Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

pixie225

There’s a difference between eligibility and availability. In my part of Illinois, everyone is eligible but it’s very difficult to get an appointment because supply is still limited.
Same here in many parts of NY - especially Long Island where we live.

Chi84

Premium Member
But in public places where vaccinated and un-vaccinated people have to mix it would be a challenge to have two sets of mask rules. It would make enforcement difficult and it's made even harder by Desantis's executive order forbidding businesses from asking vaccination status.
It actually doesn't prohibit businesses from asking vaccination status. It does prohibit them from requiring documentation showing vaccination status to gain entry to the premises. The order specifically states that it "does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting COVID-19 screening protocols in accordance with state and federal law to protect public health . . ." Maybe people could voluntarily submit their vaccination status to get an exemption from mask rules.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It actually doesn't prohibit businesses from asking vaccination status. It does prohibit them from requiring documentation showing vaccination status to gain entry to the premises. The order specifically states that it "does not otherwise restrict businesses from instituting COVID-19 screening protocols in accordance with state and federal law to protect public health . . ." Maybe people could voluntarily submit their vaccination status to get an exemption from mask rules.

True, but it still makes it more difficult since there really can't be an official system for proving vaccination, and we already know the vaccination cards are very open to fraud. A system like this could work in some places, as long as the vaccinated people where given some sort of easily seen wrist band to prove they are allowed to remove their masks, but it would still make enforcement more difficult.

Might be worth while for a theme park to do, but I can't see most businesses wanting to bother with this.

Chi84

Premium Member
True, but it still makes it more difficult since there really can't be an official system for proving vaccination, and we already know the vaccination cards are very open to fraud. A system like this could work in some places, as long as the vaccinated people where given some sort of easily seen wrist band to prove they are allowed to remove their masks, but it would still make enforcement more difficult.

Might be worth while for a theme park to do, but I can't see most businesses wanting to bother with this.
I don’t think most people have much issue with wearing them for a few minutes in stores. Theme parks or other amusement venues may find it worthwhile to explore ways to exempt the vaccinated. When most people are vaccinated and the vaccine is available to all, it seems oppressive to make everyone wear masks.

bdearl41

I live in Louisiana and it seems that just about everyone can get it now if they want to. Is it not like that in other states?
It is this way in NC as well. I will stop mask wearing 7 weeks after the date it was open to all. This way if you want to be fully vaccinated your are.

bdearl41

But in public places where vaccinated and un-vaccinated people have to mix it would be a challenge to have two sets of mask rules. It would make enforcement difficult and it's made even harder by Desantis's executive order forbidding businesses from asking vaccination status.
Which is the real reason vaccinated folks are still asked to wear a mask. It’s not about spread, it’s about keeping people from lying about being vaccinated

Chi84

Premium Member

bdearl41

NickMaio

Oh there's no way they'll be around that long, even inside. I think they'll be gone by October outside, maybe sooner. Or are you just kidding?
No I was being serious - - - - - sure the US is doing great with vaccines. The rest of the world however.......not so much.
Too many people from around the globe to contend with.
Remember - - - once you are vaccinated you can get still get and transmit the virus...especially the new variants.

It is going to be a long road people - - we are in a GLOBAL pandemic. We are all effecting each other right now.
Sometime in 2023 we might get to be mask free.....that is a might.

Just my 2 cents:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom