Disneyland Testing “Lifesize” Tinker Bell

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
But at Pixie Hollow, you're supposed to be the same size as Tinkerbell, it'd be a bit weird if they had it there.
Well, they'd have to redesign the area to accommodate. What's more magical? Seeing a Tink at her small size, believing you shrunk yourself, or for some kids who don't understand, that Tink grew in size?

Again, I've never done that M&G, but does Tink or the other CMs tell the guests they've shrunk?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
You've "shrunk" when you meet these characters?
According to Wikipedia:

"The attraction is designed to create the illusion of gradually shrinking to Pixie size as the scenic elements in the queue increase in scale as guests approach Tinker Bell's teapot house."

So yeah, they would have to redesign the area if they added in this new experience....and technically you wouldn't be entering Pixie Hollow anymore, so they would have to rename it too.

brb1006

Please sir, may I have some more? This is the kind of thing that I want from Disneyland!
The last time I seen Disney do something like this was when they play tested the Talking Mickey Mouse where Mickey had conversations with guests in real time.

They later decided to alternate between scripted and real time interactivity when it became popular with guests at Walt Disney World.

They later discontinued it around 2017, but they briefly had a play test for Mickey, Minnie, and Donald to all interact with guests at DCA at one point.

CaptinEO

I wonder what the reason was for not utilizing the interactive characters. Maybe to avoid Mickey having to react to political questions or rude comments?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I wonder what the reason was for not utilizing the interactive characters. Maybe to avoid Mickey having to react to political questions or rude comments?
Cost? Needing an extra CM, possibly one that qualifies as a performer doing the Mickey voice? Cost of maintenance on the expensive Mickey head electronics?

I feel as if Disney invested in more of these cool experiences it would bring more people in and possibly up their ROI. <shrug>

MarvelCharacterNerd

Maybe I'm misremembering because I've only been through there once, but isn't Pixie Hollow like Bug's Land where you theoretically shrink when entering the area because everything is bigger than you are?

This is cute, but I think (in normal times) getting to hug a character hello or getting an autograph and side by side photo is better than talking to one on a screen. Probably why Turtle Talk with Crush was a one and done for me, too. I like the human interactions (especially after over a year without!)

Sharon&Susan

If I had to guess a permanent location at Disneyland, maybe it could go in place of the Fantasyland Christmas shop with a virtual queue system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom