APD returns to the Resort Area

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Sitting in Front of Huckleberry's at AGW.

Two of Anaheim's finest are here on foot patrol.

No delivery drivers parking on Katella.

A clean empty bus stop.

And not just at AGW, but the entire resort area. And the city has held some shelter beds for the project, forcing the homeless to accept the offer, move on or be arrested.

Desert Palms has Now hiring banners posted.

The former Tilly's is now port-a-potty land.

The Coco's is still closed, but ais advertising DtD parking for $15. But if the main lot is closed, well, saving gas might be worth the extra $5.

Decent crowds at AGW and construction is happening on the upper level in a couple of places.

Folks, the Resort Area is open for locals and tourists! No ID checks off DLR property.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
i-G7HCBDh-XL.jpg

i-pMSPsZ3-XL.jpg

CaptinEO

Quick Google search says permanently closed. I noticed yesterday that it was boarded up. Not sure when that had happened though.
:0 say it aint so. A good friend of mine and I spent an entire hour cracking up reading reviews of it on a trip home once. We wanted to prank a friend by bringing him there and saying "how great" it was.

When we got to the many reviews that mentioned food poisoning, we decided against it.

SuddenStorm

Quick Google search says permanently closed. I noticed yesterday that it was boarded up. Not sure when that had happened though.

The end of an era. Getting tricked by the Kidd's has been a rite of passage for unsuspecting tourists for years.

I imagine many a day at the park has been lost/shortened from the food poisoning. And many a family wishing they had just spent the money to eat inside the park.

I, for one, will miss this Anaheim landmark. I hope the Kidd's is preserved in some form... perhaps a commemorative tile in the sidewalk, or a pirate on the Pirates of the Caribbean? Perhaps the auctioneer was Captain Kidd this whole time...

CaptinEO

The end of an era. Getting tricked by the Kidd's has been a rite of passage for unsuspecting tourists for years.

I imagine many a day at the park has been lost/shortened from the food poisoning. And many a family wishing they had just spent the money to eat inside the park.

I, for one, will miss this Anaheim landmark. I hope the Kidd's is preserved in some form... perhaps a commemorative tile in the sidewalk, or a pirate on the Pirates of the Caribbean? Perhaps the auctioneer was Captain Kidd this whole time...
They can easily do this by replacing all the "Captain Jack Sparrow" dialogue with "Captain Kidd".

"I can't wait to see the look on Captain Kidd when he sees this map!"

TP2000

Folks, the Resort Area is open for locals and tourists! No ID checks off DLR property.

Good to see the Resort District trying to come back to life! And that some businesses aren't requiring Valid Government ID to purchase goods or services from them. ;)

My eyes burns from the terrible and questionable decor for this troubling but potential mall. 🤨🤨🤨

Isn't it hysterical?!? This is what the Third Place bidder on a mall can do for you. 🤣

On a more serious note, this isn't good news for GardenWalk as a major anchor of the Resort District. It's clearly obvious the owner and operator of this mall is an organization with questionable taste and a very limited budget. That's not a recipe for success to attract solid tenants and reasonable investment from reputable firms. It's a retail recipe that only gets you no-name BBQ joints and sketchy vape shops.

I have to wonder if the JWMarriott developers would have invested the money and built that hotel if they had known 5 years ago that GardenWalk would change hands again and end up owned by a firm that thinks pink flamingos and neon llamas are a solid design decision.

It will also be interesting to see how long the top tier restaurants on the Katella side, the only part of GardenWalk that has been successful for the past 13 years, will stick it out through this ownership phase. When your landlord is putting pink flamingos in the fountains, do you think he hires a quality plumber or electrician when maintenance needs to get done on your facility?

House of Blues is sitting there vacant still. Sacramento only allows indoor venues like that to operate at 10% capacity, with a long list of other rules that ban dining, congregating, etc.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Good to see the Resort District trying to come back to life! And that some businesses aren't requiring Valid Government ID to purchase goods or services from them. ;)

Isn't it hysterical?!? This is what the Third Place bidder on a mall can do for you. 🤣

On a more serious note, this isn't good news for GardenWalk as a major anchor of the Resort District. It's clearly obvious the owner and operator of this mall is an organization with questionable taste and a very limited budget. That's not a recipe for success to attract solid tenants and reasonable investment from reputable firms. It's a retail recipe that only gets you no-name BBQ joints and sketchy vape shops.

I have to wonder if the JWMarriott developers would have invested the money and built that hotel if they had known 5 years ago that GardenWalk would change hands again and end up owned by a firm that thinks pink flamingos and neon llamas are a solid design decision.

It will also be interesting to see how long the top tier restaurants on the Katella side, the only part of GardenWalk that has been successful for the past 13 years, will stick it out through this ownership phase. When your landlord is putting pink flamingos in the fountains, do you think he hires a quality plumber or electrician when maintenance needs to get done on your facility?
Angel Stadium didn’t ask for my ID and Universal Studios wasn’t asking fo ID according to Attractions 360.

TP2000

Angel Stadium didn’t ask for my ID and Universal Studios wasn’t asking fo ID according to Attractions 360.

That's good to hear! That's how it should be.

Also nice to know these big corporate players are ignoring the mandates now coming out of Sacramento.

Stick a fork in Sacramento, it's long past done! :cool:

Professional Sports: Red Tier – Substantial – Tier 2:
Venues can open for performances or events with live audiences (see note below on permissible outdoor venues) and must follow the modifications in this guidance, including:
o In-state spectators only.

Amusement Parks/Theme Parks: • Across all Tiers:
o In-state visitors only.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Also nice to know these big corporate players are ignoring the mandates now coming out of Sacramento.

If it's documented that Disneyland doesn't verify ID at the gate, I'll be making an effort to go as soon as possible.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

Professional Sports: Red Tier – Substantial – Tier 2:
Venues can open for performances or events with live audiences (see note below on permissible outdoor venues) and must follow the modifications in this guidance, including:
o In-state spectators only.

Amusement Parks/Theme Parks: • Across all Tiers:
o In-state visitors only.

I am sure there was a box they had to check when they bought tickets :hilarious:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

This whole thing is silly. Im going to my first Ducks game in over a year and we can’t eat nor drink inside Honda Center. Doesn’t matter if you are vaccinated. I ate and drank watching Raya last week at AMC. Doesn’t make any sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom