Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For sure. Comparing the parks as like beasts is pretty pointless. Maybe, if it were a perk of staying 1BR or above in a DVC or CL at a deluxe, it would weed out enough of everyone else to then sell a limited number of multi-tiered line-beating packages. Even Universal has one-time per attraction and unlimited. WDW could separate it out even further, into tiers of attraction popularity or geared towards families in different life stages. That's my understanding of DLP's packages, though I've never really looked closely.

they are not giving a thing away to any DVC. That would be one of the more shocking developments ever.

and a price point is difficult for Disney. They’re required to adhere to their current corporate “value” structure...while needing the public to actively participate in controlling themselves by picking how much they’ll pay?

a bit nuts...isn’t it?

ABQ

those daily dose numbers are pitifully low...
I agree, however you are certainly aware of how much those numbers do change over time. the April 30th number of 156k doses showed as 93k on the May 2nd report and 138k on the May 4th report. Surely they won't all go up that much, but they will go up some amount.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I agree, however you are certainly aware of how much those numbers do change over time. the April 30th number of 156k doses showed as 93k on the May 2nd report and 138k on the May 4th report. Surely they won't all go up that much, but they will go up some amount.
The numbers should be twice that.

Patcheslee

Thanks to anti-vaxxers, yes. Fortunately not all go full-on anti-vaxx though and merely choose to space out vaccinations instead.
I'll be honest and kinda wish I had spaced out the early vaccinations a couple days only because DD had a horrific reaction to one and we ended up in the hospital. They could only narrow it down to 2 of 4 vaccines given that day in her thighs. Then when next round of vaccinations came they switched so the 2 possible wouldn't be in the same legs so they could identify which caused the problem, but she didn't have any reactions afterwards. I wonder if there has ever been a study on how many parents choose not to vaccinate or delay due to reactions they or their children have had vs general "research".

ImperfectPixie

I'll be honest and kinda wish I had spaced out the early vaccinations a couple days only because DD had a horrific reaction to one and we ended up in the hospital. They could only narrow it down to 2 of 4 vaccines given that day in her thighs. Then when next round of vaccinations came they switched so the 2 possible wouldn't be in the same legs so they could identify which caused the problem, but she didn't have any reactions afterwards. I wonder if there has ever been a study on how many parents choose not to vaccinate or delay due to reactions they or their children have had vs general "research".
That's a great question.

I've spoken to quite a few parents who have opted for a staggered vaccine regimen, so the kids still get the protection, but not so many vaccines in one shot or during one visit. There's also a lot of anti-vaxxers around here, too.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
As I said already, I agree the numbers are pitifully low.
But to ever think they were going to cruise along at a high clip when the current discussion point is the lack of desire for vaccines is unrealistic.
Oh, completely agreed. Which is why I found all the "once the vaccines roll out, we'll be fine!" stuff hilarious.

ImperfectPixie

Also...and this is interesting...

My step-sister (who is a nurse) is STRONGLY anti-vaccine. Her kids weren't vaccinated at all. That said, she used to swear by Benadryl for them for drippy noses. I won't give my boys Benadryl because, while they're both fully vaccinated, when I gave it to my oldest when he was around 4-ish, the effect it had on him totally turned me off to it. It was like he was on another planet...just a lump on the couch instead of his usually playful self (even when he didn't feel good, he'd still play). I still keep it on hand in case we have an allergic reaction to something (although this is probably unnecessary at this point), but it's not something I'd give to them unless it was an emergency.

ElvisMickey

I had my second Pfizer dose this past Tuesday. The first dose, I experienced nothing but a sore arm. However the second dose knocked me out for almost 12 hours on Tuesday night…from 8-9PM until 7:30AM, which is when my alarm went off. And I was STILL dragging almost all day yesterday. Feeling more like myself today though.

Chomama

I had my second Pfizer dose this past Tuesday. The first dose, I experienced nothing but a sore arm. However the second dose knocked me out for almost 12 hours on Tuesday night…from 8-9PM until 7:30AM, which is when my alarm went off. And I was STILL dragging almost all day yesterday. Feeling more like myself today though.
Me too. It’s worth it! Enjoy you health!

corsairk09

Why do you consider it the binary of pro vax/ anti vax? Does there not exist and additional subset of skeptical vax? or is discussion not allowed?
Based on my understanding from the conversations here..... anyone at all hesitant to get a vaccine is basically a toothless, red-neck dum-dum who can't think his way out of a paper bag. :rolleyes:

Wendy Pleakley

Based on my understanding from the conversations here..... anyone at all hesitant to get a vaccine is basically a toothless, red-neck dum-dum who can't think his way out of a paper bag. :rolleyes:

I think for a lot of us it's just bewilderment.

Vaccines are safe and effective. They prevent one from getting extremely sick, hospitalized, or even dead. They are what will allow a return to normalcy.

It's hard to comprehend any widespread resistance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why do you consider it the binary of pro vax/ anti vax? Does there not exist and additional subset of skeptical vax? or is discussion not allowed?
The decision itself is binary....you either get the vaccine or you don’t. I do find it fascinating how offended people get by the term anti-vax. I guess it’s just that it has a connotation in popular culture but in the simplest terms you either get the vaccine (pro Covid-vax) or you don’t (anti-Covid vax). The reason for not getting it is largely irrelevant to that label. I’m sure someone who is anti MMR vaccine also thinks that they have a good reason to feel that way. We still refer to them as anti-vax. I do see the distinction between not wanting any vaccine and not wanting just this vaccine. I do agree that giving someone a negative label while you are simultaneously trying to convince them the vaccine is safe And effective and they should get it is pretty counterproductive.
I see someone who is only a little hesitant as an opportunity at this point. We need as many people to get this as we can get. Someone who is politically motivated and says they will never get the vaccine no matter what is probably a lost cause but a large portion of the people who haven’t gotten the vaccine can still be reached. When the dust settles and there’s nobody left willing to get a vaccine then we can start calling the people in the “no column” various names ;););)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Average them them out...they’re still too low.
if Florida hits the wall due to the yutz of A1A...it will be the newest “dumbest” thing ever

The numbers should be twice that.

Yep

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

that’s fair...the hyperbole is over the top.
But the reality is most of the resistance is an offshoot of manipulated “opinions” that aren’t based in truth. So we can cut the name calling when there is more of a collective common ground. I’d settle for both at the same time.

Vaccines are safe and effective. They prevent one from getting extremely sick, hospitalized, or even dead. They are what will allow a return to normalcy.

sadly...we know the reasons...and most of them are tragic for different reasons

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I expected resistance. I did not think it would be this widespread. When we still have 18-20% of people saying in a poll they will never get the vaccine that’s surprising to me. I really thought that number would settle around 10% or under and maybe it still will, but it’s not looking likely. Even if it’s 20% when the dust settles, 80% would be a great number. I would be happy with 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom