Trip Report We are venturing outside our comfort zones and hoping the reward is worth it!! April 11 -23, 2021

Hello! I am, again, going to attempt to do a semi livish trip report and then fill in the details when I return. Like Rapunzel, when we made these plans, I definitely was taking a leap a faith! I, like all of us, have had a long year. We are DVC members and it was time to use the points. It is that simple. I can't tell you how thrilled I am now!

The cast remains the same! Den (my husband), Deighton(me), Hunter (16), Camden (9), and Brinley (5 and starts kindergarten in the fall). Some of us are a lot taller and some of us wider...

20190605_104920.jpg

We fly Southwest out of Pittsburgh early Sunday morning and land in Orlando around 10:15am.( I feel like I struck gold with 2 nonstop flights!) Then we head to the home where animals belong, a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge until April 19th. Then we move to Cabana Bay Beach Resort until the 23rd. Universal is a whole new world for us. Any advice for the entire length of stay is welcome!

I will be posting our plans soon! Thanks for reading! Another big thank you to those of you who posted, happy, positive thoughts and reports during these crazy times. It definitely kept time moving forward and hope alive. It keeps me smiling and tearing up to see your children growing up on this platform! Happy Thursday everyone!!

Loco_driver

I hope so, too! I think we would have had a lot of fun together! Just touched in Pittsburgh! Home again, home again...
Oh fun would’ve been had for sure. You and your husband clearly know how to have fun! I’ll make a greater effort to find you next time(although @Darstarr can attest that I did in fact try to stalk you at Epcot, stopping just short of being too creepy😂) Glad you made it back to Pittsburgh safely!

littleroo

Original Poster
Oh fun would’ve been had for sure. You and your husband clearly know how to have fun! I’ll make a greater effort to find you next time(although @Darstarr can attest that I did in fact try to stalk you at Epcot, stopping just short of being too creepy😂) Glad you made it back to Pittsburgh safely!
I was constantly looking for you two as well. I showed your pictures to the family. My 9 year old kept saying, "Is that them"?😅

littleroo

Original Poster
Well, we are home! Den is at Home Depot, I have been to the grocery store and Brin just lost her second tooth! I think she was afraid the tooth fairy wouldn't come in Disney. Her brothers enjoy taunting her way too much... My mother in law made a batch of meatballs so dinner and lunch for tomorrow is all ready! The animals are thrilled to have us back! Not much different from Amimal Kingdom😅

Hopefully we have water soon!! Thanks everyone for following! You are all amazing people!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, we are home! Den is at Home Depot, I have been to the grocery store and Brin just lost her second tooth! I think she was afraid the tooth fairy wouldn't come in Disney. Her brothers enjoy taunting her way too much... My mother in law made a batch of meatballs so dinner and lunch for tomorrow is all ready! The animals are thrilled to have us back! Not much different from Amimal Kingdom😅

Hopefully we have water soon!! Thanks everyone for following! You are all amazing people!!!

Thank you for sharing such a fun TR! (By the way, the only time I went to Universal, FL, was back sometime during the mid-late 1990s. Sounds like there's been a few updates since then?! :joyfull: )

Really enjoyed the entire TR. It's so nice to see happy faces in pictures, after such a challenging year for absolutely everyone. Things are finally looking up for us all ! :happy:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I really should have been more adamant
adam ant dance GIF

about having @Loco_driver scream your name in Mexico. I can’t scream that loud (old bowling injury🎳)

I loved “being there” with you and your family!!! I know how hard it can be to report live and I must say your spelling and grammar were both impeccable!
👍👍

Thanks for sharing your adventures and I'm glad you missed the presummer snow we had here!! 🤣
Where?

City Lights California GIF

littleroo

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing such a fun TR! (By the way, the only time I went to Universal, FL, was back sometime during the mid-late 1990s. Sounds like there's been a few updates since then?! :joyfull: )

Really enjoyed the entire TR. It's so nice to see happy faces in pictures, after such a challenging year for absolutely everyone. Things are finally looking up for us all ! :happy:
Thank you so much for following! Den and I were discussing last night how great and important this trip was for the kids. They slowly crept out of their shells and then bam, you could see all the confidence come back! One of my favorite moments of the trip was when Brin told us that she is old enough to order for herself. The first time, she did amazing.

Thank you for following!! You always make such a positive impact! It is so refreshing!

littleroo

Original Poster
@Darstarr we were so close!! It was the dang churros! Otherwise we would have been out! Thanks for the compliments and all of your trip reporting. It has certainly kept me entertained during these different times! I look forward to the next!

TheMouseFan

Thank you so much for all of your help, advice and input. We will definitely do Uni again. We will either stay on Disney property and Uber over and back or stay at the Portofino in a LARGER room. Moose do not belong in teacups!
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I really enjoyed following along! You may want to look into a deluxe room at Hard Rock too, it has two queen beds and a pullout sofa with lots of floor space and a dressing area. Still only has one bathroom, but there is a sink in with the shower and toilet and a separate vanity/sink area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom