News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

havoc315

So they announced the return in January... they are rehearsing now, for a mid-May return.

I think all this lead-time dampens hope of much more entertainment return before mid to late summer. Anything else returning for the start of the summer season (June 1), would really have been announced by now, or in rehearsals by now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So they announced the return in January... they are rehearsing now, for a mid-May return.

I think all this lead-time dampens hope of much more entertainment return before mid to late summer. Anything else returning for the start of the summer season (June 1), would really have been announced by now, or in rehearsals by now.
Well I think they are looking at FOLK as being a test of sorts. If it goes well, expect more. If it is a problem, well.

havoc315

Well I think they are looking at FOLK as being a test of sorts. If it goes well, expect more. If it is a problem, well.

That might be true. But if that's the test -- in mid May -- Then don't expect much more to return until September. ("test" for late May.. if successful, start to hire entertainment staff in June-July... auditions and rehearsals July-August... return of more entertainment in September..)

jrhwdw

That might be true. But if that's the test -- in mid May -- Then don't expect much more to return until September. ("test" for late May.. if successful, start to hire entertainment staff in June-July... auditions and rehearsals July-August... return of more entertainment in September..)
I give MRFF a pass now as it doesn't have a stage. Might pyro be easier/faster to return than Entertainment performers if FOLK goes well?

raymusiccity

I think we need to remember that the public are just not going to be OK with being shoulder to shoulder like they were before. Even when we have much more vaccination for both adults and kids, I think people are going to look at crowded spaces in a different way. It was COVID this time, but what about the next time? Like 9-11 did for security, I think COVID will change crowd behavior for a long time.
Probably a good reason to let anyone who's not averse to risk see the show. If you're vaccinated, go ahead and sit in the 'shoulder to shoulder' section. If you're apprehensive, go sit in the plexiglass section.

TTA94

I give MRFF a pass now as it doesn't have a stage. Might pyro be easier/faster to return than Entertainment performers if FOLK goes well?

I think there’s a big difference between having guests seated and socially distance in a theater than guests standing and moving around watching fireworks. Easier to control guests behavior in a theater.

havoc315

I'd "suspect" that fireworks type entertainment could return with less lead time. But I would suspect that a show like Fantasmic would need lead time pretty similar to FOTLK. Same with Beauty and the Beast... Indiana Jones Stunt show, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom