Pre-Trip That is it. That is IT! I've had it! (Update: Canceling Trip) - Update 2: I have two Tickets for Boo Bash...

Booked a trip after two years too long. I'm done and need my Disney fix. We even booked flights for this trip. Never have done that, but it sounds better than driving for 8 straight hours there and 8 hours back.

We're doing it! Going for my 35th birthday.

Happy So Excited GIF

And for anyone who is curious, both my husband and I are fully Covid-19 vaccinated and are mask wearers. (not that anyone asked, lol)

Going to Disney World, Going to Disney World....We are going to Disney World!!!!!
disney land GIF

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
YAY!! CanNOT wait for the day I get to say the same...coming up on 2 years in June and it is TORTURE!! I read these reports and I'm happy and jealous at the same time.
Gawd yes! I would just sit there on the couch with a glass of wine sobbing watching Disney World live streams...
Yes, I see how sad this is, but can ya blame me??
When in September are you going...I happen to know somebody that just got their trip booked this weekend too.
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F59022c60-f4c1-47f4-bc83-800283b1a56a_480x392.gif
😏 uh huh. Lol, we are flying to Orlando on the 18th and will be in MK on the 19th for my birthday. I am contemplating wearing a button, but I am kind of a goth so I may have to improvise.
hocus pocus halloween GIF by Disney Parks

Have fun!
:D Thank you! Ya know I have never seen that ^ in person. I really really really want to one day.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Boo Bash! Guys and gals, all the dudes, I'm doing Boo Bash for the first time in my life and it is on my birthday, first night of our trip back!!!!

run running GIF

7eb5b255dc0f30992878af5b736f3f0a.gif

I need some newbie advice. 😅

What is the trick-or-treating like for an adults only party?

If I want to go as a vampire, am I only allowed to wear a waist high cape, and how can we do makeup?

PacNWTigger

We were lucky enough to get Boo Bash tickets on the 14th after only 45 minutes on hold...LOL!
e14dfa71a2e2e632dd5181a42b33c46b.gif

I haven't been to a WDW Halloween event, but we did go to DLR for it a few years back. The biggest tip I can give is to hold on off on the Trick-or-treat stations at the front of the park because they are immediately swamped. There are plenty of stations all over, and it is highly unlikely that they will run out of candy.

I highly doubt that I will be able to coerce my guys to dress up for the occasion, but I might put something together to embarrass them just a smidge. We didn't dress up at all for the party we went to, but we did enjoy looking at the variety of costumes that others were wearing.
fa3431e95ab709526cec3d8c896a4819.jpg

Not my pic, but be prepared. :hilarious: :oops:

MickeyCB

I don't want to hijack your thread, but here are some photos of costumes/makeup from a party we attended. This was from the MNSSHP 2015.
These are our photos and a few others. Supposedly the parties were "more" than the DAH will be but I think you will still see a fair number of costumes because people are ready to let loose a little! 🤣
This was our crew.
IMG_5530.JPG

This was a family that truly went all out! They were gracious about letting everyone take their picture.
IMG_5549.JPG

And I thought these 3 were fabulous!
IMG_5523.JPG

And this is my guys with Madame Carlotta. She was getting ready to do her thing outside the Haunted Mansion and stopped for a photo with my kids!
IMG_5547.JPG

My daughter built that Tink costume and the wings were able to be folded to her back. She even rode space mountain in that number!

We're going to the Boo Bash during our Oct. trip and I think we're going to dress up, maybe a Disney Bounding type costume.
I can't wait to read about your adventures, have fun!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Boo Bash! Guys and gals, all the dudes, I'm doing Boo Bash for the first time in my life and it is on my birthday, first night of our trip back!!!!

run running GIF

7eb5b255dc0f30992878af5b736f3f0a.gif

I need some newbie advice. 😅

What is the trick-or-treating like for an adults only party?

If I want to go as a vampire, am I only allowed to wear a waist high cape, and how can we do makeup?
We have not worn costumes the last few times we attended a MNSSHP but I would say better than 50% of guests did. Some more like Disney Bounding and some waaaaaaaaay over the top!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I don't want to hijack your thread, but here are some photos of costumes/makeup from a party we attended. This was from the MNSSHP 2015.
These are our photos and a few others. Supposedly the parties were "more" than the DAH will be but I think you will still see a fair number of costumes because people are ready to let loose a little! 🤣
This was our crew.
View attachment 564469

This was a family that truly went all out! They were gracious about letting everyone take their picture.
View attachment 564470

And I thought these 3 were fabulous!
View attachment 564473

And this is my guys with Madame Carlotta. She was getting ready to do her thing outside the Haunted Mansion and stopped for a photo with my kids!
View attachment 564471

My daughter built that Tink costume and the wings were able to be folded to her back. She even rode space mountain in that number!

We're going to the Boo Bash during our Oct. trip and I think we're going to dress up, maybe a Disney Bounding type costume.
I can't wait to read about your adventures, have fun!
Omg I love this!!
yey GIF

Songbird76

We'll be there same weekend for my DD's 21st. We did a Lilo and Stitch theme in 2019 for mnsshp. Hawaiian shirts, dresses and the hubby wore a Stitch t-shirt (that was his limit on dressing up). We saw some incredible costumes.
Awww....too bad your husband wasn't up for an actual costume! When my kids were really little, they used to have these theater productions for kids. They did a fairytale series once and my husband took E to Cinderella on a daddy daughter date. She was like 4 or 5 I think? Anyway, he wanted to dress up as one of the ugly stepsisters, but she said no. He took her to a stage production from her favorite TV show at the time, Het Zandkasteel (the Sandcastle) and she dressed up as Sassa, and he dressed up as Koning Kos. We dressed A up as Toto, but he was too little to actually sit through a stage show at that point, so it was just for the picture.

101_2214.JPG
hetzandkasteel.jpg

My husband also dressed up as a french maid one year when he lived in the US. He had never been trick or treating because Halloween isn't a "thing" here, so I took him backwards trick-or-treating. We brought candy to all our friends. I can't find the pictures of it. :( But it's so much fun when people go all out with their costumes!!

BuckyMom

Awww....too bad your husband wasn't up for an actual costume! When my kids were really little, they used to have these theater productions for kids. They did a fairytale series once and my husband took E to Cinderella on a daddy daughter date. She was like 4 or 5 I think? Anyway, he wanted to dress up as one of the ugly stepsisters, but she said no. He took her to a stage production from her favorite TV show at the time, Het Zandkasteel (the Sandcastle) and she dressed up as Sassa, and he dressed up as Koning Kos. We dressed A up as Toto, but he was too little to actually sit through a stage show at that point, so it was just for the picture.

View attachment 564732View attachment 564733

My husband also dressed up as a french maid one year when he lived in the US. He had never been trick or treating because Halloween isn't a "thing" here, so I took him backwards trick-or-treating. We brought candy to all our friends. I can't find the pictures of it. :( But it's so much fun when people go all out with their costumes!!
Your family is adorable! I agree completely, but he's only good for Disney every 4-5 years. I was just happy he was there. 2019 was my nephew's wedding at GF, so he had to go. This year for his baby's 21st. She and I are the Disney nuts.

Songbird76

Your family is adorable! I agree completely, but he's only good for Disney every 4-5 years. I was just happy he was there. 2019 was my nephew's wedding at GF, so he had to go. This year for his baby's 21st. She and I are the Disney nuts.
Ah, I get it. My DH isn't a Disney fan either. He's asked if my daughter and I would be willing to go by ourselves next time because he doesn't really like to go, and my son likes it, but it's kind of not worth the cost for him because he only wants to do one or two things and then he wants to go back to the resort and play on the computer. Disney is overwhelming for him. But DH will go all out with costumes or whatever if it makes the kids happy and he has a great sense of humor. The fact that he would have dressed up as one of the stepsisters instead of Prince Charming kind of says it all. I'd love to take my daughter for her sweet 16 next year, but we can't go during the school year. Maybe her 21st would be an option!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Going to keep this short. Due to recent current events, the hubs and I are deciding to cancel the upcoming trip this year. 😖

----

For those of you wanting to know, yes it is due to the rising numbers again of the virus. 😩

-----

This totally sucks, but we both know we are going to be very uncomfortable at the parks. 😷

------

Anyone have good news to share? 🥺 We could use a small pick me up at this point.

Disstevefan1

It’s national chicken finger day today….. Sorry, that’s all I got in the way of a pick me up… THIS SUCKS!!!! I am very sorry you have cancelled 😭😭

To try to help you rationalize, it’s mobbed at WDW and it’s not back to its pre pandemic offerings, so your vacation dollar is better spent when things are fully normalized at WDW..

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
It’s national chicken finger day today….. Sorry, that’s all I got in the way of a pick me up… THIS SUCKS!!!! I am very sorry you have cancelled 😭😭

To try to help you rationalize, it’s mobbed at WDW and it’s not back to its pre pandemic offerings, so your vacation dollar is better spent when things are fully normalized at WDW..
Thank you ♥️

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I guess this means the Disney Halloween t-shirt and ears I bought off etsy will be there next year. 😔

I may wear it while sitting on the couch watching a live stream on Halloween night. I'm sure there will be blogger there at that time.

Doc Disney

I'm so sorry to hear! We are actually very close to canceling our August trip due to the numbers too. Did you buy the Boo Bash tickets - were you able to get any of your money back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom