Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

littleroo

What is a polite way of telling someone to stay on their line and not 4inches behind you all the way into Buzz?? We have the look every mark. They were oblivious.🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😡
Step one. Shoot looks! Step 2. Politely tell them you require more space or say loudly that you don't feel well. It works! Step 3. Do a Den...say, " my wife asked you very nicely to stay back. I am not as nice!" Everything went smoothly after that!

I had a teenager with me who kept telling me to chill! It didn't help😁

93boomer

Premium Member
Step one. Shoot looks! Step 2. Politely tell them you require more space or say loudly that you don't feel well. It works! Step 3. Do a Den...say, " my wife asked you very nicely to stay back. I am not as nice!" Everything went smoothly after that!

I had a teenager with me who kept telling me to chill! It didn't help😁
We were sooo close at doing step 3!! 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A bus is waiting when we get to the bus stop.

It’s not going where we are going, but we can make it work.

We are the only passengers. #ShirleyStatus.

This made me laugh.

4BC94099-A712-4A39-A383-EAF53C56EBA7.jpeg

Not sure if that book belongs to the driver or was forgotten by a guest.

When I snap the pic the driver begins to sing, “The wheels on the bus go round and round....”

Love it!

A quick walk and we’re aboard the MPB 3.0.

F8C7ACA9-CEE0-438D-941F-47EBC744ECB3.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We didn’t get to check out Flower & Garden in World Showcase on Sunday, so that’s our mission now.

Woody comments how nice the fountains look with the Beauty and the Beast topiary behind it.

2D98E41D-EE27-47F4-83F5-48AFD1E40503.jpeg

(Too bad I didn’t frame the shot better! :facepalm:)

He likes the spice garden in Morocco.

0380A893-C548-4C17-B574-58B9712F69A3.jpeg

0896B961-A066-424C-B877-D5721821EDD6.jpeg

Even the trains are festive!

871C9068-4953-45FB-BCF9-613FFA86D478.jpeg

837DF04D-109A-4FD1-B15D-E8F1DB6CC844.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I posted WS flower pics earlier in this TR so scroll back if you want see them. 😉 Suffice it to say Woody is very pleased with the beautiful plantings and all the spring color!

The line for Frozen Ever After stretches through China, so we pass.

However there’s only a short line to enter Mexico. As we wait I am delighted to hear the soundtrack for El Rio del Tiempo from a nearby speaker. Memories!

996638A0-DE14-4F4E-8AED-24D1C81B8C09.jpeg

The a/c feels good as it was a toasty walk around the lagoon.

9E97EF5E-EF8B-45A7-8A94-CC1F41797443.jpeg

Pitiful.

C8D98DD8-3F3C-4854-9780-6EEEC41DC249.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
I posted WS flower pics earlier in this TR so scroll back if you want see them. 😉 Suffice it to say Woody is very pleased with the beautiful plantings and all the spring color!

The line for Frozen Ever After stretches through China, so we pass.

However there’s only a short line to enter Mexico. As we wait I am delighted to hear the soundtrack for El Rio del Tiempo from a nearby speaker. Memories!

View attachment 553196

The a/c feels good as it was a toasty walk around the lagoon.

View attachment 553197

Pitiful.

View attachment 553198
We haven’t been in to see it yet since the line has been long as the Frozen line. What happened to the cute animatronics?

93boomer

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had planned to stay until dark and see SSE’s new lighting.

But we are tired. Lounging in the sun all day wipes us out. It’s hard work. :hilarious:

Back at the Poly we go for a treat.

6B34D508-B949-4FDE-81E4-01604522DBAE.jpeg

The CM says she can help us in a minute. She’s dealing with with some “technical difficulties.”

She asks what we want. Pineapple for me, vanilla for Woody.

She fills the cups and hands them to us.

“It’s on the house,” she announces.

C3F14429-286D-48D2-A65A-C9CA73CFC677.jpeg

FREE Dole Whips??!!

What a great ending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom