Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Californian Elitist

If I was in Hawaii or some tropical paradise, I'd definitely pay more for a room though Hawaii can be very reasonable for a beachfront stay if you go at the right times. You are spot on re: Disney, at least for me.
Coincidentally, I’m hoping to get to Hawaii next summer and the only hotels I’m currently considering are ones that have rates that are normally higher than what I’m used to paying for lodging. I agree with you, I’m willing to shell out more money for a nice hotel in Hawaii because...it’s Hawaii. In addition, I will be staying for probably five days and will be going back and forth to the hotel. It makes sense in my mind to then pay more.

milordsloth

TO GET YOUR RESERVATIONS AFTER BUYING TICKETS: Do NOT leave your confirmation page where your tickets are attached! Scroll down to the nice picture of the Dad and his kids looking at a computer screen where it says something like "Don't forget you need a reservation" and there is a button that says "Learn More." Press that button and it takes you directly to the reservation screen without getting in line again. (Thank you to whoever that person was who posted on twitter yesterday with those instructions.)
That's exactly what I did yesterday and I was put in a queue that took 10 hours....

Stevek

Coincidentally, I’m hoping to get to Hawaii next summer and the only hotels I’m currently considering are ones that have rates that are normally higher than what I’m used to paying for lodging. I agree with you, I’m willing to shell out more money for a nice hotel in Hawaii because...it’s Hawaii. In addition, I will be staying for probably five days and will be going back and forth to the hotel. It makes sense in my mind to then pay more.
The other thing to consider is AirBnB in Hawaii. Tons of them, many very close to or on the water and cheaper than you might find at many hotels. We were supposed to go to Hawaii in summer 2020, had pretty much picked out an AirBNB but that obviously fell through. Hawaii is our family vacation for next year.

milordsloth

When I click on "View my Theme Park Reservations" from the CONFIRMATION EMAIL, it sends me to the queue again. Apparently, I have 45 minutes left in line. 🤣

Same thing happens when I click the link from the confirmation email. I'll just assume the reservations will show up once they are done "pulsing" guests through the system

DrAlice

The other thing to consider is AirBnB in Hawaii. Tons of them, many very close to or on the water and cheaper than you might find at many hotels. We were supposed to go to Hawaii in summer 2020, had pretty much picked out an AirBNB but that obviously fell through. Hawaii is our family vacation for next year.
We did something in between: we stayed at a local-owned condo in a complex that was managed by Outrigger. Decent prices with the bonus of having hotel amentities. You know, like being able to switch rooms after the finding that the first one was host to a large community of cockroaches! They were literally falling out of kitchen cupboards! 🤮.

Californian Elitist

I’m very much pro Airbnb (my Rome apartment was an Airbnb). I used Airbnb for my entire month trip and didn’t stay in a hotel once.

I hope your Hawaii trip is successful! Which island(s) are you visiting?

Californian Elitist

We did something in between: we stayed at a local-owned condo in a complex that was managed by Outrigger. Decent prices with the bonus of having hotel amentities. You know, like being able to switch rooms after the finding that the first one was host to a large community of cockroaches! They were literally falling out of kitchen cupboards! 🤮.
I would have asked for a refund and found another place to stay. That’s horrid.

Disneyland68

Aloha,

For families with pre-teens, I most strongly recommend Aulani. It's the finest family resort my family and I have ever enjoyed. The best in Hawaii. Better than anything at DLR or WDW. Take the best of Disney and Hawaii and you have Aulani.

Stevek

Aloha,

For families with pre-teens, I most strongly recommend Aulani. It's the finest family resort my family and I have ever enjoyed. The best in Hawaii. Better than anything at DLR or WDW. Take the best of Disney and Hawaii and you have Aulani.
Yep, it's beautiful. We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian village which was great for families as well and did a lunch visit to Aulani. I won't likely visit Oahu again, prefer the other 3, slightly slower paced islands.

DavidDL

I sort of understand the mad rush everyone went through but I think people underestimated how much reservation space the parks have.

Yesterday, my wife had a serious FOMO attack after seeing everyone and their mother scoring tickets and ended up waiting 8 hours in line before giving up and feeling dejected like the demand was too great and we somehow weren't gonna get in during the date we wanted.

I told her to relax, step away from it and remember that we've been without the parks for over a year now, we can wait a bit longer. Sure enough, she tried again this morning and waited no time at all and got exactly what we wanted: father's day weekend park hoppers so we can check out the new Avengers area and pay my dad a visit (who lives near Anaheim) that weekend.

Happy to see that, on the whole, things are starting to move along and be available for folks who want it bad enough. There's plenty of park dates and space to go around. -and hopefully, as things get better in SoCal, more and more options will be there for folks.

mickEblu

Had 4 tickets in my cart this morning, just checking it out. Saw the price and had serious sticker shock. I can definitely wait.

I hear that. I mean I just paid something like $850+ for 3x 2 day park hoppers. That used to be a Signature AP with parking included not too long ago. Right now most people are willing to pay because of the pent up demand due to the last year we had. This isn’t sustainable though. They will have to bring back some sort of discount or AP program.

DavidDL

My vote goes for the "Buy a day, 2 free" SoCal tickets that used to come around towards the beginning of every year. With those, my wife and I would be able to visit a park 3 times towards the beginning of the year as we pleased, ignored the summer season and then returned one last time (paying full price) for the Halloween or Christmas season (whichever we were feeling that year).

That ended up being 4 trips to the park in a year for the price of two and we felt was worth it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I hear that. I mean I just paid something like $850+ for 3x 2 day park hoppers. That used to be a Signature AP with parking included not too long ago. Right now most people are willing to pay because of the pent up demand due to the last year we had. This isn’t sustainable though. They will have to bring back some sort of discount or AP program.
People that had APs and went all the time will pay due to pent-up demand, yeah, and they won't do it forever.

Again, this is going on the assumption that only locals care to go to Disneyland. With no APs you now will see more vacationers go. It will shift from the paradigm of certain people going all the time to a wider spread of people going some of the time.

When #disneyland was trending on Twitter yesterday, there were a lot of out-of-state people jealous and angry that only Californians could go. Some were even trying to tell people that are out-of-state that they couldn't get tickets (and even hoping that those who do get in trouble) not understanding that buying tickets doesn't require California residency since tickets are good for over a year and a half, but that it's reservations and phisically going to the park that is limited to Californians.

waltography

I told her to relax, step away from it and remember that we've been without the parks for over a year now, we can wait a bit longer. Sure enough, she tried again this morning and waited no time at all and got exactly what we wanted: father's day weekend park hoppers so we can check out the new Avengers area and pay my dad a visit (who lives near Anaheim) that weekend.
Absolutely; I just hopped into the queue again just to see what the wait was like, and as of typing it's now 34 minutes. Some of the high-demand dates sold out already for some parks, but still tons of availability left in the weekdays.

Frame 27.png

lumberguy5

Plotted out the queue completions over the course of yesterday. The longest wait was 12 hours, the line finally burned down after a 10pm small pause and the late time got a bunch of people to quit. By 2am the line was 45 minutes or less for a new join.
1618597109077.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom