News Walt Disney World & AdventHealth "One Little Spark Lights Up For You" announcement May 6 10am ET

DCBaker

Premium Member
Baymax makes an appearance -

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.07.45 AM.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't know why people get excited every little time Figment is mentioned... He's literally just used as a mascot (sadly) in everything they do nowadays.

lazyboy97o

This is actually good news. There is nothing worse than being on a Disney vacation and somebody suddenly getting swimmers ear or a sore throat. This could be amazing for families!
There is already a 24 hour Centra Care just outside Walt Disney World on SR 535 and a second non-24 hour location just south of Flamingo Crossing on US 192.

DisneyJoe

This is actually good news. There is nothing worse than being on a Disney vacation and somebody suddenly getting swimmers ear or a sore throat. This could be amazing for families!
There are at least 2 urgent care facilities near WDW, I believe both will, at least they did pre-COVID, send a van to pick you up at your resort and take you to their facility, then take you to the pharmacy if needed, then drop you back at your resort or the park of your choice. I've had to use their services a few times over the years. The front desk at the resort told me about it.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
There are at least 2 urgent care facilities near WDW, I believe both will, at least they did pre-COVID, send a van to pick you up at your resort and take you to their facility, then take you to the pharmacy if needed, then drop you back at your resort or the park of your choice. I've had to use their services a few times over the years. The front desk at the resort told me about it.
Correct we had to use this in 2019 for my wife when she rolled her ankle. We where taken to a Advent Health Centra Urgent Care. Very convenient picked us up took us back after the appointment no charge. Seems like this is just a formalizing a relationship that has been ongoing for some time. Interesting to note that adding a location at Flamingo is not much closer than where we had been taken during our stay. According to Google its about 4ish miles from ASMusic (where we had been staying) and a location at Flamingo Crossing is only about 3ish miles from the same spot. But I guess they can now claim they are on property?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

HarperRose

There is an Urgent Care right down the road from where this supposed new facility is going to go. It's where tourists have gone for years when they've had a health issue while on vacation.

The build-up of the announcement led to a big ol' whomp whomp.

HarperRose

Telehealth appointments at WDW and DL. New facility at flamingo crossings, maintaining official capacities with runDisney and ESPN WWoS. Sponsorship of Flower and Garden and Festival of the Holidays, and new marquee at the Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth in Orlando.

Thi$ is really what the announcement is about.

brb1006

I don't know why people get excited every little time Figment is mentioned... He's literally just used as a mascot (sadly) in everything they do nowadays.
Well sorry if we're that deparate for anything Journey Into Imagination related considering the current state of the pavilion.

ppete1975

Well sorry if we're that deparate for anything Journey Into Imagination related considering the current state of the pavilion.
it was also just really odd..... the box esp with the new rendition seemed more like make a wish or something where a kid is invited to disney.
If it was just a healthcare, they should have used baymax or mickey dressed as a dr. What does figment imagination or dreaming have to do with this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom