Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s convenient to go from Haunted Mansion to Peter Pan since the line begins at Columbia Harbor House.

We don’t have to go upstairs or make a convoluted walk through the main level.

We go in one door straight to another door, where the CM asks us to wait.

F63D2C2B-514E-4E8D-98D1-5F96C60BBF45.jpeg

We are in the same spot as we were the other day when Kel skipped over several distance markers (unknowingly) and the lemmings following her did the same.

“Now don’t be a Kelly and screw up the line behind us,” Woody warns me. “Or it will become known all over the internet.....you pulled a Kelly!”

I want it known that I did not pull a Kelly. :angelic:

F602C3F5-79DE-4149-B6A4-C0EFFC958DE7.jpeg

B0CB3442-242C-44F1-891A-0AC55EA76FED.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

We are the only passengers. #ShirleyStatus.

This made me laugh.
How cute!! I bet the bus driver probably does encourage sing alongs!!

The best part? No barges are in our view.
#shirleystatus
Woody did intentionally wear this shirt.
LOVE the shirt!! And I love:
BANANAS!! I caption it.

“I never see any yellow bananas,” she replies.
Maybe the yellow bananas are all farmed out across property ready to be eaten?
The CM says she can help us in a minute. She’s dealing with with some “technical difficulties.”

She asks what we want. Pineapple for me, vanilla for Woody.

She fills the cups and hands them to us.

“It’s on the house,” she announces
HOW NICE! #disneymagic!
5 minute wait for BTMRR? Count us in!
envious!!
Turns out the issue is a family who gets to ride AGAIN. They don’t get out when the train pulls into the station. They get a second ride IN THE LAST SEAT!!

No fair
Wonder how/why? #extrashirleystatus!

He gives the chili cheese dog two thumbs up!
I LOVE lunch breaks at Cosmic Ray's!! Although I would never be able to finish that! Well done, @Woodywrkr

93boomer

Premium Member
It’s convenient to go from Haunted Mansion to Peter Pan since the line begins at Columbia Harbor House.

We don’t have to go upstairs or make a convoluted walk through the main level.

We go in one door straight to another door, where the CM asks us to wait.

View attachment 553407
We are in the same spot as we were the other day when Kel skipped over several distance markers (unknowingly) and the lemmings following her did the same.

“Now don’t be a Kelly and screw up the line behind us,” Woody warns me. “Or it will become known all over the internet.....you pulled a Kelly!”

I want it known that I did not pull a Kelly. :angelic:

View attachment 553408
View attachment 553409
We are soo proud of you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom