Fastpass returning June 1st???

mergatroid

that makes more sense...

but it’s likely impossible. Disney IT is terrible...and maxpass is more complex...don’t think they could get a system online this quickly
I'm sure they could do it, I don't for one second think the system was coded in a way that meant it couldn't be 'adapted'. They've already chopped and changed things slightly over time. It's probably more whether they want to do it than whether it's possible. If they thought it would improve things financially, I'm pretty sure they'd make it possible?

Just to clarify, I'm not psychic, a serious IT guy and neither do I work for Disney. However that is my best 'another schmuck on the internet' interpretation of what I think :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sure they could do it, I don't for one second think the system was coded in a way that meant it couldn't be 'adapted'. They've already chopped and changed things slightly over time. It's probably more whether they want to do it than whether it's possible. If they thought it would improve things financially, I'm pretty sure they'd make it possible?

Just to clarify, I'm not psychic, a serious IT guy and neither do I work for Disney. However that is my best 'another schmuck on the internet' interpretation of what I think :D
The Fastpass back system was butchered to create the park pass system. Obviously a new one could be created if they wanted to but there’s nothing left to just flip back on.

I would still be surprised if Fastpass as we knew it came back. I wouldn’t surprised if a limited amount of “free” passes were available to soften the blow and then a selection of paid pass options to be sold instead. At least one of these may be heavily limited.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

This would be news to me. I don’t think they have adequate staff yet. Perhaps they could announce 6/1 that it is coming back 9/1 with bookings starting 7/1 (or 7/3, I guess), however. I don’t think it will return as it was, though. So this is purely theoretical.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I sure freaking hope it doesn’t come back... I’ve been checking the wait times at the parks and they have been looking fantastic.

mergatroid

The Fastpass back system was butchered to create the park pass system. Obviously a new one could be created if they wanted to but there’s nothing left to just flip back on.

I would still be surprised if Fastpass as we knew it came back. I wouldn’t surprised if a limited amount of “free” passes were available to soften the blow and then a selection of paid pass options to be sold instead. At least one of these may be heavily limited.

I was more thinking using the current FP+ system online but to allow guests in the park to apply online for FP's like we used to do on the paper machines, on the day with hour windows like we used to. Would be great :cool:

lukacseven

I sure freaking hope it doesn’t come back... I’ve been checking the wait times at the parks and they have been looking fantastic.
I know. I had park tickets from a cancelled trip that are expiring. I couldn't go now because there are no or limited reservations, so I booked for late July. Hoping no version of fastpass is back by then, but looking less and less likely. I also wish they would go fastpass and/or standby for ROTR. That's something I'd actually wait 2+ hours for. The original fastpass with the paper ticket machines was still the best. I think they should bring that back in digital form - require you be physically present in the park on the morning of in order to get a pass. It's also Disney and I really do see this going the direction of a multi-tier additional fee service.

ToTBellHop

I was more thinking using the current FP+ system online but to allow guests in the park to apply online for FP's like we used to do on the paper machines, on the day with hour windows like we used to. Would be great :cool:
Any system would have built-in advantages for on-site guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know. I had park tickets from a cancelled trip that are expiring. I couldn't go now because there are no or limited reservations, so I booked for late July. Hoping no version of fastpass is back by then, but looking less and less likely. I also wish they would go fastpass and/or standby for ROTR. That's something I'd actually wait 2+ hours for. The original fastpass with the paper ticket machines was still the best. I think they should bring that back in digital form - require you be physically present in the park on the morning of in order to get a pass. It's also Disney and I really do see this going the direction of a multi-tier additional fee service.
You would...once

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure he or she doesn't mean building things. I'd guess he/she uses 'productive' to mean ride as many attractions with as little waiting as possible, which I can't disagree with.
I know what he or she meant, it's still a foreign concept to me.

People say things like "we got a lot done at Animal Kingdom today" instead of "we had a lot of fun at Animal Kingdom today." Some (most?) of my best days in a Disney park have looked a lot like hitting two or three FastPasses and then spending the rest of the day doing trails, shops, shows, and snacks.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So you go to be unproductive and do very little there???? I’m not sure I understand your logic of going with the desire to accomplish so little
There are a lot of us that go frequently, and don't feel the need to cram as much as we can into a single day at a park. We go for ambiance and maybe a few attractions if we feel like it. It's a much more relaxing trip, and we don't go there to be "productive". We go there to have fun and relax.

ETA: We also love FP+ as since we are older, we cannot run to attractions to grab a FP for later in the day, when we may decide to not even be in that park at that time. With FP+, we at least could get a few things in, if we felt like it. We didn't even use it on some days, and just played it all by ear. Yes, you can still do that and not have to plan every minute of your day in a Disney park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom