Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

ToTBellHop

Lots of experts on Marvel Super Hero Island here who haven’t been or went once 14 years ago. I go to Universal Orlando yearly. There is nothing charming about their Marvel land. They have a wonderful Spidey ride with a crappy and very dated queue. They have a great Bolliger and Mabillard coaster over unthemed concrete areas. And if you step on Doctor Doom’s Fearfall, you will legitimately think “I could be at Six Flags.”

It is not Universal’s best (except for the Spidey ride) and the only thing I wish Disney had emulated was making a Spidey E ticket with an actual villain. Universal can keep the rest, including the inedible food.

ToTBellHop

How many ""office parks"" have an alien tower, giganticized kitchen accoutements, and a mystical garden?

I guess it's ""cool"" to be snarky about Disney because ""ANGER!!"", but y'all give away your emotionalism when your criticisms ridiculously miss the mark.
Agreed. I hope the critical people don’t come so my wait times are short. And I think PYM looks unique and fun. After the past year, unique, fun experiences sound perfect.

truecoat

I'm Hispanic

baseball joke GIF

lazyboy97o

How many ""office parks"" have an alien tower, giganticized kitchen accoutements, and a mystical garden?

I guess it's ""cool"" to be snarky about Disney because ""ANGER!!"", but y'all give away your emotionalism when your criticisms ridiculously miss the mark.
“Office park” was used as a description in defense of the land.

Californian Elitist

There’s at least one.

Which criticisms are missing the mark? And once again, who is angry?
Agreed. I hope the critical people don’t come so my wait times are short. And I think PYM looks unique and fun. After the past year, unique, fun experiences sound perfect.
The Hive will be there. We just need a date.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“Office park” was used as a description in defense of the land.

Yeah, but you kinda swung that around as a criticism, no? My apologies if that wasn't your intent.

Anyhoo...

That looks like a dramatically lit version of an Irvine office park.

Is that it? Are we aupposed to be excited about Office Park aesthetics??? Is Bob Chapek drunk???

This is DCA’s salute to Silicon Valley! Office park works fine.

“I doubt anyone is going to be harumphing about a unifying environment over a brand whose stories literally transcend time, distance, and space.”

Not sure if this should be take seriously, but this post got a lot of likes. So people don’t mind not having a unifying environment yet are decrying what’s going on in California Adventure that is clearly not unifying and appears as office park and power plant. Maybe they should not be so quick to judge what they clearly don’t understand and the big picture is yet to be revealed.

Theming thrown aside for an office park. A shame.

Now the Avengers headquarters is essentially a group of office style buildings and it does give them the easy way out.

truecoat

Yeah, but you kinda swung that around as a criticism, no? My apologies if that wasn't your intent.

Anyhoo...

TP2000 said:
That looks like a dramatically lit version of an Irvine office park.

Is that it? Are we aupposed to be excited about Office Park aesthetics??? Is Bob Chapek drunk???

britain said:
This is DCA’s salute to Silicon Valley! Office park works fine.

DanielBB8 said:
“I doubt anyone is going to be harumphing about a unifying environment over a brand whose stories literally transcend time, distance, and space.”

Not sure if this should be take seriously, but this post got a lot of likes. So people don’t mind not having a unifying environment yet are decrying what’s going on in California Adventure that is clearly not unifying and appears as office park and power plant. Maybe they should not be so quick to judge what they clearly don’t understand and the big picture is yet to be revealed.

Kram Sacul said:
Theming thrown aside for an office park. A shame.

truecoat said:
Now the Avengers headquarters is essentially a group of office style buildings and it does give them the easy way out.

Concept art.jpg

MagicWDI

Anyone saying they should use the design of Marvel Superhero Island to represent the MCU needs to get out of the drum circle. I can't shake my head any more dramatic than I'm doing right now.... I just can't.....

The MCU is to take place in the real world, not in a comic book world. Earth 616 is our same world, and the MCU is what people are eating up. Not the comics (unfortunate but true).

Sure, I believe Pym's Test Kitchen is a bit much. I'm getting "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" vibes here and seems a bit over the top. But so was the movie, which stood out as the comical, punny movie in the MCU.

But the last thing I would want to see is a Marvel Superhero Island at DCA, or some comic book, cartoon land. The real draw is obviously the MCU, its characters and worlds. Let's at least start there.

AJFireman

Todays Disney Park Blog quote regarding the Galactic Cruiser maybe they will change Star Wars to Aveneger Campus next month.

"This isn’t storytelling – it’s storyliving, where you’ll see, feel and live Star Wars in a whole new way."

George Lucas on a Bench

"This isn’t storytelling – it’s storyliving, where you’ll see, feel and live Star Wars in a whole new way."

This is a whole separate argument than Avengers Big Tech Headquarters and something I've been firmly against for some time. I don't go to theme parks to "Live" these fake rides. You'd have to be pretty delusional to want to go to Disneyland to "Live" anything out. I mean, I'm not going to jump out of the egg shaped car in the HM and declare myself the thousandth ghost. This is just ridiculous.

Professortango1

One complaint I have is the fact that Mission BO's attraction sign is oriented away from the land. It would be like having the Haunted Mansion gate/plaque facing Splash Mountain rather than towards the flow of traffic through the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom