Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And fastpasses
Would love FP+ back
One of the reasons FP was shut down is that the fast pass queue and the standby were too close together. Not sure if a 3 foot distancing change helps with that in cases where the lines are literally next to each other separated by a chain, railing or short wall. Could be that they add some plexiglass and/or alternate lanes for those attractions. It’s possible it comes back this Summer.

I know there was a rumor that the return wasn’t coming due to using the same software for the park reservation system, but they rolled out the e tire park reservation system in a matter of months, no reason they couldn’t deal with any IT issues.

Jrb1979

One of the reasons FP was shut down is that the fast pass queue and the standby were too close together. Not sure if a 3 foot distancing change helps with that in cases where the lines are literally next to each other separated by a chain, railing or short wall. Could be that they add some plexiglass and/or alternate lanes for those attractions. It’s possible it comes back this Summer.

I know there was a rumor that the return wasn’t coming due to using the same software for the park reservation system, but they rolled out the e tire park reservation system in a matter of months, no reason they couldn’t deal with any IT issues.
Now they can bring it back as a paid system. If everyone has FP no one has FP.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Now they can bring it back as a paid system. If everyone has FP no one has FP.
That was true before Covid too. Not really a change. Assuming they relax distancing and ride capacity goes to 100% on all rides again they have the same FP capacity as before Covid. There is more than enough capacity for everyone to have 3 reservations a day. They could choose to only bring it back as a paid service similar to maxpass in CA.

Jrb1979

That was true before Covid too. Not really a change. Assuming they relax distancing and ride capacity goes to 100% on all rides again they have the same FP capacity as before Covid. There is more than enough capacity for everyone to have 3 reservations a day. They could choose to only bring it back as a paid service similar to maxpass in CA.
I have this feeling it no longer will be free at all. They will change it to the system Shanghai has were you pay for a set amount of attractions.

ABQ

the plexi in the queue inside the Mexico pavilion makes it entirely claustrophobic.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Disney=IT issues;)

Tom P.

I didn’t even have Netflix before Covid. I held out forever but the pandemic got me:(
I wish we could ditch Netflix. I can't remember the last time I watched it. And there's lots of absolute crap on there, some of which I even have serious objections to. Plus, they are priced too high, IMHO. But, there are shows on it that my kids like that can't be streamed anywhere else, and we cut the cord and are a streaming-only family, so I grin and bear it.

Disney Analyst

Bloomberg - Vaccine Hoarding May Backfire on Rich Nations as India Reels

The moves show a growing realization that the vaccine nationalism many wealthy nations have embraced has the potential to backfire, prolonging the global pandemic. While those countries have been cornering supplies of the first vaccines for their world-leading rollouts, places like India have run short, allowing the virus to run wild. Some scientists have linked the nation of 1.3 billion people’s second wave to a more virulent strain, with the out-of-control outbreak providing a petri dish for further mutations to evolve that could challenge the vaccines now being distributed from the U.K. to Israel.

“There is certainly potential for new variants to emerge in a country the size of India that could pose a threat elsewhere,” said Ramanan Laxminarayan, founder of the New Delhi and Washington-based Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy. “It is in the world’s interest to ensure that India exits the pandemic at the earliest, and vaccination is the only way.”

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Florida legislature doesn’t have jurisdiction over the cruise lines in this regard.
But wouldn't they be a "Florida Business"?

dcl.PNG

GoofGoof

Premium Member

View attachment 552818
Yes, it’s a slippery slope for Disney. The Governor’s office has already said publicly that the Executive Order covers cruise lines leaving from FL ports so I assume the same would apply to the legislature passing the same into law. Whether that holds up as legal or not will be decided in court. There’s nothing cut and dry about this and ships flying foreign flags really doesn’t help in this situation. The best hope for cruise lines is for the Governor to back down and exempt them.

Jrb1979

Yes, it’s a slippery slope for Disney. The Governor’s office has already said publicly that the Executive Order covers cruise lines leaving from FL ports so I assume the same would apply to the legislature passing the same into law. Whether that holds up as legal or not will be decided in court. There’s nothing cut and dry about this and ships flying foreign flags really doesn’t help in this situation. The best hope for cruise lines is for the Governor to back down and exempt them.
He would be smart to exempt them. Otherwise they will cruise out of other states or countries.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He would be smart to exempt them. Otherwise they will cruise out of other states or countries.
Some cruise lines already said they would shift to the Caribbean. I believe Texas is in the process of considering a similar covid passport ban so Galveston might be ruled out too. They could go to New Orleans or Baltimore but they are smaller ports. Bayonne NJ would probably work too.

Bob Harlem

This whole topic sounds like FUD, what's different about airlines flying internationally and having requirements to enter them and the same for cruise ships sailing to foreign ports? This is more about where the ships are going than where they originate from, I.E. passports in general.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This whole topic sounds like FUD, what's different about airlines flying internationally and having requirements to enter them and the same for cruise ships sailing to foreign ports? This is more about where the ships are going than where they originate from, I.E. passports in general.

I think some of the concern goes back to the outbreaks that happened on cruise ships back at the start of the pandemic.

havoc315

View attachment 552818
There is the doctrine of preemption. Cruise lines face federal regulation which takes priority over any state law.

But on top of that, they are governed by maritime law, international treaty, etc.

Think about it — if a cruise line wanted to cruise from Florida to Bermuda, and Bermuda required that ships could only dock if everyone had proof of vaccination, could the state of Florida effectively ban cruise ships from going to Bermuda or force the cruise ships to break Bermuda law.

Florida could try to enforce their policy on cruise ships. But it would go to Federal court where Florida would lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom