trams from the parking lots

buckeyegator

Original Poster
any idea when, if ever they will return?went to MK today, it was a good 15 minute walk from my car to the tandt center.why cant they board every other car, or install plexiglass dividers like the ones on the monorail we rode in today?plus do not tell me about manpower, on our walk in we saw several groups of 3 or 4 castmembers standing together doing nothing.

celluloid

It was all about budget cuts and workforce. I imagine with the Disney look changes those positions will be hired back eventually...and the price of parking will likely increase around the same time.

G00fyDad

any idea when, if ever they will return?went to MK today, it was a good 15 minute walk from my car to the tandt center.why cant they board every other car, or install plexiglass dividers like the ones on the monorail we rode in today?plus do not tell me about manpower, on our walk in we saw several groups of 3 or 4 castmembers standing together doing nothing.

I get that the 15 min walk was a pain but you're going to be walking all day long in a theme park. :oops:

Lilofan

A 15 min walk in April is nothing. Try doing that after spending all day in MK in August.

Michaelson

True that, but that was 15 minutes one way of walking in the parking lot vs spending that same 15 minutes that could have been spent walking a park. ;)

We average between 11 and 14 miles a day ourselves, and every step taken was appreciated in the PARKS, and NOT not going to and from the truck on the parking lot.

Regards! Michaelson

G00fyDad

A 15 min walk in April is nothing. Try doing that after spending all day in MK in August.
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

TotallyBiased

If I've been walking for 8-10 hours in those conditions already, 15 min more probably wouldn't kill me TBH.

(Now watch... I'm going to keel over dead on the way to my car after work, which is 20 seconds away.)

Raxel7851

That’s one of the benefits of staying on Disney Property. No walking to the parking lot, then fighting traffic getting back to an offsite hotel. You kinda know going in that there will be a lot of walking. You don’t realize how much unless you use a fitness tracker. Then when you check it out at the end of the day, you’re like WHAT!!

celluloid

IMO that's not what it was about at all. It was and still is about social distancing. Hard to do on a tram.

Opinions are fine.
Load every other row.
Most rollercoasters on property have loaded every row since December.

A majority of parking workforce was also CP.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

To be fair, no one who is saying it is no big deal would want to walk from the monorail station to their cars either after a long day. Even walking from the ferry to the tram is a bit of a hike, especially if you have tired kids at the end of the day. Everyone's legs are burning.

I didn't know WDW didn't have the trams right now. Yeah, that's a long walk, and it was always fun to ride that thing to the transportation centre.

I am assuming that the announcement with more staff coming back will mean the trams come back as well?

arltonb

To be fair, no one who is saying it is no big deal would want to walk from the monorail station to their cars either after a long day. Even walking from the ferry to the tram is a bit of a hike, especially if you have tired kids at the end of the day. Everyone's legs are burning.

I didn't know WDW didn't have the trams right now. Yeah, that's a long walk, and it was always fun to ride that thing to the transportation centre.

I am assuming that the announcement with more staff coming back will mean the trams come back as well?
They haven’t lowered the price of parking to coincide with the no trams to and from the trans and ticketing center

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom