Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
69D0352B-5D9E-4B81-8F00-BFA0C0C9B712.jpeg

I’ve said it before ~ it IS possible to get last-minute ADRs. Woody and I arrived last Sunday without a single ADR. We were still able to enjoy three table service meals! We could have gotten ADRs for others had we been so inclined.

I was kind of hoping to be seated in the Diamond Horseshoe (since my last three LTT meals have been in the main restaurant) but it’s not meant to be tonight.

Woody peruses both sides of the drink menu.

89F4BB9F-6C80-45B0-95D9-18227F88A8A5.jpeg

1F323005-1A7C-4942-BD38-2AE67215B03D.jpeg

He is intrigued by the “Eco-friendly wine on tap”. He opts to try Martin Ray Chardonnay.

043165AC-B404-42BB-9E31-D3B0270BAAC6.jpeg

It arrives with about a half-inch of foam (like beer on tap) which dissipates quickly (before I can take a picture.) Woody likes it enough to order a second glass.

You may recall last visit Em and I were served a big bowl of salad to share and approximately 7 rolls. Woody and I get 4 rolls (still too many!) and individual bowls of salad.

A2285C07-FF66-4F39-8C8A-DBD66A6A13C6.jpeg

Our table is large enough to hold the feast.

B43820B7-778F-4397-BCCD-C0133C2E2520.jpeg

The turkey is exceptional ~ so moist and savory that gravy isn’t required. Woody says the pork is excellent. The pot roast is yum as always. Sorry vegetarians, but we are carnivores at this meal!

I know what’s coming and force myself to put down my fork.

The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake does not disappoint. It arrives with a very generous scoop of ice cream.

CBDA3D73-8417-41DA-A6F5-617C79A3C674.jpeg

Our server notices our empty plate and offers to bring more. Our mouths want it, but our bellies say no!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
View attachment 553570

I’ve said it before ~ it IS possible to get last-minute ADRs. Woody and I arrived last Sunday without a single ADR. We were still able to enjoy three table service meals! We could have gotten ADRs for others had we been so inclined.

I was kind of hoping to be seated in the Diamond Horseshoe (since my last three LTT meals have been in the main restaurant) but it’s not meant to be tonight.

Woody peruses both sides of the drink menu.

View attachment 553571

View attachment 553575

He is intrigued by the “Eco-friendly wine on tap”. He opts to try Martin Ray Chardonnay.

View attachment 553573

It arrives with about a half-inch of foam (like beer on tap) which dissipates quickly (before I can take a picture.) Woody likes it enough to order a second glass.

You may recall last visit Em and I were served a big bowl of salad to share and approximately 7 rolls. Woody and I get 4 rolls (still too many!) and individual bowls of salad.

View attachment 553572

Our table is large enough to hold the feast.

View attachment 553574

The turkey is exceptional ~ so moist and savory that gravy isn’t required. Woody says the pork is excellent. The pot roast is yum as always. Sorry vegetarians, but we are carnivores at this meal!

I know what’s coming and force myself to put down my fork.

The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake does not disappoint. It arrives with a very generous scoop of ice cream.

View attachment 553576

Our server notices our empty plate and offers to bring more. Our mouths want it, but our bellies say no!
Please tell me you had at least a couple of those green beans though! They look so so so good!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Please tell me you had at least a couple of those green beans though! They look so so so good!!
I love green beans, especially the skinny ones. But LTT tends to go heavy on the garlic and I prefer just the beans. So I don’t have any.

However Woody does and comments, “In case you need an opinion for the trip report, the beans aren’t very garlicky tonight. They’re very good.”

I kid you not!

AKemily

Turns out the issue is a family who gets to ride AGAIN. They don’t get out when the train pulls into the station. They get a second ride IN THE LAST SEAT!!

No fair!
Wonder how/why? #extrashirleystatus!
It's been a long time since I've posted (I've been slowly "dipping my toe" back into the boards but have so far just been lurking) but I had to jump in because I think I have an answer to this! I have been planning (or rather, dreaming of, since who knows when Canadians will be able to go to the US again) a trip to Disney with a friend of mine who has low mobility and would require an ECV to get around and have been doing LOTS of research. I haven't had to do research for a Disney trip in so long so it's been a lot of fun and I've learned so much! Something I came across recently that I thought was super interesting was wheelchair transfers on BTMR specifically. Lots of rides, including BTMR, Slinky, EE, and SDMT, have specific cars on the trains that have sides that lower down to facilitate easier transferring for wheelchair users. I believe the transfer car is the last car on the BTMR trains. As we know, because the track switches with every train, when you deboard BTMR you always end up at the opposite loading station than the one you boarded at. For wheelchair users, this means they MUST go around the ride twice in order to end up back at the station where they left their wheelchair. I thought this was really fascinating so figured I should share!

Still not crazy about the pink, but the adornments look pretty.

0B32E7A1-5D31-4EF3-B39A-8B70ED255584.jpeg
I was not crazy about the colour either (not that I've seen it with my own eyes) until they added the adornments! I think they look great and can't wait to see them myself. (But I'm also secretly hoping they paint it back the normal colour when the 50th is over☺️)

Thanks so much for posting your trips as always! I enjoy living vicariously through you even if I lurk in the background.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's been a long time since I've posted (I've been slowly "dipping my toe" back into the boards but have so far just been lurking) but I had to jump in because I think I have an answer to this! I have been planning (or rather, dreaming of, since who knows when Canadians will be able to go to the US again) a trip to Disney with a friend of mine who has low mobility and would require an ECV to get around and have been doing LOTS of research. I haven't had to do research for a Disney trip in so long so it's been a lot of fun and I've learned so much! Something I came across recently that I thought was super interesting was wheelchair transfers on BTMR specifically. Lots of rides, including BTMR, Slinky, EE, and SDMT, have specific cars on the trains that have sides that lower down to facilitate easier transferring for wheelchair users. I believe the transfer car is the last car on the BTMR trains. As we know, because the track switches with every train, when you deboard BTMR you always end up at the opposite loading station than the one you boarded at. For wheelchair users, this means they MUST go around the ride twice in order to end up back at the station where they left their wheelchair. I thought this was really fascinating so figured I should share!

I was not crazy about the colour either (not that I've seen it with my own eyes) until they added the adornments! I think they look great and can't wait to see them myself. (But I'm also secretly hoping they paint it back the normal colour when the 50th is over☺️)

Thanks so much for posting your trips as always! I enjoy living vicariously through you even if I lurk in the background.
You know Emily, I almost tagged you in the Canada picture post but I wasn’t sure you were still around these parts. Happy to hear you’ve been a lurker. :bookworm:

Thank you for sharing about special assistance riders on coasters. I know the accessible car is #13 (in the back) so the explanation makes perfect sense. (While a little disappointed at the time at not getting to ride in back, I was embellishing in my writing. :angelic:)

AKemily

You know Emily, I almost tagged you in the Canada picture post but I wasn’t sure you were still around these parts. Happy to hear you’ve been a lurker. :bookworm:

Thank you for sharing about special assistance riders on coasters. I know the accessible car is #13 (in the back) so the explanation makes perfect sense. (While a little disappointed at the time at not getting to ride in back, I was embellishing in my writing. :angelic:)
Just glad to know I haven't been completely forgotten! 🥰 I may have texted @krause to tell her she was famous when she got a @Tuvalu shoutout :joyfull:

I was excited to share my new knowledge - I certainly have a new appreciation for the challenges ECV users face at Disney World and hope to share more if my trip ever happens! Totally understand wanting the back seat - you were robbed! 😂

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I’ve waited 15 months for this....

View attachment 553624

....so of course I want to ride it 4 times!

View attachment 553627

And we get a front car. ❤️

View attachment 553625

We get to enjoy it a little longer because the ride stops here.
View attachment 553626

No evac, but I don’t want one. This is perfect just as it is.
I am sure it was worth the wait.
Tooling around TL on the TTA :inlove: Honestly one my favorite things to do.
Even getting stuck for a bit. Who cares!

slipperalwaysfits

I believe the transfer car is the last car on the BTMR trains. As we know, because the track switches with every train, when you deboard BTMR you always end up at the opposite loading station than the one you boarded at. For wheelchair users, this means they MUST go around the ride twice in order to end up back at the station where they left their wheelchair. I thought this was really fascinating so figured I should share!

Thanks so much for sharing. When we went with my father in law in 2018, he was not going around twice on BTMRR, even though he was doing a wheelchair transfer. It's cool to know now, he'd absolutely love the fact he'd get to go around twice. Unfortunately, he passed shortly after that trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom