Which is the better ride ?

Twister Ride it Out

1617463817012.png

or

Race Through New York starring Jimmy Fallon

1617464088150.png

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
For me it has to be Race Through New York. The queue is absolutely fantastic and the ride is a lot of fun. My brother is a huge Fallon and Tonight Show fan so it was fun to see him excited to see the ride. Plus the building fits in perfectly with the New York land. Twister was ok. I did it once and it was kinda boring. For me it was a one and done thing. Plus there are no Twisters in New York 😂

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Twister for me.
I enjoyed the traditional attractions in Universal where you were the star.
Like Earthquake, Murder She Wrote, Alfred Hitchcock....

jeanericuser001

Twister no question. Twister had better everything. Even the merchandise was fairly decent. So far nothing yet has impressed me with Race through new york except how well designed the que is to distract people from how otherwise boring the attraction actually is. Honestly my hope is they come to their senses and retheme it to something else. A better IP would certainly make this far more likely to attract guests.

JoeCamel

Twister no question. Twister had better everything. Even the merchandise was fairly decent. So far nothing yet has impressed me with Race through new york except how well designed the que is to distract people from how otherwise boring the attraction actually is. Honestly my hope is they come to their senses and retheme it to something else. A better IP would certainly make this far more likely to attract guests.
For me it is just like his show. Built on decades of history but I really don't find the guy entertaining. Nice queue, will be easy to retheme when the time comes.

Tom Morrow

Voted for Twister because it was a unique experience and not just another wacky theater simulator. I liked the second pre-show room in the destroyed barn and the main show was fun. When the second pre-show finished and the tornado sirens came on, I always got chills. I grew up in tornado alley and did have a tornado rip through my town when I was young, so tornado sirens are a very familiar unsettling sound. The actual twister you saw in the main show was sort of lame but the intense wind hitting you was cool.

Honestly, they both suck (or sucked, in the case of Twister).
actually, it blew, not sucked

OG Runner

Almost all screens vs almost all practical effects?

Practical effects all the way.

I really appreciate practical effect more also. Unless the ride could not be done without the screens. I have ridden
Flight of Passage and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, both use the screens to great effect.

jeanericuser001

I will say this though Ghost-busters looked amazing. I wish Universal kept the show.
I just wish they had made better choices for the seating. Basically the show had you sitting while looking at an angle so far back that it actually gave neck strain. Typically the best seats were in the back row as you could at least see everything without tilting your head too far back. It always struck me as funny though that they used an image from killer klowns from outer space in that. Of all the ghosts and creatures they could use they picked an alien from outer space.

Tom Morrow

So this thread prompted me to ride Race Through New York for the first time since the first year it opened, more or less. I remember dunking on it pretty hard but it really isn't that bad. The queue without the live entertainment is certainly missing some appeal, however. I complained about the cartooniness of the race but this is really a ride for families that small children can ride too so it makes sense. There's a few things that do drag it down though:

- Jimmy's dialogue during the race is pretty "first draft".
- The character of "Sara" - absolute cringe and borderline transphobic?
- The audio in this ride is really bad, and sounds like low bitrate streaming. Moreso the queue stuff than the ride.

If it weren't for these things, and the fact that it's in a park that already has too many screen rides, I think it would be fine. It's true that it's nowhere near as bad as F&F.

Poseidon Quest

Definitely Twister, but RTNY is a pretty decent attraction I think. It really suffers from being in a park oversaturated with simulators and not quite meeting the standard that Twister set, but is enjoyable for what it is. Out of all the simulators in the park, it's the only one I'll actively seek out to ride once in a while.

Frankenstein79

What??? Twister is winning this one???

What the heck is wrong with you people? I've had pees last longer than Twister. Neither is much of a prize, but Jimmy Fallon's is better. Is it Bill Paxton???

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom