Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
Minnie Vans, Taxis, Mears, Uber, Lyft.

Many people park at Epcot or the Studios knowing they will be using available transport services to visit the other park.

For instance people park at Epcot, work their way over to DHS first because they know they will end their day back at Epcot. Simple.
A few might do that. And in reverse.

All those forms of transport (*) arrive at all 4 of the parks, In which case all parks are a transportation hub by the same definition. Which is fine, now that we know what the definition of a hub is.

(*) All except Minnie Vans though, they’re no longer running. They might come back, noone’s sure.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There is bus service from TTC to MK. I've heard it can be the fastest choice at times.

When is the last time you actually visited Walt Disney World?

NO, there is no bus service from the TTC to MK, unless both the ferries aren't running due to inclement weather AND the monorail is not running.

It would have to be a very unusual situation for buses to be running. Like a need to immediately evacuate the park due to some type of threat.

nickys

Premium Member
They don't check reservations? Maybe that's only a Contemporary thing.

Not for me. Maybe the Contemporary have stricter guidelines.

Pre Covid, both monorail and Epcot resorts could be strict about checking ADRs at busy times. Plus some security personnel are stricter than others.

Post Covid most resorts are checking for ADRs and some resorts have refused entry to people who only have mobile orders.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Epcot has a substantial bus terminal, in addition to the monorail and ground service for a fee. WS has a Skyway and boat service to DHS.

Every park has a "substantial bus terminal". DHS is big. And it has bathrooms.

jt04

When is the last time you actually visited Walt Disney World?

NO, there is no bus service from the TTC to MK, unless both the ferries aren't running due to inclement weather AND the monorail is not running.

It would have to be a very unusual situation for buses to be running. Like a need to immediately evacuate the park due to some type of threat.

Well I heard or read discussion recently that they used the bus from TTC regularly to get to mk. Perhaps they were going to one of the resorts and walking.

In either case, my original point remains. There are options other than the monorail.

LAKid53

Premium Member
To point #3...

Some people are under the impression WDW has to offer all of the transportation options free. History shows this is not true and can be adjusted as circumstances change. See Minnie Vans.

I don't think anyone expected a taxi or ride sharing service - and that's in essence what Minnie Vans are - to be free.

jt04

I don't think anyone expected a taxi or ride sharing service - and that's in essence what Minnie Vans are - to be free.

Yes. Not free. And an emphasis on 'added value' as WDW evolves. It is a trend that continues. I welcome more options.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well I heard or read discussion recently that they used the bus from TTC regularly to get to mk. Perhaps they were going to one of the resorts and walking.

In either case, my original point remains. There are options other than the monorail.

"Read or heard"..... Nope, doesn't happen except in very rare circumstances.

Depending on which resort one is staying at, there are several options - walking, Disney bus, driving, ferry, monorail, Minnie Van (currently unavailable).

nickys

Premium Member
I was quoted as saying I wasn't at any park after Epcot opened. Just asking the person when I said that because I honestly don't remember saying it. 🐘
It was way back, as in several years ago, and I believe you said something like “the last time I visited they were building the Epcot monorail line”.

However since the search function only goes back about 10 pages I’m unlikely to find it. So I will accept I could be mistaken.

jt04

"Read or heard"..... Nope, doesn't happen except in very rare circumstances.

Depending on which resort one is staying at, there are several options - walking, Disney bus, driving, ferry, monorail, Minnie Van (currently unavailable).

Pretty sure it was a vlog put I'm positive I heard it and recently. Monorail might have been down and they forgot to mention it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom