WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They were selling TIW through the end of the closure and everyone who bought got a 4-month extension, so there will be valid TIW through July.

Also a lot of CMs aren't really looking at expiration dates and just accepting them.

so the numbers dwindling then...as in if I happened to buy one on 3/12/20...I’d be close to the end/last in line?

ok

TrojanUSC

so the numbers dwindling then...as in if I happened to buy one on 3/12/20...I’d be close to the end/last in line?

ok

Yes, also keep in mind that TIW is good for 13 months. I actually happened to buy one 3/8/20, it technically expired on 4/30/21. However, there's now an additional 4 months added and I can use it until August.

As mentioned, a lot of places are still accepting it, even for people whose passes expired fully several months ago. One of those your mileage may vary things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, also keep in mind that TIW is good for 13 months. I actually happened to buy one 3/8/20, it technically expired on 4/30/21. However, there's now an additional 4 months added and I can use it until August.

As mentioned, a lot of places are still accepting it, even for people whose passes expired fully several months ago. One of those your mileage may vary things.

even if they can headfake the discount until august until expiration...that will be wiped from the system then. The computer will lock it down.

that likely will be the end of tables...rest in peace

TrojanUSC

even if they can headfake the discount until august until expiration...that will be wiped from the system then. The computer will lock it down.

that likely will be the end of tables...rest in peace

I hope it comes back in some form. It was a good way to lure locals in to eat on property, particularly at resort restaurants which had a lot of open seating thanks to Disney Springs, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bookings are strong except for The Grand. No surprise there. $800/night for no perks?

it makes sense...and it doesn’t

the covid fever should lead to more/higher price bookings...but the reality is that a lot of the customer base is still digging out of...or going into a financial slow/hole that will impact travel. This is probably an “adrenaline rush” type scenario.

at some point...things have to equalize or we all will be throwing up our hands wondering what we’re paying for? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

jinx8402

it makes sense...and if doesn’t

the covid fever should lead to more/higher price bookings...but the reality is that a lot of the customer base is still digging out of...or going into a financial slow/hole that will impact travel. This is probably an “adrenaline rush” type scenario.

at some point...things have to equalize or we all will be throwing up our hands wondering what we’re paying for? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wonder how much of the "adrenaline" rush is due to tickets bought for last year were extended through mid September 2021. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't realize it is not a real expiration date, so think they need use by then.

CaptainAmerica

Valet parking returns to Walt Disney World Resort hotels​

cd14f14068c35439c1c8e3f182ccb5c6.gif

ToTBellHop

Funny, Four Seasons is sold out 🤷‍♂️

Except on price! The Grand’s occupancy has been in the toilet ever since that place opened.
WDW’s flagship needs to do some soul-searching and provide a truly premium experience. If anything Four Seasons proves people will pay for it. They’d probably pay $1000/night to stay with Disney if the amenities were comparable.

Notes from Neverland

Discounts are disappearing in a hurry. We were checking out the Yacht Club Garden View offer and it disappeared right in front of our eyes. Safe to say demand is quite high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom