News Walt Disney World to End Temperature Checks

DCBaker

Premium Member
As of earlier today, Orange County was a tiny bit shy of 40% having at least one dose. 28% completed both doses (or j&j)

At the Monday presser, Mayor Demings said it was already higher than that -

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 4.32.08 PM.png

kpilcher

Looking at that promo pack it seems like this is kicking off perhaps a larger phase of the continuation of the Disney AdventHealth partnership. Is Disney looking to keep the spotlight on healthy behavior as the restrictions start to disappear. And Advent want to stay very much in the picture, they have had a lot of exposure at WDW during the last year.
Agreed. imagine If there was some kind of place to show off the Wonders of life science. We’re seeing the frontiers of medicine pushed Thanks to the pandemic.

disneygeek90

I'm always behind on these things. Did he make a new announcement? I thought Disney was excluded from the previous one?
Only the one the other day, I’m just saying that I don’t think the earlier announced OC benchmarks are still applicable to Orlando, let alone WDW.

kpilcher

Thank you!! Does anyone know how much that is increasing week to week by percentage? 1% a day, for example.
To compare Oranges to Oranges, as @DCBaker pointed out above, it was 44.5% of older teens and adults on Monday (May 3rd). It was 35.7% on April 28th. So roughly up 8.8% in 5 days. It was 26.8% when the Orange graphic debuted on April 13th. So up 17.7% in 20 days. Unfortunately, vaccinations are slowing. Orange had roughly 2,000 shots available at 2 temporary sites at rec centers yesterday and they gave out just 124 shots. A lunch event at busy Lake Eola park in downtown Orlando gave out 49 shots today.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Walt Disney World will be ending both Guest and Cast temperature checks in the coming weeks. The last day for Employee (Cast & Imagineer) temperature checks will be on May 7th and May 15th will be the last day checking the temperatures of Guests. This is most likely in response to Orange County, Florida’s Chief Medical Officer, who said not only are they a complete waste of time, but also a misuse of resources since many parks are using qualified medical personnel or security to conduct such checks.

Updated with Official Notice from Disney on dates.
What about the muppets?

celluloid

They were never a reliable indicator. Just an above and beyond bonus, particularly early on when no one was sure but wanted layers. It is time, and with staffing being costly and problematic, it makes sense that parks were ready to get rid of this first while keeping the things that are proven to work.

ohioguy

Temp checks were needed early on before more research was done into the virus. A high temp is just one of many indicators of carrying Covid-19. You can feel the derision just oozing from certain posters. Get a grip. Science is a living field of study, and new information evolves recommendations of behavior.

seascape

The Evolv Security system can take temperatures if they use the upgraded software. Given that my niece caught the flue at WDW in 2019 and I know many others have gotten sick in themeparks I am against eliminating temperature requirements for visiting themeparks. Yes, it is not full proof but people should never go to the parks while sick even if you are on vacation. Please reconsider this change as it should have nothing to do with Covid19 but general health concerns for everyone all the time.

FormerMember

Temp checks were needed early on before more research was done into the virus. A high temp is just one of many indicators of carrying Covid-19. You can feel the derision just oozing from certain posters. Get a grip. Science is a living field of study, and new information evolves recommendations of behavior.
This would be fair.... If those contact less thermometers were even remotely close to accurate. But they aren't.

I suppose you could argue that they act as a deterrent for someone who knows they have a fever and was still thinking about going to the park. That would be a pretty tenuous argument to try and make though.

mickeymiss

This would be fair.... If those contact less thermometers were even remotely close to accurate. But they aren't.

I suppose you could argue that they act as a deterrent for someone who knows they have a fever and was still thinking about going to the park. That would be a pretty tenuous argument to try and make though.
How many people have temperatures without feeling horrible? Would those people be up for going to the parks? We were a dying breed before covid 🤣We avoid public places when we are sick.My husband got sick at disney in 2019 and we missed out on our last day at the parks. He didn't have a fever and it was a mild cold. I'm hopeful that more people would take symptoms seriously now than they did before covid. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Monkee Girl

Walt Disney World will be ending both Guest and Cast temperature checks in the coming weeks. The last day for Employee (Cast & Imagineer) temperature checks will be on May 7th and May 15th will be the last day checking the temperatures of Guests. This is most likely in response to Orange County, Florida’s Chief Medical Officer, who said not only are they a complete waste of time, but also a misuse of resources since many parks are using qualified medical personnel or security to conduct such checks.

Updated with Official Notice from Disney on dates.
Very glad to hear this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom