Rumor Guest Boat Rentals Not Returning

eliza61nyc

So when is your next trip back to Disney? ;)
Best answer of the day and really why I don't even bat an eye at these rant threads. 90% of the folks who continually rant that Disney is becoming Generic, horrible _____ complaint of the day are going back.
And there are always suggestion on how they coulda, woulda, or shoulda do some thing different.

And yet if you say "stop going" you get flamed.

Nothing corporations do surprises me, we are not going back to 1990. not gonna happen

UNCgolf

Just curious- can anyone compare from say 2015 to today - what all has been removed or added from resort experiences only:
we know removed is:
Sammy Duval parasailing, boat excursions
Piano performance at Grand Floridian

Do they still do movies and s’mores on beach at Wilderness Lodge or is the beach gone?

Not just the piano player; they removed the entire orchestra at the GF.

Jrb1979

Best answer of the day and really why I don't even bat an eye at these rant threads. 90% of the folks who continually rant that Disney is becoming Generic, horrible _____ complaint of the day are going back.
And there are always suggestion on how they coulda, woulda, or shoulda do some thing different.

And yet if you say "stop going" you get flamed.

Nothing corporations do surprises me, we are not going back to 1990. not gonna happen
I have no plan to go back any time soon. I have many other parks to visit before Disney again. While I do have a 1 year old that I would like to take some day, I just can't justify it right now with all the cuts and price hikes that goes on.

Mindy55

Not just the piano player; they removed the entire orchestra at the GF.
Updated :
Thank you @UNCgolf & @Chomama!!
Just curious- can anyone compare from say 2015 to today - what all has been removed or added from resort experiences only:
we know removed is:
Bay Lake - Sammy Duval parasailing, boat excursions
Grand Floridian -
Piano performance AND ENTIRE orchestra
Port Orleans Riverside - Yeeha Bob

Do they still do movies and s’mores on beach at Wilderness Lodge or is the beach gone?

DaGoof00

Updated :
we know removed is:
Grand Floridian -

Piano performances have resumed at the Grand, still no GFSO though.

HarperRose

we know removed is:

Orchestra at GF

Lilofan

we know removed is:

One item that was loud and visible was the former Richard Petty driving experience racetrack at the MK parking lot. After the driver instructor was killed smashing into a wall, it was shortly after the track was closed and demolished.

nicb88

Updated :
we know removed is:
Grand Floridian -

The Wilderness Lodge beach became Geyser Point and the Cascade Cabins, so it’s no longer there!

Mindy55

One item that was loud and visible was the former Richard Petty driving experience racetrack at the MK parking lot. After the driver instructor was killed smashing into a wall, it was shortly after the track was closed and demolished.
The Wilderness Lodge beach became Geyser Point and the Cascade Cabins, so it’s no longer there!
I thought so :(.. we spent so many nights with the kids on that beach, watching movies, the electric boat parade ... the atmosphere was so perfect. Very sad that they sacrificed it.

Mindy55

That’s right!! I’m not sure that’s why they closed it? I remember it running after the accident but still being demolished shortly after

Wendy Pleakley

Disney is doing as well as ever so I doubt they care, but they really have moved away from having lots of experiences that made me say "that was something I could only do at Disney" and just focusing on theme parks and dining.

Not that one can't rent a boat anywhere else, but it's convenient to do when you're there on vacation. It can be a small memory that adds to the desire to return.

See also things like the Adventurer's Club that offered unique experiences outside of the theme parks. I don't feel like I do much in the evenings anymore, other than going to Disney Springs with everyone else just because it's there.

Mindy55

Updated :
we know removed is:
Grand Floridian -
ENTIRE orchestra
Wilderness Lodge- Entire Beach area, boats, bicycles
Magic Kingdom Parking Area- Richard Petty Driving Experience

An executive level cast member once told me, due to Walt’s wishes there’d always be trains and horses at Disney ... I’ve never questioned my faith in that statement until now

Mindy55

Disney is doing as well as ever so I doubt they care, but they really have moved away from having lots of experiences that made me say "that was something I could only do at Disney" and just focusing on theme parks and dining.

Not that one can't rent a boat anywhere else, but it's convenient to do when you're there on vacation. It can be a small memory that adds to the desire to return.

See also things like the Adventurer's Club that offered unique experiences outside of the theme parks. I don't feel like I do much in the evenings anymore, other than going to Disney Springs with everyone else just because it's there.
Ya know, the last time we stayed at Disney, it was September of 2019, we were there for 10 nights at Fort Wilderness cabins ... I’d never stayed there, but always loved the resort for its horses, Hoop Dee Doo Review, Campfire, etc. I realize now that, it may have been the last of the good old fashioned fun you could engage in. Jeez!

Mindy55

Updated :
we know removed is:
Grand Floridian -
ENTIRE orchestra
Wilderness Lodge- Entire Beach area, boats, bicycles
Magic Kingdom Parking Area- Richard Petty Driving Experience

An executive level cast member once told me, due to Walt’s wishes there’d always be trains and horses at Disney ... I’ve never questioned my faith in that statement until now
Also thank you to @Wendy Pleakley , @nicb88 , @Lilofan !!!

nickys

Premium Member
YeeHa Bob was let go when the resorts closed. Just like the cast of Hoop De Doo, for example.

Since Port Orleans hasn’t re-opened yet it’s too early to say that he won’t be offered another contract IMO. I hope they do try and entice him back. Same for the duelling pianists at Jelly Rolls.

nickys

Premium Member
On the other hand, all the kids clubs were closed. Poly, Beach Club, I think there was another one. The Contemporary introduced one and cut the arcade, but then reversed that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom