Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
@ImperfectPixie by fall/winter comes will be back to normal with normal events like HHN, WDW Halloween event, Fright Fest (Six Flags parks), Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, etc...with no masks and social distancing anymore?

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

ImperfectPixie

it’s “the power of dumb” syndrome. Empowering the less equipped because you can manipulate them for power. It’s been building for at least 30 years....

you NEVER give up...keep doubling down. Never “wrong” because that’s not an option
Yup. I totally get that.

Those using it during a world-wide pandemic should be jailed.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I think we have a chance to still get this more under control...but we could still have effects that have to be handled. I don’t think we will have as many issues as 2020...but may not be doing enough to get back to 2019
Probably we might go back to normal to 2019 levels maybe as we will herd immunity more.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I like your positive outlook on this, but, that's not was generates mouse clicks, so I'm absolutely certain articles like this will dominate the next news cycle. As doom and gloom sells.
Reaching 'herd immunity' is unlikely in the U.S.
Yeah, you are preaching to the choir here. The doom and gloom crowd absolutely loves to point out that we can’t or won’t reach herd immunity now even though nobody anywhere actually knows what level of immunity is really needed. It’s great click bait to say that and then quote an “expert”. The headline is the clickbait but when you read further what’s buried in there is the quote from Fauci that people seem to forget.

“People were getting confused and thinking you’re never going to get the infections down until you reach this mystical level of herd immunity, whatever that number is,” he said. “That’s why we stopped using herd immunity in the classic sense,” he added. “I’m saying: Forget that for a second. You vaccinate enough people, the infections are going to go down.”

So as I keep pointing out, we don’t need to wait for full herd immunity to see cases drop and to roll back mitigation efforts. The 7 day daily average in the US is the lowest it has been since the first week of October. We are still above the levels we hit in early Fall, but the cases are falling now in the majority of states. The curve is turning down and as we get more people vaccinated that should continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom