News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

dreday3

I will be honest not really loving this look. It's too hard for a place like Fantasy Land. I know preschoolers who would be a little freaked by this look. The glasses and mask don't help. I am sure he is a great guy but presentation is a big part of how others view us.

Pre-schoolers would be freaked out by that grey-scale tattoo that you can probably barely see in real time?
Seriously?

TrainsOfDisney

Today, in the wild....(pic from another site)

View attachment 549351
This CM is supposed to be representing Main Street Operations at the worlds leading theme park.

They aren’t wearing a tie / bow tie.
They are wearing shorts.
They are wearing large sunglasses.
They have multiple visible tattoos.
They have multiple decorative rings that aren’t simple bands.

None of this used to be permitted, and shows how far the standards have fallen.

Last edited:

tpac24

Cast Members are human beings, not robots who shut down and go into storage after the park closes. If you don't invest in your cast, Cast will have little incentive to care. Making cast feel empowered and welcomed and included will have a positive impact on their service skills and their pride in working for a great company.
So as a teacher I should be able to sport my best Cardi B look so I feel empowered and welcomed? Who gives a crap about appropriateness as long as I feel empowered and welcomed.

stevebwv

This CM is supposed to be representing Main Street Operations at the worlds leading theme park.

They aren’t wearing a bow tie.
They are wearing shorts.
They are wearing large sunglasses.
They have multiple visible tattoos.
They have multiple decorative rings that aren’t simple bands.

None of this used to be permitted, and shows how far the standards have fallen.
Six Flags here we come! Anyone want to buy DVC??

Disney Analyst

So as a teacher I should be able to sport my best Cardi B look so I feel empowered and welcomed? Who gives a crap about appropriateness as long as I feel empowered and welcomed.

I mean. If your school district says that’s allowed and you feel best that way... go for it?

But I sincerely doubt a school district would allow for a teacher to dress in such a way.

tpac24

Let's not draw false equivalencies. You as well as I know the Disney Look updates are not that extreme of an example.
I don't pay thousands of dollars for people to express themselves at work . Disney use to own the market on theming and now it is becoming Universal on steroids. The two pictures in this post show if you give them an inch they will take a mile. The once very well put together Disney cast member now have become sloppy looking and unkept and some of these new rules don't help that. My comparison was not false just because it calls your comments to the carpet but nice try. People go to Disney to often escape their reality and the employees should reflect their level of service Disney claims to offer not the Walmart cashier smoking outside on their break even if they are smoking on their break.

Last edited:

SMRT-1Michael

I don't pay thousands of dollars for people to express themselves at work . Disney use to own the market on theming and now it is becoming Universal on steroids. The two pictures in this post show if you give them an inch they will take a mile. The once very well put together Disney cast member now has become sloppy looking and unkept and some of these new rules don't help that. My comparison was not false just because it calls your comments to the carpet but nice try.
LOL alright. And frontline CM's aren't paid $9.50-$12.50 an hour in a global health crisis to care about anything you just said.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom