News Walt Disney World to End Temperature Checks

Dayma

Good to see that maybe stuff is starting to trend in a "normal" direction.
I am curious how many temp checks actually stopped someone from COVID from getting into the parks. I doubt we will ever know.

LaughingGravy

Temp checks were needed early on before more research was done into the virus. A high temp is just one of many indicators of carrying Covid-19. You can feel the derision just oozing from certain posters. Get a grip. Science is a living field of study, and new information evolves recommendations of behavior.
...but they said...

mickeymiss

Good to see that maybe stuff is starting to trend in a "normal" direction.
I am curious how many temp checks actually stopped someone from COVID from getting into the parks. I doubt we will ever know.
I was so paranoid when we went last year that the Florida heat would increase my temperature. I run in the 99 range normally. No issues. The womam that took my temp at the resort restaurant tested my husband and child. She then said "oh your temp is higher than theirs". I got nervous and it was 98.6 🙄😂

disneygeek90

I was so paranoid when we went last year that the Florida heat would increase my temperature. I run in the 99 range normally. No issues. The womam that took my temp at the resort restaurant tested my husband and child. She then said "oh your temp is higher than theirs". I got nervous and it was 98.6 🙄😂
We were out all morning this past weekend and DHS, and then took the skyliner to Epcot. It was the first time in (70?) temp screenings I seemed to have “failed.” Without skipping a beat the person just asked to take it behind my ear and then I was let in. The same thing happened to my mom. It was pretty hot out so I guess that was misleading the reads.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've had to use the temp check wands before and they're not that accurate/reliable unless someone is daaangerously high... (In which case, how would you even have the energy to go to a theme park?) It's really just an image thing companies used to make it look like they were following some sort of protocol.

GladToBeHear

Good. These should have been eliminated a long time ago. They're not a reliable indicator and were there primarily for optics. Now let's get that distancing down to 3 ft. like UOR -- where it should have been all along.

crawale

Does this mean that they end on the 15th and no checks at all on the 16th? Interesting as I'll be there for the 14th so we will have temp checks for two days of our trip lol.
If it will be a waste of time on 16th then why have it earlier? It should stop right now.

jaklgreen

Didn't we all know that temperature checks were a waste of time and not an accurate way to tell if someone is sick? I hate when they do stupid stuff like this for the dumb people who actually think it matters.

disneygeek90

Didn't we all know that temperature checks were a waste of time and not an accurate way to tell if someone is sick? I hate when they do stupid stuff like this for the dumb people who actually think it matters.
Early on it seemed like a fever was one of the first symptoms. Now we know that it's not a great indicator, and a lot of other countries were using temp checks to enter certain areas too so it made sense something like theme parks would roll it out. It was fine, it wasn't too much of a nuisance aside from busy nights at Disney Springs. It didn't hurt, but I'm not sad to see them go.

jaklgreen

Early on it seemed like a fever was one of the first symptoms. Now we know that it's not a great indicator, and a lot of other countries were using temp checks to enter certain areas too so it made sense something like theme parks would roll it out. It was fine, it wasn't too much of a nuisance aside from busy nights at Disney Springs. It didn't hurt, but I'm not sad to see them go.
It hasn't made sense in a long time though.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Temperature checks have not been and will not be an accurate indicator since it’s a symptom that can be easily masked.

Is there really anything left to say on this particular topic? Temp checks are ending as reported by @The Visionary Soul. End of discussion. Please stop with the constant Covid bickering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom