Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

__r.jr

Talk about insisting upon itself.

DIsneyland Paris' Frontierland is the prime example of story continuity that flows smoothly through each attraction and establishment and doesn't boast about it. One would think Disney would master the handling of cohesive storytelling they tout ad nauseam on recent additions and modifications, however everything must be blatant for the sake of "immersiveness".

waltography

If they weren’t taking it too seriously they would not bother with elaborate explanations for why all of this different stuff is there.
🤷🏻‍♂️ Disney Parks Blog marketing. I don't need their explanation as to why all these different locations are here because it's not necessary for me to appreciate the area. The idea of a superhero training center is a lightweight and nimble enough concept for the area to work for me.

lazyboy97o

🤷🏻‍♂️ Disney Parks Blog marketing. I don't need their explanation as to why all these different locations are here because it's not necessary for me to appreciate the area. The idea of a superhero training center is a lightweight and nimble enough concept for the area to work for me.
But it’s not just marketing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Might not be for a while. They just repaved the area recently where the building would go. Why go through that effort it would be torn down soon.
I can't speak to whether the project is moving forward or not. But I can say that paving an area is cheap, even if its for an area that will go under construction in a couple years. So just because it was repaved recently doesn't mean we can't see something happening in the next 3-5 years or sooner.

But again I say that all not knowing exactly what will happen with that project.

Suspirian

Fantasyland NEVER apologizes for placing Peter Pan right across from Snow White, even though the particulars of those stories have little to do with each other. That space needs no "backstory" to explain why they've come together - the rules of the space can be understood intuitively just by inhabiting it. Not to mention, the concept of the land refers back to the mission of the park - so if you need clues to what's happening there, knowing that you're at Disneyland helps fill in the blanks.

You know I've always thought Pixar Pier could work as a DCA fantasyland, but the additions are so haphazardly put together and again given convoluted backstories. Honestly all that matters for me is aesthetics and Avengers Campus ranges from bland to actually ugly. A lot can be overlooked if something actually looks good lol.

Random but that twitter thread posted a while ago brought up something interesting. The concept art shows a kind of alien forest that I never noticed before? Genuinely wouldn't mind GOTC anymore if they added that and gave it a new color scheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom