Disney Wish

Stripes

@lostpro9het was just yanking your chain a little bit. (To be completely honest, I was only 90% sure he was joking. But I don't think you can ride up front in the Monorail anymore.) But to respond to your point without joking, NCL has already put go karts on the Encore. Here's a picture. And this is not a joke, I promise.

View attachment 546517
I’ve been been on the Bliss and did the go kart track. Fun but don’t expect to have a chance to do it more than once. Reservations fill up very quickly.

CJR

Meh. Certainly not worth the inevitable markup next summer. I can wait. New slide looks cool but I think the actual slide will be shorter than Aquaduck since they have a lift hill.

I honestly prefer the themes of dining on the existing ships.

I actually agree with this. Like the newer hotels, it's very "hit and miss". .

I like the new attraction concept personally, but they seem to be so focused on immersion that one could forget they're at sea. The whole point of a cruise is to be at sea, something the other ships embraced perfectly.

In the presentation, only the rooms and upper deck showed off the sea. Everything else was walled off rooms, for the most part, with controlled lighting. I might let the people with dollars to waste buy this while I enjoy the Dream or Fantasy.

Cons for me: no mention of virtual portholes for inside rooms, no Animator's Palate, pools look small for a ship that will have more passengers than previous ships, interior seems closed off and dark or covered in screens. I bet the new attraction will pull longer waits than the Aquaduck. [EDIT] One more con, no more red pillows that have been in nearly every stateroom.

Pros: new attraction, adult pool area with an infinity pool, 1923, two new shows.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

I like the new attraction concept personally, but they seem to be so focused on immersion that one could forget they're at sea. The whole point of a cruise is to be at sea, something the other ships embraced perfectly.

In the presentation, only the rooms and upper deck showed off the sea. Everything else was walled off rooms, for the most part, with controlled lighting. I might let the people with dollars to waste buy this while I enjoy the Dream or Fantasy.

Cons for me: no mention of virtual portholes for inside rooms, no Animator's Palate, pools look small for a ship that will have more passengers than previous ships, interior seems closed off and dark or covered in screens. I bet the new attraction will pull longer waits than the Aquaduck

Pros: new attraction, adult pool area with an infinity pool, 1923, two new shows.

It seems there is a lot more to come out. They didn't even get into the details about the new "Cabanas" or what other quick service dining will be available on deck. Teen club, sports deck, the other adult lounge areas, etc...

I couldn't tell if split bathrooms were still going to be a thing.

ToTBellHop

Cons for me: no mention of virtual portholes for inside rooms, no Animator's Palate, pools look small for a ship that will have more passengers than previous ships, interior seems closed off and dark or covered in screens. I bet the new attraction will pull longer waits than the Aquaduck

For me, it’s too much Chapek. All these IP environments that could just as easily be in a theme park. It’s clear that Chapek mandated heavy-handed use of his favorite IPs.

Slide into Oceaneer’s Club will be great fun for kids but scary for parents. “Um...where did my son go?”

lostpro9het

Original Poster
This ship looks incredible.

One question. Will new ships like the wish mean prices the prices on other ships like dream and fantasy drop in price?
C20E7CFE-38D3-41B7-9F3A-BA7B212F37BB.gif

Raineman

I've never cruised before, but what is it about cruises that people love so much? I could probably book 8 nights at the Poly and 7 day park tickets for the same $ as a week on a Disney cruise ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom