Those of you who bring breakfast from home to eat in the room...

Roakor

What do you bring?
Give me some fresh ideas.
In the past I've brought pop tarts, mini muffins, peanut butter crackers...
I was thinking about Kind bars for my next trip but open to other possibilities.
we usually get muffins, the big ones from SAMs. Have also brought fruit & danishes. Normally its just to hold us over till lunch. we like to eat an early lunch to avoid lunch rush so we typically eat lunch around 10:30 - 11am

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Quick question... has anyone packed bananas in their checked or carry on luggage?
At home I normally eat a banana as part of breakfast but never considered actually packing them and never buy them there as they seem a bit too ripe and not worth paying for when I can buy a bunch for like 89 cents lol.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Quick question... has anyone packed bananas in their checked or carry on luggage?
At home I normally eat a banana as part of breakfast but never considered actually packing them and never buy them there as they seem a bit too ripe and not worth paying for when I can buy a bunch for like 89 cents lol.
Yes! I've brought them in a "personal item" on the plane (a large tote bag). I selected bananas that were slightly underripe to discourage bruising, and packed them individually (rather than as a bunch - that way I could pack them Tetris-style to save space) in a plastic Gladware container to protect them from getting squished. I could have just as easily put the container in a carryon if I hadn't had the extra room in my tote.

I also brought a brown paper bag to put them in when I unpacked in the hotel room, so they'd ripen up more quickly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yes! I've brought them in a "personal item" on the plane (a large tote bag). I selected bananas that were slightly underripe to discourage bruising, and packed them individually (rather than as a bunch - that way I could pack them Tetris-style to save space) in a plastic Gladware container to protect them from getting squished. I could have just as easily put the container in a carryon if I hadn't had the extra room in my tote.

I also brought a brown paper bag to put them in when I unpacked in the hotel room, so they'd ripen up more quickly.

Thanks for the response.
I think I'll do this plus protein powder/instant coffee which is also what I have at home.

Upvote 0

Jasperkitty

Both my husband and I don't mind non-traditional breakfast choices so we'll tend to pack items that work both for breakfasts and late night snacks. As long as you have a mini-fridge, you've got options.

Things we've packed include: cup of soups/instant meals (doubles as a late night snack, instant oatmeal, bacon jerky (regular jerky works too) individual fruit cups, avocados to use as a spread, some sort of bread rolls or sourdough, premixed shelf stable tuna or chicken salad spread (or grab and go packs), vegetable dippers and hummus, cheese sticks, lunch meat, yogurt cups, cookies

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
A a case of Heineken and liter of good bourbon gets me through breakfast for the week.

Joking.

Actually you hit on everything we usually take for breakfast:
  • Granola bars
  • Peanut Butter Crackers
  • Mini muffins
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Pop Tarts
I love bananas and apples for breakfast myself, but fruit is gamble to begin with, I am not taking up valuable luggage space to transport it anywhere.

That's usually it for my list and the beer and bourbon of course....I joke... I joke.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

My wife usually makes sausage biscuits for me and ham biscuits for her. We package them for each day of the trip, so one bag will have one mornings breakfast. While my wife is in the shower, I will walk to where the microwave is (depends on where we are staying) and warm our breakfast. We bring an insulated lunch bag and dish towel and that way after wrapping the biscuits in the towel they stay warm on the walk back to the room. My wife also brings cereal and milk and individual bottles of OJ for her, as she gets tired of the biscuits every morning, I don't.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Bagels and cream cheese is a popular one with my family. It only works for me if we have a room with a toaster, but the rest of my family actually likes untoasted bagels. Nutrigrain bars are usually my husband's go to and Kind bars or fruit for me.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Are microwaves available for rent upon request?

I'm staying in a standard room not DVC so no microwave or toaster in the room. Just the mini fridge.

A lot of posters have mentioned items that require more than just the mini fridge which is why I ask.

I was hoping for suggestions more room temp friendly ready to eat.
I had a recent stay at the Yacht Club and they brought up a microwave for me when I asked.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom