Disney After Hours BOO BASH

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I’m not sure why one would hammer Disney on this. It’s a different experience altogether, with much shorter lines than a regular Halloween Party but fewer additional things to do.

They’ll make a lot less revenue off of it than that tens of thousands of tickets per night they sold for a MNSSHP. Is it ideal? No. Will they bring fireworks back for it if they can? Probably, but they’re clearly not ready to announce it yet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would go a long way to save face and placate guests if this was price pitched appropriately for what it is. Even come clean and say it’s a covid influenced decision.

The worry is if it’s priced top end and still sells out the future is set and the rot will further set in. Then the blame won’t lie with the company.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m not sure why one would hammer Disney on this. It’s a different experience altogether, with much shorter lines than a regular Halloween Party but fewer additional things to do.

They’ll make a lot less revenue off of it than that tens of thousands of tickets per night they sold for a MNSSHP. Is it ideal? No. Will they bring fireworks back for it if they can? Probably, but they’re clearly not ready to announce it yet.
If they have plans for potential fireworks or parades at this party, the ticket price would reflect it IMO

bigrigross

Agreed. I know several dvc members who used to go all the time but are watching to see what Disney becomes and have mentioned possibly even selling their membership if it loses what it once was

Its just not whats going on in the parks that causing some DVC members to think about selling. Disney has been trying its hardest to turn DVC into a normal timeshare to where its best for disney and not for the members. Its sad really. My wife and I have been talking about selling all of our contracts.

I have a off site trip to disney scheduled for October/November. This will be the first "party" I will miss since I started going during MNSSHP dates.

dreday3

Confused about this as well, they’re trying to offer something close to normal when the world is still nowhere close to normal, and people still mad

I haven't really read anyone "mad" anywhere though. People complain on here all the time, about everything, so I wouldn't count that! :D

Our thought is to see if we feel the price will be worth it. Yes, we were looking forward to parade, but not a deal breaker. The short hours gives me pause because like I said, I'd rather pay for it at another park.

But if "reasonable" price and no other after hours anywhere else, I'm sure we will go for the light crowds, walk on rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No it’s an After Hours event. It will have 1/10th the attendance of a MNSSHP and far shorter wait times. By 2019 MNSSHP was basically a regular attendance event.

It wasn’t super common but they did sell out, slightly more often at AK and DHS. One of the mods on Disboards kept track of it.

“...I’m gonna have to ask you to step out of the vehicle for a moment, ma’am?”

stop on this one.

it is an e-ride night...not a “premium event”. Halloween costumes on the characters.

buy it...don’t buy it...fine
But don’t BS it.

themarchhare

Confused about this as well, they’re trying to offer something close to normal when the world is still nowhere close to normal, and people still mad
I mean, folks were literally teasing a close-to-normal event yesterday.

And quite frankly, as someone who took COVID incredibly seriously (and still does), Disney can't use COVID as an excuse for much longer. This is a Bob-Chapek-is-greedy thing - not a COVID thing.

castlecake2.0

They can do all of that outside of this event tho (other than the free candy part which ya know we are basically paying for in the ticket cost for this)
It’s a bit different, they switch the park atmosphere over to “party mode”, most other guests are dressed up, reduced wait for attractions, it’s a different feeling than regular park operations. Like I said, my family is excited about this, they’ve also been in lockdown in Canada pretty much since last Halloween, so this is something they’re looking forward to, and I also understand some people want the regular MNSSHP and I’m sorry theyre disappointed nted

castlecake2.0

I haven't really read anyone "mad" anywhere though. People complain on here all the time, about everything, so I wouldn't count that! :D

Our thought is to see if we feel the price will be worth it. Yes, we were looking forward to parade, but not a deal breaker. The short hours gives me pause because like I said, I'd rather pay for it at another park.

But if "reasonable" price and no other after hours anywhere else, I'm sure we will go for the light crowds, walk on rides.
That’s what my fam is hoping for too :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

i think you know where “the company” is going here. Testing the “lower limits” on outlay with the “upper limit” on price.

it was going to get the strong reactions on both sides...truth likely falls in the middle of the scatter plot.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
“...I’m gonna have to ask you to step out of the vehicle for a moment, ma’am?”

stop on this one.

it is an e-ride night...not a “premium event”. Halloween costumes on the characters.

buy it...don’t buy it...fine
But don’t BS it.
Ok that’s fine, that’s why it has a different name. I think Disney is being very transparent about what’s included.

Touchdown

My family actually prefers this (based on what ticket prices will be) the kids just want to dress up, get candy, and go on some attractions. They don’t really care for the parade or fireworks in my case, so they’re still excited to go. I personally like the OG party and hope it returns next year. They’re in a tricky situation, a lot can change between now and September, all while they’re still trying to open more stores restaurants and resorts and find the staff to do it. We’re still getting back to normal give them a break.
How many trick or treat age kids are going to be able to handle waiting until 9pm (9:30 pm select nights) to start trick or treating? Also, it takes an hour to clear the park of Normies, so my bet is the calvalcades won’t start until 10pm. This event is is being marketed to families but is way too late for most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom