anyone have any REAL IDEA when Annual Passes will come back..

disneygeek90

I think the reason is because there is going to be a new normal, which involves favouring on site guests and severely downsizing the AP pool, along with a more comfortable “100% capacity”. There’s a sweet spot they’re trying to find with a little less guests that spend more.
I just don’t think the volume of consistent Florida residents is problematic. Maybe they get away from the out of state AP? To me that’s where they really lose money, not the Florida resident that drops by Epcot for dinner when they otherwise would not.

Touchdown

I just don’t think the volume of consistent Florida residents is problematic. Maybe they get away from the out of state AP? To me that’s where they really lose money, not the Florida resident that drops by Epcot for dinner when they otherwise would not.
It probably depends on the AP, but we know they covet resort guests above all else. Who’s more likely to be a resort guest? A FL AP or an out of state one?

Touchdown

Lots of Florida residents stay on site. Unless you live within an hour a lot don’t want to make that drive after a full day in the park.
Did I say no Florida residents stayed onsite? No, I said it was more likely that an out of state AP stayed onsite mainly I believe:

Out of State AP Resort Guests/Total Out of State APs>FL AP Resort Guests/Total FL APs

disneygeek90

Did I say no Florida residents stayed onsite? No, I said it was more likely that an out of state AP stayed onsite mainly I believe:

Out of State AP Resort Guests/Total Out of State APs>FL AP Resort Guests/Total FL APs
Sure, but I still don’t think that’s a group they need to try to limit access. It’s not California.

Jrb1979

Sure, but I still don’t think that’s a group they need to try to limit access. It’s not California.
They aren't trying to limit you. I have a feeling they will change it to a membership program. The higher the tier/price the more days a month you get. It's all about the money

MrMcDuck

We were able to renew without a problem, but they did force a change from Platinum Plus to Platinum despite Blizzard Beach now being open. (And, of course, the Oak Trail golf course was already open.) I wonder if they'll ever bring the Plus tier back.

Amidala

I’m thinking an altered AP program will return once the capacity limitations are either eliminated or drastically reduced. IK a lot of people have speculated WDW APs won’t return until Disneyland has unrolled their new AP plan, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the two programs barely resembled each other. The resorts & their member bases are so different, this may be the perfect time for them to fully diverge.

& once the parks are operating at capacity again and the reservation system is out, APs will be needed again to pad attendance during slow months. Shot in the dark here, but maybe after the holidays/moving into Jan. or Feb. of 2022?

CJR

They aren't trying to limit you. I have a feeling they will change it to a membership program. The higher the tier/price the more days a month you get. It's all about the money

If they keep the reservation system, they may have no need to limit AP's to x amount of days. Rather, they could let you have more or less reservations based on the pass type, coupled with blockout dates, based on your pass type.

That way, if they do have availability, they can possibly fill it.

Jrb1979

If they keep the reservation system, they may have no need to limit AP's to x amount of days. Rather, they could let you have more or less reservations based on the pass type, coupled with blockout dates, based on your pass type.

That's what I am thinking. They will limit how many reservations a month you will get. We all know they are going to charge more for it.

disneygeek90

All of it sounds too complicated. If they have capacity, they’ll want to fill it. I really, really don’t see why they would want to restrict APs when Universal down the street is welcoming with open arms. Remember, there is competition.

Jrb1979

All of it sounds too complicated. If they have capacity, they’ll want to fill it. I really, really don’t see why they would want to restrict APs when Universal down the street is welcoming with open arms. Remember, there is competition.
Yes they want to fill it but with either the highest level of AP holders or resort guests. The way to do that is make the lower tier APs have limited access to the parks.

disneygeek90

Yes they want to fill it but with either the highest level of AP holders or resort guests. The way to do that is make the lower tier APs have limited access to the parks.
I guess it remains to be seen. I have the highest tier pass at Universal. It will be hard to match express after 4, and prime parking. They should still want to compete with that.

CJR

It's exactly what Disney is doing right now, so I don't believe that it's overly complicated. Unless you believe that it's too complicated right now? I don't, personally.

Universal is irritating people every week when their parks hit capacity. Disney is looking looking at satisfaction between each ticket group. Universal is currently a "free for all" that could prohibit some people from being able to use their tickets if they show up too late, while others use their passes weekly at those people's expense. At Disney, if you reserve, you'll get in as long as you show up and pass the screening. IMHO, I prefer Disney's system. I'd like to know that if I bought a three day ticket, that I won't be denied entry due to capacity. You just have to plan ahead.

I think most AP's will have no issue getting reservations when capacity increases, unless you are wanting specific peak days. It's pretty easy to get a reservation right now for the most part, it'll only get easier. The point will be to control capacity and adjust staffing, not to limit capacity.

I would imagine that Disney will offer same day availability on most days while limiting people of all ticket types on key dates, NYE, Easter week and weekend, July 4th, possibly others. Coupled with blockout dates, AP members will need to plan ahead if they want to visit on key dates.

disneygeek90

It's exactly what Disney is doing right now, so I don't believe that it's overly complicated. Unless you believe that it's too complicated right now? I don't, personally.

Universal is irritating people every week when their parks hit capacity. Disney is looking looking at satisfaction between each ticket group. Universal is currently a "free for all" that could prohibit some people from being able to use their tickets if they show up too late, while others use their passes weekly at those people's expense. At Disney, if you reserve, you'll get in as long as you show up and pass the screening. IMHO, I prefer Disney's system. I'd like to know that if I bought a three day ticket, that I won't be denied entry due to capacity. You just have to plan ahead.

I think most AP's will have no issue getting reservations when capacity increases, unless you are wanting specific peak days. It's pretty easy to get a reservation right now for the most part, it'll only get easier. The point will be to control capacity and adjust staffing, not to limit capacity.

I would imagine that Disney will offer same day availability on most days while limiting people of all ticket types on key dates, NYE, Easter week and weekend, July 4th, possibly others. Coupled with blockout dates, AP members will need to plan ahead if they want to visit on key dates.
They limit how many days you can “hold” at a time. There’s technically no monthly limit on how many days you can visit. It’s not exactly easy right now unless you’re trying to go mid week or are booking several weeks in advance.
2AF35A71-A0A1-4E66-B974-31E85643C579.png

F6158F6C-AA06-43C9-8B76-EA0D445EF9BD.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom