making “promises”. The better business approach is to drop the restrictions and then let the crowds “backfill” in. That helps them tremendously with overhead and labor.

they don’t “need the money”...any statement of that is foolish. They still a vastly reduced crew and everyone coming is paying hyperinflated retail price.

there’s no problem here for Disney

And that’s just it. The reason to make “promises” is to drive sales/bookings.

They are getting high demand — as much as their current staffing can handle — without promising increased operations.

Becomes a reverse chicken and egg:

Until demand is weaker than operational capacity, there is no reason to promise greater operations.
And if demand is weak, then you don’t need greater operational capacity.

Put another way,
if demand is strong, no reason to invest more in expanding operations — already have plenty of demand.
If demand is weak, why expand operations when already not fully using the operations in place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom