Pop Century Skyliner

Lkendlekatie

when we went last feb (just before covid), we stayed at pop and had to rope drop DHS with an uber to try for a ROTR boarding group. We were flat-out told there was no way we would be there by rope drop with skyliner and they were correct. When we arrived at DHS by uber, it was still dark, the skyliner had still not even started running and we were still an hour behind the people in front of us. Not sure if it is still that way or not tho.
We are going again in October (hopefully) and are hoping the busses or skyliner are running early enough to rope drop but I would hate to get stuck waiting.
Yes this is what worried me. Cause loads of people say to get to the park an hour before it’s suppose to open. ( but how can you rope drop- if the transport only starts an hour before it opens)

dmw

In the Parks
No
Yes this is what worried me. Cause loads of people say to get to the park an hour before it’s suppose to open. ( but how can you rope drop- if the transport only starts an hour before it opens)
Here's a good thread with info on the wait times for the skyliner at Pop https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pop-century-transportation-wait-times.970529/
I think there have been one or two other threads on using the skyliner for rope drop, but I did not have time to do a more thorough search.

buckeyegator

it takes about 5 minutes to go from pop/aoa to carribean transfer station, once on board again about 5 minute to hs, about 8-10 to epcot, i believe once covid allows full usage of each vehicle the wait times to start and transfer will drop by about half, just my opinion.

ne4now

yeah, for us (last feb), the skyliner had a line at the resort before the sun came up and it still wasnt running so we had to UBER.
Hoping that isnt the case in October when we go. Curoius to see how things go with the new "early theme park entry for resort guests" when that starts up. Really hope the transportation starts early enough for it and THAT THEY ENFORCE "RESORT GUESTS ONLY"

JohnD

It's not as worrisome as you may think. Just get to the Skyliner station more than an hour ahead so that you're near the front of the queue at Pop/Animation.

buckeyegator

like i said earlier, once they start fully loading instead of 2 or 3 people at a time, it holds at least 8, the wait times will drop. the busses are tricky, if you just miss one, it might take 15 minutes for another one to arrive, and as of yet, like the skyliner they are not fully loading.

Schweino

when we went last feb (just before covid), we stayed at pop and had to rope drop DHS with an uber to try for a ROTR boarding group. We were flat-out told there was no way we would be there by rope drop with skyliner and they were correct. When we arrived at DHS by uber, it was still dark, the skyliner had still not even started running and we were still an hour behind the people in front of us. Not sure if it is still that way or not tho.
We are going again in October (hopefully) and are hoping the busses or skyliner are running early enough to rope drop but I would hate to get stuck waiting.
October is the 50th - pretty sure it won't be much better :)

ne4now

how long does it take to wait for a uber, plus how much did you pay, was the cost worth getting there early, plus now you can try for RoR at 7am from anywhere
$11 for the ride and they were waiting at the pickup before we walked there from the room.
Being able to try for a boarding group for ROR without being in the park at opening will hopefully help now too!
We would much rather take a nice skyliner ride to ropedrop than have to take an uber.

dmw

In the Parks
No
it should! but can you see them turning people away? also, its only a 30 minute early access.
We are definitely not counting on it being available in October anyways.
The only two places where you can board the skyliner are INSIDE resorts (Pop and CBR). Off-site guests would not be able to get past the resort security gates without a magic band. I really don't see this as being a possible problem.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I may have missed a reply, but you do know that the boarding group process has changed, right? Rope drop for ROTR is no longer needed. There are now two windows to get boarding groups: 7am and 1pm. For the 7am opening, you do NOT have to be tapped into the park. You only need a valid ticket and park reservation. You can do that from home, your resort, anywhere.

ne4now

The only two places where you can board the skyliner are INSIDE resorts (Pop and CBR). Off-site guests would not be able to get past the resort security gates without a magic band. I really don't see this as being a possible problem.
yeah, I was referring to them turning non-resort guests away that try to enter the parks early when they start the early park entry for resort guests.

dmw

In the Parks
No
yeah, I was referring to them turning non-resort guests away that try to enter the parks early when they start the early park entry for resort guests.
Disney has had done this for many years with the EMM and other early morning perks for resort guests.

ne4now

I may have missed a reply, but you do know that the boarding group process has changed, right? Rope drop for ROTR is no longer needed. There are now two windows to get boarding groups: 7am and 1pm. For the 7am opening, you do NOT have to be tapped into the park. You only need a valid ticket and park reservation. You can do that from home, your resort, anywhere.
yes, aware of the new process and hope that it helps with actually being able to use the skyliner to rope-drop because when we were there last, the skyliner didnt even start moving until well after a huge crowd had already arrived at DHS.

DisDadWoz

yes, aware of the new process and hope that it helps with actually being able to use the skyliner to rope-drop because when we were there last, the skyliner didnt even start moving until well after a huge crowd had already arrived at DHS.
Correct. Last week while I took my morning run down to DHS from Boardwalk the line was quite long prior to the Skyliner even moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom