News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

WOW. Read my post history please and stop assuming that I'm talking about masking outside - I'm talking about masking in general. I don't like the mandate here in MA, and I'm resentful towards the idiots that made it necessary.

Press release from the Columbus, Ohio Chief of Police - his mask was falling off his face every time he spoke - and he was in a room full of people. Clearly it doesn't fit properly, and that makes me suspect that he isn't masking when he should or he'd have one that fits. That's just ONE provable example.
I was only ever talking about outdoors with the removal of masks. Specifically talked about outdoor sports and parks/zoos on how to remove outdoors but use in line etc. Indoors I won't even argue about. So before we get all unnecessarily dramatic, read my posts to see my point.

I live in Columbus, and not sure which interview you are speaking of. The ones I have seen were him indoors away from others mask free due distance and such. Again I'm tired of judging people. I did my part and more than some helping with the trial and spending months finding vaccine appointments on a personal level for many others. There's only so much we can do. I am confident enough in my vaccination to not care as much about the anti-maskers. But I am slammed with volunteer work that is physically draining, so my energy is elsewhere. I do worry for those who cannot vaccinate yet for sure, but me with others? I'm done.

I want outdoor masks to go away asap though. They are a waste.

GaBoy

And the bolded is a BIG problem. There are large numbers of people out there still convinced it's a hoax, or who won't realize how important vaccination is until someone they know personally either dies or suffers severe consequences.

My bestie did everything right. She's been working from home since last march. She's had groceries only delivered. She hasn't gone anywhere. She CAN'T be vaccinated because she has an immune disorder that makes vaccination dangerous for her. Her husband owns a garage. The wife of one of his employees is loudly anti-mask, anti-distancing, and anti-vaccine...she got COVID. She gave it to her husband, who brought it to work and gave it to my bestie's husband, who brought it home, and now my bestie has it. So far, she's doing okay (THANK GOD), but we still don't know the long-term effects of COVID.

And my bestie is why I will NEVER stop yelling for people to mask up, distance and suck it up and get the vaccine. There are lots of people out there who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons - including children - and they need the rest of us to do what's right.
Altruistically (is that a word?) that should be a driver. Don't disagree... just think thats a small motivator in the whole scheme of things. When it boils down to it people are going to be motivated for personal reasons. Also people want it easy. I think vaccinations will slow and steadily trickle for months when they have a personal reason good enough to bother. Just my opinion from my experience with people in general. I do think at some point a company like Disney will have to say we're done, its your personal health or there won't be a park industry. Disney is open but they aren't open. No one would invest in a venture like a Disney Park (if this were 1953) if the present situation was their business model.

correcaminos

While just out on my bike or walking I'm not going to bother with a mask but will have it if I wind up in a congested area things like outdoor markets I'll wear mine because distancing isn't consistent and pulling it and down is a pita and I leave it on between stores if they're close but that's just me
For me it would depend on how crowded. If there are wide open paths like at Disney as a whole my 2 seconds walking by another has never bothered me (my zoo is this way too). If it were more crowded where people might bump me, then I'd mask up. It's not totally black or white for me. At my zoo they still require masks outdoors but hardly anyone was following. We were as they are rules but I see it laxing.

And the bolded is a BIG problem. There are large numbers of people out there still convinced it's a hoax, or who won't realize how important vaccination is until someone they know personally either dies or suffers severe consequences.

My bestie did everything right. She's been working from home since last march. She's had groceries only delivered. She hasn't gone anywhere. She CAN'T be vaccinated because she has an immune disorder that makes vaccination dangerous for her. Her husband owns a garage. The wife of one of his employees is loudly anti-mask, anti-distancing, and anti-vaccine...she got COVID. She gave it to her husband, who brought it to work and gave it to my bestie's husband, who brought it home, and now my bestie has it. So far, she's doing okay (THANK GOD), but we still don't know the long-term effects of COVID.

And my bestie is why I will NEVER stop yelling for people to mask up, distance and suck it up and get the vaccine. There are lots of people out there who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons - including children - and they need the rest of us to do what's right.
I do worry for people like that, I really do. At the same time I think those in those situations will never be fully portected unless the whole house stays home. I really want all protected yes, but there comes a point when families should be vaccinated and we hope for the best. I hope she recovers well. This whole thing does suck.

Chi84

Premium Member
Just my opinion from my experience with people in general. I do think at some point a company like Disney will have to say we're done, its your personal health or there won't be a park industry. Disney is open but they aren't open. No one would invest in a venture like a Disney Park (if this were 1953) if the present situation was their business model.
I agree. When there was no way for people to protect themselves from the virus, businesses were forced to adopt measures to protect their customers from each other. When the vaccines are widely available (which some would argue is right now), the burden of keeping people safe will gradually shift from the businesses to the individual customers. In my opinion, the only question is how gradual the process should be.

ImperfectPixie

For me it would depend on how crowded. If there are wide open paths like at Disney as a whole my 2 seconds walking by another has never bothered me (my zoo is this way too). If it were more crowded where people might bump me, then I'd mask up. It's not totally black or white for me. At my zoo they still require masks outdoors but hardly anyone was following. We were as they are rules but I see it laxing.

I do worry for people like that, I really do. At the same time I think those in those situations will never be fully portected unless the whole house stays home. I really want all protected yes, but there comes a point when families should be vaccinated and we hope for the best. I hope she recovers well. This whole thing does suck.
She got it two weeks ago...so it's still early, but so far she's doing well, aside from having a fever for most of that. I worry about long-term consequences for her though. I really think her getting infected was my breaking point. I'm done being nice to those who have continued to purposely make this whole thing harder than it has had to be.

GaBoy

She got it two weeks ago...so it's still early, but so far she's doing well, aside from having a fever for most of that. I worry about long-term consequences for her though. I really think her getting infected was my breaking point. I'm done being nice to those who have continued to purposely make this whole thing harder than it has had to be.
So there. You are personally motivated for personal reasons. I think that is the driver as much as we want to believe that "people should just do the right thing". Its human nature. I was just being honest that I was driven to vaccinate for personal reasons for what I felt was a personal threat. Now that I dont feel threatened its a chore to still protect myself or rather protect those that choose not to. I still try. But its going to fall off. I still feel compelled because I'm not sure everyone has had the opportunity but that is falling away quickly too as most can vaccinate.

ImperfectPixie

So there. You are personally motivated for personal reasons. I think that is the driver as much as we want to believe that "people should just do the right thing". Its human nature. I was just being honest that I was driven to vaccinate for personal reasons for what I felt was a personal threat. Now that I dont feel threatened its a chore to still protect myself or rather protect those that choose not to. I still try. But its going to fall off. I still feel compelled because I'm not sure everyone has had the opportunity but that is falling away quickly too as most can vaccinate.
I'm also a rule follower. And a proponent of doing what's best for the greater good. And SO against the spreading of misinformation (that is still happening faster than it can be snuffed out).

correcaminos

I understand. Two weeks and okay though is a good sign. The loved ones I lost went in much earlier than that and the 2 week latency was always discussed. My friends who are long haulers had more startling symptoms than those without. More shortness of breath and breathing problems. Or their heart rate or BP were off early. I am sorry her husband wasn't vaccinated earlier. At least here we've been open to all for a while and even my younger friends are now fully vaccinated. I do get what you mean about breaking points. I hit mine but the other direction. I've done my part and helped so many. Sometimes you just need a break.

Still yesterday I was shocked to see no masks on the sign for a door I went into. They meant really no masks for the camera upon entering (they ceramic coat cars and fire arms so the latter has them wanting face on camera like some jewelers do) but didn't care when I put it back on. Well ventilated at least.

I will keep wearing indoors unless in a private home where we all know who is safe. Outdoors is my "I'm done" part. Especially because it doesn't help with allergies lol

ImperfectPixie

I understand. Two weeks and okay though is a good sign. The loved ones I lost went in much earlier than that and the 2 week latency was always discussed. My friends who are long haulers had more startling symptoms than those without. More shortness of breath and breathing problems. Or their heart rate or BP were off early. I am sorry her husband wasn't vaccinated earlier. At least here we've been open to all for a while and even my younger friends are now fully vaccinated. I do get what you mean about breaking points. I hit mine but the other direction. I've done my part and helped so many. Sometimes you just need a break.

Still yesterday I was shocked to see no masks on the sign for a door I went into. They meant really no masks for the camera upon entering (they ceramic coat cars and fire arms so the latter has them wanting face on camera like some jewelers do) but didn't care when I put it back on. Well ventilated at least.

I will keep wearing indoors unless in a private home where we all know who is safe. Outdoors is my "I'm done" part. Especially because it doesn't help with allergies lol
Your last sentence makes perfect sense...as I said, I'm resentful of those who gave our governor no choice but to change the mandate to where masks are required outdoors in public regardless of distance.

I have sinus issues and am asthmatic...masks make me miserable...they exacerbate my sinuses, which can trigger my asthma.

correcaminos

Your last sentence makes perfect sense...as I said, I'm resentful of those who gave our governor no choice but to change the mandate to where masks are required outdoors in public regardless of distance.

I have sinus issues and am asthmatic...masks make me miserable...they exacerbate my sinuses, which can trigger my asthma.
I don't even have asthma but just seasonal allergies. I am legitimately mildly allergic to onions and flowers in a bulb family and those just drive me crazy with sinus issues. I was hoping a mask would help. It didn't. It did help some with the smell from some clear coating yesterday though. But when I am stuffy I cannot breathe quite right as it is. So it's making me breathe even weirder than usual. Not a fan but normally I'm okay with.

Our mask mandate here wasn't awful. Outdoors if space cannot be maintained. Annoyed the zoo went to masks all the time but with the number not doing, I cannot imagine it will be enforced for long. They have other things to worry about now too.

ImperfectPixie

I don't even have asthma but just seasonal allergies. I am legitimately mildly allergic to onions and flowers in a bulb family and those just drive me crazy with sinus issues. I was hoping a mask would help. It didn't. It did help some with the smell from some clear coating yesterday though. But when I am stuffy I cannot breathe quite right as it is. So it's making me breathe even weirder than usual. Not a fan but normally I'm okay with.

Our mask mandate here wasn't awful. Outdoors if space cannot be maintained. Annoyed the zoo went to masks all the time but with the number not doing, I cannot imagine it will be enforced for long. They have other things to worry about now too.
That's the way ours was originally...masks outdoors only if you can't keep distanced...which makes sense. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom