Disney After Hours BOO BASH

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
i think you know what “the company” is going here. Testing the “lower limits” on outlay with the “upper limit” on price.

it was going to get the strong reactions on both sides...truth likely falls in the middle of the scatter plot.
My guess it that it will be priced like every other After Hours event. Expensive.

RememberWhen

My family actually prefers this (based on what ticket prices will be) the kids just want to dress up, get candy, and go on some attractions. They don’t really care for the parade or fireworks in my case, so they’re still excited to go. I personally like the OG party and hope it returns next year. They’re in a tricky situation, a lot can change between now and September, all while they’re still trying to open more stores restaurants and resorts and find the staff to do it. We’re still getting back to normal give them a break.
Our family is pretty good with this plan too. Not waiting for ages for the parade is great, though that’s definitely the only parade I would wait for. The kids will be happy to have the fun Halloween party atmosphere, get some candy and ride some rides. When tickets are available we’re planning to get them. Hopefully they’re semi-reasonably priced...

castlecake2.0

I mean, folks were literally teasing a close-to-normal event yesterday.

And quite frankly, as someone who took COVID incredibly seriously (and still does), Disney can't use COVID as an excuse for much longer. This is a Bob-Chapek-is-greedy thing - not a COVID thing.
The blog said “special announcement” which could have been anything, which it was. Covid isn’t gone yet, and just because the big U down the road isn’t caring as much anymore doesn’t mean Disney has to follow suit.

castlecake2.0

How many trick or treat age kids are going to be able to handle waiting until 9pm (9:30 pm select nights) to start trick or treating? Also, it takes an hour to clear the park of Normies, so my bet is the calvalcades won’t start until 10pm. This event is is being marketed to families but is way too late for most.
My niece and nephew? I didn’t say it’s for everyone, but it works well for us

themarchhare

The blog said “special announcement” which could have been anything, which it was. Covid isn’t gone yet, and just because the big U down the road isn’t caring as much anymore doesn’t mean Disney has to follow suit.
States, like Virginia, that did incredibly well all pandemic are ending all restrictions (minus masks) next month barring anything crazy. We'll be pretty back to normal by the time the Halloween events roll around.

I'm sorry, but this isn't an excuse for offering a crappy event.

dreday3

That’s what my fam is hoping for too :)

Uh oh, our costumes include a small elephant trunk that goes over the nose, you can still see our face. (going as heffalumps). Would that not be allowed according to the no masks? I didn't think of that...luckily that's the only thing we had to purchase as far as costumes, so no big loss if we decide to go. That will teach me to stop planning so far ahead! :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok that’s fine, that’s why it has a different name. I think Disney is being very transparent about what’s included.

they are...while feeding an expectation they’ve cultivated for decades for NOT the same product.

I’m not condemning or condoning it...just pointing out what it is.

Surferboy567

This is upsetting, thought we were going to be getting a full return to Not So Scary. What happened here? Are they really not planning on bring fireworks back by October? Same with parades? No meet and greets?

drew81

Honestly, I genuinely agree with the folks who say that Disney doesn't *WANT* a return to normalcy. Chapek saying that guest scores are the highest they've ever been should have made everyone's mental alarm bells going off.

^This^

People clamoring on podcasts that entertainment/shows/parades/meet and greets will return like before need to read this.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Covid will never be gone so is Disney never going to return to normal and just see what they can get away with not giving the guests back while charging the same and more?

castlecake2.0

States, like Virginia, that did incredibly well all pandemic are ending all restrictions (minus masks) next month barring anything crazy.. We'll be pretty back to normal by the time the Halloween events roll around.

I'm sorry, but this isn't an excuse for offering a crappy event.
There’s people going to Disney from a lot more places than Virginia. People wanted a Halloween party and Disney Is offering them one that is safe for Guests and their Cast.

orky8

Our family is pretty good with this plan too. Not waiting for ages for the parade is great, though that’s definitely the only parade I would wait for. The kids will be happy to have the fun Halloween party atmosphere, get some candy and ride some rides. When tickets are available we’re planning to get them. Hopefully they’re semi-reasonably priced...

LOL, reasonably priced. It won't be. Same price (if not higher than MNSSHP), but now with fewer amenities. Because, COVID! Or, because, CHAPEK!

So, basically, you are saying, I'm ok paying the same price, but having things I didn't like to do removed so now everyone will be competing with me to do things I do like to do? Sounds lovely....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom