News People mover now reopened!

disneygeek90

Most distinctive to me was MMRR. It felt like it ”paused” every time I was in a 60-min line, sometimes more than once. Maybe they just wanted the new ride to sparkle.
I was also always stuck in the queue for MMRR cleaning over the summer. Haven't noticed it as much the past few months so I'm inclined to believe it's been backed off considerably.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Just thinking about the guy in front of me, taking off his mask to let out a huge sneeze, and my car having to cruise through that fog. :hungover:
Oh this reminds me of sad little tale about the PM.

About 6 years back or so we were in the World and I believe the TTA was down for the majority of our trip for a refurb or it was having issues something of that nature.

Needless to say, I was itching to ride it the whole trip.

We had an opportunity on our last day in the park just before leaving for the airport I noticed it was open and we jumped on!
The family four pack was all on board, ahhhh what a way to wrap up another great vacation! As the saying goes... I was happy as pig in..well you know...

Unfortunately that age old idiom ended up being a little too accurate. Sitting in the car in front of us were too individuals who hadn't bathed in what seemed..sorry smelled like months...that 'fog' (to use your word) enveloped us for the entire cruise around Tomorrowland. 🤢

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

Updates from sites that shall not be named, but a CM that has been part of the current training crew says that the PeopleMover has been running all day without any downtime, more CMs are steadily coming in for training, and the ride is on track for the May 1st opening date!

There’s also a mysterious black support that’s appeared underneath a part of the track.

1618724628518.jpeg

DoleWhipDrea

That's the entrance of TT right? Wonder if there was a structural problem there?

Also very glad to hear! Spirit fingers...

Yes and maybe? There's been speculation that it has something to do with wiring for the track. Interestingly, I remember this section of the track being a problem for the bumping of the cars, so perhaps this is where some of those new sensors were needing to be installed.

optjay

Updates from sites that shall not be named, but a CM that has been part of the current training crew says that the PeopleMover has been running all day without any downtime, more CMs are steadily coming in for training, and the ride is on track for the May 1st opening date!

There’s also a mysterious black support that’s appeared underneath a part of the track.

View attachment 549963

Looks to be a black cloth covered box, more than any kind of rigid "support" ?

trainplane3

Yep. I believe those are vintage 1971. The quad LED unit next to them was the test unit for all of the building. Ironically it seems that one of them is out.
Thought so. I didn't know that about the little quad unit. I always did like the blue paint on the supports in that area too. Too bad that wouldn't be the entire land.

MadTeacup

Looks to be a black cloth covered box, more than any kind of rigid "support" ?
I'm sure this user was quoting the site-that-shall-not-be-named. Their wealth of knowledge of construction methods and terminology as well just general awareness of things around them never fails to astound me. Seriously though, the crap they write as descriptions makes me so mad sometimes when I see how inaccurate and biased it is. For me, it's only about the pictures.

I'm guessing this is a temporary electrical chase or something of the sort.

RSoxNo1

View attachment 549963

That's the entrance of TT right? Wonder if there was a structural problem there?

Also very glad to hear! Spirit fingers...

Yes and maybe? There's been speculation that it has something to do with wiring for the track. Interestingly, I remember this section of the track being a problem for the bumping of the cars, so perhaps this is where some of those new sensors were needing to be installed.
I'd guess that's electrical not structural.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom