buying a home at golden oaks

Chomama

Jumping in late but I do have a question - what perks does GO have that make it a good addition to 33? Do you think it is worth doing or would a nice home in windermere be a better use of $$$ since park perks come with 33? Does that make sense?

nickys

Premium Member
Jumping in late but I do have a question - what perks does GO have that make it a good addition to 33? Do you think it is worth doing or would a nice home in windermere be a better use of $$$ since park perks come with 33? Does that make sense?
I can’t answer directly.

However membership of Club 33 isn’t something you can just buy. There is a selection process and interview.
So for someone who isn’t already a Club 33 member, I guess buying at GO solves that particular dilemma and is a definite factor in the decision.

But I do notice you asked about whether GO makes a good addition to Club 33, so that may not be relevant.

TrainsOfDisney

I can’t answer directly.

However membership of Club 33 isn’t something you can just buy. There is a selection process and interview.
So for someone who isn’t already a Club 33 member, I guess buying at GO solves that particular dilemma and is a definite factor in the decision.

But I do notice you asked about whether GO makes a good addition to Club 33, so that may not be relevant.
It sounds like @Chomama already has Club 33. I think the big perk for Golden Oak at that point is the transportation services. And the bragging rights of course!

Benjamin_Nicholas

GO, depending on the neighborhood, is simply a comfortable place to stay (or the few who live there full-time) while you're in Orlando.
People always balk at the price of buying in, but honestly, if you can, you do.

I've never heard one fellow resident complain about having made the investment. Everyone seems to love it. Disney has made this seamless lifestyle experience.

GO continues to build new neighborhoods, so I assume they're selling through. That was a big reason I traded up from Marceline to the Four Seasons... I wanted to ensure the enclave I lived in remained at a set number of homes (and no more squeezed in or more land cleared to add).

jaklgreen

GO, depending on the neighborhood, is simply a comfortable place to stay (or the few who live there full-time) while you're in Orlando.

I've never heard one fellow resident complain about having made the investment. Everyone seems to love it. Disney has made this seamless lifestyle experience.

GO continues to build new neighborhoods, so I assume they're selling through. That was a big reason I traded up from Marceline to the Four Seasons... I wanted to ensure the enclave I lived in remained at a set number of homes (and no more squeezed in or more land cleared to add).

If I won the lottery, Golden Oak would be my second call that I make, after my money guy. LOL That would be my dream to live in the Four Seasons Residences there.

Chomama

Thanks so much for responding. Does GO have dining at the pool like a country club? I suppose I really just need to go take the tour but there are few available houses right now so I don’t want to waste anyone’s time.
I keep eyeing other local neighborhoods and none of them seem to quite hit the spot. However it would be in addition to 33 so I am just want to make sure it is worth it. I appreciate the honesty. It is hard to find any in depth info about the GO club and services. Like 33 I understand they don’t heavily advertise but I hate to go bug them if I can find out for myself.

jaklgreen

Thanks so much for responding. Does GO have dining at the pool like a country club? I suppose I really just need to go take the tour but there are few available houses right now so I don’t want to waste anyone’s time.
I keep eyeing other local neighborhoods and none of them seem to quite hit the spot. However it would be in addition to 33 so I am just want to make sure it is worth it. I appreciate the honesty. It is hard to find any in depth info about the GO club and services. Like 33 I understand they don’t heavily advertise but I hate to go bug them if I can find out for myself.

They have a clubhouse with 2 restaurants. You really need to go look at their website. All of this information is on there.

Chomama

They have a clubhouse with 2 restaurants. You really need to go look at their website. All of this information is on there.
I did. I saw the two restaurants but wasn’t sure about pool food service. I have read the site but sometimes talking to person with experience can add additional insight :)

jaklgreen

I did. I saw the two restaurants but wasn’t sure about pool food service. I have read the site but sometimes talking to person with experience can add additional insight :)
I imagine you can call them up. I am sure they will be happy to send you information.

jaklgreen

Apparently you are not aware that this is a Disney discussion board for asking questions and discussing Disney world!!!
But how many of us actually LIVE in Golden Oak to be able to answer these questions? Do YOU know the answers to them? GO is not WDW where we all have experience with it. The OP was not asking opinions about experiences at WDW, but wanted to know facts about GO. Why not go right to the source and get it right away instead of waiting and seeing if maybe someone here knows the answer? Sorry, but if I was able to move there, the first thing that I would do is call them up, have them send me information and then follow up with a visit.

Chomama

But how many of us actually LIVE in Golden Oak to be able to answer these questions? Do YOU know the answers to them? GO is not WDW where we all have experience with it. The OP was not asking opinions about experiences at WDW, but wanted to know facts about GO. Why not go right to the source and get it right away instead of waiting and seeing if maybe someone here knows the answer? Sorry, but if I was able to move there, the first thing that I would do is call them up, have them send me information and then follow up with a visit.
I don’t know why this is bothering you so much but the only reason I decided to ask a question here is that I saw there was someone commenting that actually does live there so I figured I would ask him a couple of questions. You may handle it differently if you were in my situation but I like to have more than one perspective. The sales people at Golden Oak have one job and that is to get me to buy a house. Somebody who has already lived there might have a different perspective about the pros and cons and if they regret their purchase and what the small things are that make it feel worth it to them. I am not sure why this is so upsetting to you but I really was just trying to ask if you questions that seem pretty harmless.

jaklgreen

I don’t know why this is bothering you so much but the only reason I decided to ask a question here is that I saw there was someone commenting that actually does live there so I figured I would ask him a couple of questions. You may handle it differently if you were in my situation but I like to have more than one perspective. The sales people at Golden Oak have one job and that is to get me to buy a house. Somebody who has already lived there might have a different perspective about the pros and cons and if they regret their purchase and what the small things are that make it feel worth it to them. I am not sure why this is so upsetting to you but I really was just trying to ask if you questions that seem pretty harmless.

Sorry if I upset you. I can understand getting personal accounts. But as for the logistical questions, I still think that you would be better served actually calling them to find out. Not only would it be quicker, you are guaranteed to get accurate information.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Summerhouse will deliver anywhere in GO: Your home or any of the community pools.

If you buy into the Four Seasons enclave, their chefs will use the private kitchen in your home or you can always use any facility within the hotel's property.

Right now, contrary to what you might see online, there are no GO homes for sale. Totally sold out, but from what I know, at least two homes in the original section of GO will go on sale in the next month due to their owners finishing builds and closing on the Four Seasons side.

Benjamin_Nicholas

But yes, there are people here who have homes there. Me included.

I went from a home in Marceline to a custom build within the Four Seasons. I can usually answer any concern a would-be homeowner has, as I've been there for several years and try to impart what I've been through.

Sure, you can call them, but that's a whole different thing: If they think you're serious, they put on the whole show and you don't always get the good and bad. They want to sell you that home... Period. That's what they do. That's all they do.

Just because this isn't in your wheelhouse doesn't mean there are others here who can help out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom