News Walt Disney World to End Temperature Checks

mickeymiss

I wonder if the announcement pertains to fireworks? I don't know what the tease would be about if it wasn't something big. I lost track of the person who was reporting vaccine rates. Is orange county up to 50% yet? It would be weird for it to involve masks when they literally just said they plan to keep things in place. Suspense.

iowamomof4

Universal Orlando confirms to News 6 WKMG-TV/ClickOrlando.com that it is eliminating all Temperature checks as of tomorrow (May 6th).
It is also dropping social distancing tomorrow to three feet (down from 6).
Disney and AdventHealth have called a news conference tomorrow at 10AM EDT for what they call a major announcement, but a Disney spokesperson told us it has nothing to do with the temperature screenings.

👀 🍿

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Disney and AdventHealth have called a news conference tomorrow at 10AM EDT for what they call a major announcement, but a Disney spokesperson told us it has nothing to do with the temperature screenings.
We still have not heard from SeaWorld Entertainment.

We are also posting updates as they come in. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything else major.

Vaccination site at Disney?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I thought about that. But who wants to go to Disney and get a vaccine that won't even be effective until well after you leave? On top of that, who wants to risk spending 24-48 hours being sick in your room with side effects? So probably not vaccinations, unless it's more geared to locals.
A more likely scenario would be a public vaccination site that cast, locals and visitors can go to. And they have a large available space to do it.

Last edited:

mickeymiss

I guess they could have carved out an estimated date for loosening mask mandates but I'm not aware that orange country reached any of the benchmarks for that yet. I can't think of any announcement that would warrant a pre-announcement

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.09.49 PM.png

Chomama

Perhaps. They have already Had some pop up events for cast members. But AdventHealth’s pediatric division is part of the announcement. It’s big enough to bring in the CEO of the region.
I am trying hard to figure this one out. No guesses. Although I saw a hint about nighttime show announcement somewhere

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Perhaps. They have already Had some pop up events for cast members. But AdventHealth’s pediatric division is part of the announcement. It’s big enough to bring in the CEO of the region.
Looking at that promo pack it seems like this is kicking off perhaps a larger phase of the continuation of the Disney AdventHealth partnership. Is Disney looking to keep the spotlight on healthy behavior as the restrictions start to disappear. And Advent want to stay very much in the picture, they have had a lot of exposure at WDW during the last year.

kpilcher

I wonder if the announcement pertains to fireworks? I don't know what the tease would be about if it wasn't something big. I lost track of the person who was reporting vaccine rates. Is orange county up to 50% yet? It would be weird for it to involve masks when they literally just said they plan to keep things in place. Suspense.
As of earlier today, Orange County was a tiny bit shy of 40% having at least one dose. 28% completed both doses (or j&j)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom