News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

RSoxNo1

But not racist enough to shut down one of their biggest attraction that recently has had up to a 2 hour wait . Not selling merch is nothing more than Disney's way of throwing a few crumbs at the WOKE crowd to keep them appeased for now which honestly says more about the WOKe crowd than the company.
Disney has identified it as a problem they want to fix. They have not identified it as an urgent problem that necessitates reducing park capacity and reducing profits. It's just a problem they will fix when it's convenient for them.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
From what I've pieced together this is what's going on with Splash Mountain:

General:
  • Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog announced on June 24th.
  • Brer Characters retired from park meet/greets

Walt Disney World
  • Rumored to have been making efforts to have Tokyo pay for their retheme since both rides share mirrored yet identical flume layouts.
  • Rumored internal higher ups have been making efforts to delay indefinitely /cancel retheme.
  • November 2020, D’Amaro claimed retheme has been fast tracked. No evidence aside from the initial statement.
  • Unknown date of closure, if happening.

Disneyland Resort
  • Reopening with Disneyland.
  • Zip a Dee Doo Dah/ Music loops have been removed from music loops around the park.
  • “One More Time” merch is rumored to be released prior to retheme.

Tokyo
  • Has been opposed to retheme from start.
  • Refuses to pay for WDW’s retheme

Surferboy567

General:

Walt Disney World
  • Rumored to have been making efforts to have Tokyo pay for their retheme since both rides share mirrored yet identical flume layouts.
  • Rumored internal higher ups have been making efforts to delay indefinitely /cancel retheme.
  • November 2020, D’Amaro claimed retheme has been fast tracked. No evidence aside from the initial statement.

Disneyland Resort
  • Zip a Dee Doo Dah/ Music loops have been removed from music loops around the park.

Tokyo
This is somewhat accurate. Didn’t an insider come on fairly recently and said that WDW’s stance has changed?

I think they said they did, and it now has a budget.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
This is somewhat accurate. Didn’t an insider come on fairly recently and said that WDW’s stance has changed?

I think they said they did, and it now has a budget.
I haven't heard that, but I heard yesterday it's a 3% chance Orlando goes (Take with a grain of salt)
175810080_443306080101069_3256368742586700012_n.jpg

owlsandcoffee

Don’t want to post what the insider said here since it goes slightly off topic but I did find it. It was written by “The Visionary Soul”.

It’s definitely happening.

No offense to anyone but that same person also claimed the Muppets were going to take over the HoP, and that it would be announced months ago. Not saying they're lying, but that they aren't necessarily a reliable source.

UNCgolf

No offense to anyone but that same person also claimed the Muppets were going to take over the HoP, and that it would be announced months ago. Not saying they're lying, but that they aren't necessarily a reliable source.

He actually never said it was going to be announced -- he said he was personally speculating it might be because they were doing a Muppets push at the time, but he had no inside information about the announcement.

CaptainAmerica

General:

Walt Disney World

Disneyland Resort

Tokyo
Damn, Tokyo is based.

Parker in NYC

Damn, Tokyo is based.
0.2% of Japan is black. And foreign visitors bring that percentage up to 1.9%. I hate using numbers like that when people do the same to thwart moves of LGBTQ+ inclusion in the states. But until Disney makes Captain Hook trans (and who knows), I don't see any attractions having wholesale head to toe changes like Disney is doing with Splash Mountain.

UNCgolf

They said that sources told them and to expect an announcement within 2 days.

Again, that's not what he said. He was very specific that the actual announcement was his hunch and not anything that came from sources.

Regardless, even if it never happens, it doesn't necessarily mean the information was wrong. Every insider here has pointed out that Disney has often committed to a plan and then later changed their mind, which isn't surprising considering they even do it with things they've officially announced (Reflections, Main Street Theater, Mary Poppins, etc.)

doctornick

Again, that's not what he said. He was very specific that the actual announcement was his hunch and not anything that came from sources.

Regardless, even if it never happens, it doesn't necessarily mean the information was wrong. Every insider here has pointed out that Disney has often committed to a plan and then later changed their mind, which isn't surprising considering they even do it with things they've officially announced (Reflections, Main Street Theater, Mary Poppins, etc.)

Just to poke my head in a second, I don't particularly recall @The Visionary Soul making accurate predictions in the past. Can someone who recalls mention instances when it has happened?

I'm not denying any insider status or even the validity of this particular claim - which actually think is accurate - just that this particular poster doesn't seem like one of the core "reliable insiders" on here. I could be wrong.

owlsandcoffee

I specifically linked to it, you can read what he said. He references sources. Ah well. Not gonna harp on it.

Yes it's possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom