News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

I seem to remember some of those rides at WDW.

They weren’t busy.
not true. They were always busy, though not the crowd level of PPF. They were also removed prior to MK seeing the crowds it has today
There was a time when the Haunted Mansion never had a line longer than 10 minutes...
Crowd popularity as always subjective...A couple years it might be the most popular, then slip out of favor only to become popular again.

doctornick

I’m still waiting for Pinocchios Daring Journey to go where Philharmagic is.

Or is that so early 80s?
I think it’s stupid that they didn’t put Pinocchio into the circus area. Would have added a much needed ride to there and would have fit that theme. I know it wasn’t on the table but seems like a no brainer to me.

edit: I like Philharmagic though. I know DL lost their correspond show but I’d rather keep it around and add rides elsewhere- plenty of room in MK

UNCgolf

I seem to remember some of those rides at WDW.

They weren’t busy.

They would be if they existed in the park now. Just look at Peter Pan's Flight.

They likely wouldn't be quite as busy as it is (I think back in the 90s their wait times were a bit less), but they'd be churning through guests regularly and are exactly what the MK needs for more capacity.

yensidtlaw1969

Pooh should just go away... Put a new version of the classic Snow White dark ride there...where it would relate to the mine across the Esplanade. Pinocchio Dark Ride should be copied from Disneyland and move into the Peter Pan's Flight location. Circus tents should go away along with the kiddie splash zone and the entire area should become Neverland. A new expanded double tracked PPF, Pirate Ship where the splash pad is, add a Tinkerbell overlay to the rollercoaster there and a meet and greet pixie Hollow and I think it would be just about perfect.
I still wish an updated Snow White Dark Ride had been built underneath the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, with the attractions weaving through each other - the Dark Ride could focus more on Snow and the Queen, the Mine Train more on the Dwarfs, and they could share a show scene in the Mine where the different vehicles are visible to each other, adding another layer to each experience and giving children too short for the Mine Train a peek into the it from the Dark Ride. Sort of like how the People Mover offers a glimpse at Space Mountain. Then the rides could again go their separate ways and have their individual finales.

Seeing what they just did at Snow White in Disneyland makes me wish more than ever we could have had something like that tucked away under the Mine Train hillside, showing the other sides of the Snow White story.

mattpeto

I still wish an updated Snow White Dark Ride had been built underneath the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, with the attractions weaving through each other - the Dark Ride could focus more on Snow and the Queen, the Mine Train more on the Dwarfs, and they could share a show scene in the Mine where the different vehicles are visible to each other, adding another layer to each experience and giving children too short for the Mine Train a peek into the it from the Dark Ride. Sort of like how the People Mover offers a glimpse at Space Mountain. Then the rides could again go their separate ways and have their individual finales.

Seeing what they just did at Snow White in Disneyland makes me wish more than ever we could have had something like that tucked away under the Mine Train hillside, showing the other sides of the Snow White story.

That's a pretty awesome idea.

180º

Stooooooop I would *LOVE* that . . .

EDITED To Add: In case anyone reads this with any hint of sarcasm, I really, really mean it.
Pinocchio would be cool but how about a Legend of Sleepy Hollow dark ride accessed from the walkway between Sleepy Hollow Refreshments and the castle? Then it’s just a matter of figuring out some kind of shallow facility to squeeze into that space facing Fantasyland. Shooting gallery? 😜

yensidtlaw1969

Pinocchio would be cool but how about a Legend of Sleepy Hollow dark ride accessed from the walkway between Sleepy Hollow Refreshments and the castle? Then it’s just a matter of figuring out some kind of shallow facility to squeeze into that space facing Fantasyland. Shooting gallery? 😜
Honestly, if they did that I'd probably be willing to let them use the Fantasyland side of that building to expand the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. That's how much I'd be into that.

I still can't help but wonder what it would have been like if they'd built Sleepy Hollow, Mary Poppins, and Sleeping Beauty dark rides at WDW in place of Toad, Peter Pan, and Snow White like has long been rumored. A Sleepy Hollow dark ride built in Pan's location would have made for the perfect transition between Fantasyland and Liberty Square.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t understand why Disney doesn’t do more of that. There are guests who won’t/can’t ride seven dwarves because it’s a coaster. Let them see the inside of the mountain with the mine scene as well. The dark ride vehicles and the mine train both would add kinetic energy to each other as well. Like the steam train and steam boat passing by Big Thunder.

Hey, if you’re going to build something from scratch, why not multiple dark rides with a “storybook” style boat ride built in to them. So each dark ride has a scene that the storybook cruise travels through.

So many opportunities and we get Storytime with Belle and a the plastic mermaid ride. :-/

doctornick

I agree with this. They did a terrible job using all the footprint that 7DMT is on. They could have easily buried a small dark ride in the corner across from Belle’s village and really buffed up that pathway. Personally I feel like a Sleeping Beauty attraction would have been a good choice to add something distinct.

Regarding Snow White, they really should have kept SWSA as is stupid losing that for a M&G space. Wish they’d change it back...

yensidtlaw1969

I agree with this. They did a terrible job using all the footprint that 7DMT is on. They could have easily buried a small dark ride in the corner across from Belle’s village and really buffed up that pathway. Personally I feel like a Sleeping Beauty attraction would have been a good choice to add something distinct.

Regarding Snow White, they really should have kept SWSA as is stupid losing that for a M&G space. Wish they’d change it back...
If Snow White's Scary Adventures had been converted into a Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride and a new Snow White Dark Ride was built under the Mine Train, you wouldn't have heard an ounce of complaint out of me.

Somewhere in the deep, forgotten recesses of my brain I choose to remain optimistic that one day Princess Fairytale Hall will be turned back into some sort of dark ride . . . but I'm not holding my breath for it.

doctornick

Sleeping Beauty has always struck me as something that could make a good dark ride - even as a “princess” property, it could potentially have some great show scenes thanks to Maleficent with green fire, thorns and a dragon. And the good fairies can be used for comic relief. I’m surprised they haven’t done too much with the property in the parks.

yensidtlaw1969

Actually rather than Sleeping Beauty, WDW's Flagship park should actually have the first ever Cinderella dark ride...where Snow White used to be... It would just make sense and be a meaningful addition to the park... Get rid of Fairytale Hall Meet and Greet.
That would have been a nice gift for the 50th.

I've toyed with the idea on my own, going so far as to build a little model in Blacklight:

cinderella dark ride model mockup 3.JPG

But now we've veered back *very* off topic. Can't wait for TRON!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom