News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Animaniac93-98

Too bad too since their Peter Pan looks great. They should have made the maze classic Alice

The attraction menu for SDL was basically set in stone by 2010, right after the Tim Burton Alice made big bucks at the box office. Obviously, it's popularity was a fluke and the decision to build it based on that version has not aged well at all.

Shows the problem of theme parks trying to chase after the latest hit, instead of picking a solid idea or tried and true property.

The Aracuan Bird

There’s no question Pinocchio needs some work, but replacing it with one of the newer films would feel out of place. The 5 films that have dark rides were all in production around the same time, and they all were instrumental, in one way or another, to the original Disneyland feel.

I doubt that’s something they really care about, but it’s part of the reason why Disneyland’s Fantasyland works so well.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Shut 'er down-

d13a843552f23f82cd00635c0ac152bf.gif

Disney Analyst

Shut 'er down-

“Still, with the twinkling lights all around and the gorgeous special effects, that final scene is beautifully executed — as long as you're watching it as a fairy tale, not a life lesson.”

The article ends with that line, and I just think… that’s exactly what you are watching, a fairy tale.

Parents can teach their children about consent after.

brb1006

I think the only attraction based on any of the live action remakes in the parks is Shanghai Disneyland's Alice Returns to Underland maze.
There was a brief period where Disney used the "Angelina Jolie Maleficent" version of the character at the parks in 2014. This version of Maleficent was only used for the one night only event "Villains Unleashed" at DHS.

jt04

Saw Justin's video (granted it is heavily edited) but the presentation looked fantastic to me. Loved the little leota-esque version of the witch!

TDO needs to make the case for cloning the attraction to the MK. IMO.

And while they're at it, get the same team to similarly enhance the Little Mermaid ride at the MK.

And bring back Mr Toad. 🐸

The Aracuan Bird

Saw Justin's video (granted it is heavily edited) but the presentation looked fantastic to me. Loved the little leota-esque version of the witch!

TDO needs to make the case for cloning the attraction to the MK. IMO.

And while they're at it, get the same team to similarly enhance the Little Mermaid ride at the MK.

And bring back Mr Toad. 🐸
The “little witch” is a screen.

I’d honestly take anything ride wise in PFH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom