News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabreezept813

I wouldn’t mind either but might have when my kids were 3.
I would 100% mind as I have a 3 year old and she adored the character meals even at 1.5. Besides having a newborn, it’s one of the top reasons wed never visit Disney with current restrictions. I think people are putting up with a lot of stuff because they’re desperate to still do things during the pandemic. But waving at Mickey behind plexiglass I don’t see people tolerating post-pandemic.

Chomama

I would 100% mind as I have a 3 year old and she adored the character meals even at 1.5. Besides having a newborn, it’s one of the top reasons wed never visit Disney with current restrictions. I think people are putting up with a lot of stuff because they’re desperate to still do things during the pandemic. But waving at Mickey behind plexiglass I don’t see people tolerating post-pandemic.
I couldn’t agree with you more! We have been twice since Covid started but only bc we are so bored and were looking for a location we could drive to (8 hours) and had Covid restrictions enforced. Now that we can fly and are vaccinated I have zero interest in paying those prices to have such limited experiences. And we usually go 10-12 times a year (I know,I know). We are skipping our typical ten day spring/summer trip and going somewhere else. We will plan a big trip when more stuff comes back. (I’m looking at you, fireworks and entertainment)

91JLovesDisney

I wouldn't call myself an introvert but I personally never really liked when characters came over to the table 😂

I last did Chef Mickey last August (during Covid = no Mickey whatsoever) and it's the most I've ever enjoyed breakfast at Disney World (actually, second to Be Our Guest). Great food, pleasant staff. Now I don't dislike Mickey, I just don't love having to interact with strangers while I eat?

FormerMember

I feel character dining will never really return to what it was before.
Once Disney knows guests will pay to eat and see a character from a distance they'll have no shame keeping it that way.

I realize it can't come back like it used to be right now, but I could see them keeping it as is.
It cuts tons of labor cost and attendant staff. Table turnover would definitely speed up.
Usually I agree with Disney not letting a good cost cutting opportunity go by, but in this case, people will stop paying. They may be okay to do it this way now. But it won’t last, IMO.

Parker in NYC

Usually I agree with Disney not letting a good cost cutting opportunity go by, but in this case, people will stop paying. They may be okay to do it this way now. But it won’t last, IMO.
I love all the good cost-cutting wishes coming home to roost. I really do. As it turns out, guests need buffets like they need Horizons back. Cash registers say: family-style it is!

tpac24

I am super bummed that Cape May isn't coming back in it's original form. I despise buffets but not that one. It was a must do every trip for us. I don't like all this change.

Lilofan

I am super bummed that Cape May isn't coming back in it's original form. I despise buffets but not that one. It was a must do every trip for us. I don't like all this change.
We enjoy the Cape May buffett. Glad that it isn't in a theme park. I wouldn't want to go on an roller coaster ride on a full stomach but then again wearing that required mask would perhaps prevent me losing my lunch on someone else.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I didn't see this posted anywhere yet (probably missed it) but we have the official end of temperature screening dates.

"The change will begin May 8 for cast members and then May 16 for guests"

It's also updated on the WDW site:

EDIT: Found the link of a thread specific to this topic:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-disney-world-to-end-temperature-checks.973037/#post-9789780

Last edited:

arich35

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet (probably missed it) but we have the official end of temperature screening dates.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-disney-world-to-end-temperature-checks.973037/#post-9789780
2 days after we leave, doh!

RSoxNo1

2 days after we leave, doh!
Are the temperature screenings really an impact on the guest experience? I imagine this is more about an efficacy standpoint than anything.

FigmentsFangirl

The whole temperture screening for us at Disney Springs was very simple and fast; but by the time the whole thing of no covid emergency or mask mandates is supposed to end on 1 July, and by then orange County will be no longer requiring masks ?

Correct me if I am wrong, I am just happy I can go mask free for a picture now

TrojanUSC

The whole temperture screening for us at Disney Springs was very simple and fast; but by the time the whole thing of no covid emergency or mask mandates is supposed to end on 1 July, and by then orange County will be no longer requiring masks ?

Disney can still absolutely require them even if Orange County does not.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Are the temperature screenings really an impact on the guest experience? I imagine this is more about an efficacy standpoint than anything.
With the exception of the surge at park opening they are not really a major bottleneck in the arrival process. However, the local and state Health Departments stated last week they believed any organization still performing temperature checks can stop since at this time they are not necessary. This gave most operators the legal cover to allow removal based on government guidance.

Once they are stopped, Disney will be able to remove a lot of crowd fencing used to funnel guests to temperature screening locations and open up guest flow at park entrances

Last edited:

FormerMember

Sounds amazing, however the CDC suuuuure changes around a lot.
100%. On this one though, I doubt there will be any politically pressure to reverse course. Temp screenings should go the way of the dodo.
The whole temperature screening for us at Disney Springs was very simple and fast; but by the time the whole thing of no covid emergency or mask mandates is supposed to end on 1 July, and by then orange County will be no longer requiring masks ?

By July, I would be pretty shocked if mandatory masking was still a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom