News Kali River Rapids closing for 3 month refurbishment in early 2021

ToTBellHop

I understand why the original concept was abandoned, but how about some animatronic tigers? Not plastic like JC, but realistic-looking? Just add a little menace. Building a Stuntronic that jumps over the boat is surely too much to ask. We would be more likely to get a Stuntronic Tom Holland-definitely-not-as-Peter-Parker in DAK.

UNCgolf

I understand why the original concept was abandoned, but how about some animatronic tigers? Not plastic like JC, but realistic-looking? Just add a little menace. Building a Stuntronic that jumps over the boat is surely too much to ask. We would be more likely to get a Stuntronic Tom Holland-definitely-not-as-Peter-Parker in DAK.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least briefly considered at some point in the process before deciding it would be pointless with the ability to go view actual tigers elsewhere in the park.

Regardless, I agree that the ride could use something to actually look at. In my memory there were more effects when the ride first opened (especially regarding the deforestation) but I don't know if that's actually true.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least briefly considered at some point in the process before deciding it would be pointless with the ability to go view actual tigers elsewhere in the park.

Regardless, I agree that the ride could use something to actually look at. In my memory there were more effects when the ride first opened (especially regarding the deforestation) but I don't know if that's actually true.
You are correct.

RSoxNo1

I love the idea of adding a Jungle Book overlay to Kali...It would certainly ad a bit more fun and story to an otherwise Huge Wait/Short not too exciting ride. If the big turn with the previous truck and mudslide fire effects area was a Southeast Asian temple with a King Louie Animatronic singing... Add in other animatronics along the route and a fresh musical score...It Could Be the Animal Kingdom's most memorable ride....
I'd rather see them remove Kali entirely, expand that area into the large plot North of Asia and get a couple of rides out of it. Perhaps even an indoor Jungle Book attraction.

cookiee_munster

when I visit DAK, I alway walk the queue but skip the ride.
That is insane, but totally understandable. I watched a POV of the ride a few weeks ago and was utterly surprised at just how short this ride is! I do have to say one thing though, when my family and I did ride it in 2001 my mom got that soaked she had to buy new clothes at the park. So it's obviously been toned down quite a bit regarding how wet you get.

Chip Chipperson

That is insane, but totally understandable. I watched a POV of the ride a few weeks ago and was utterly surprised at just how short this ride is! I do have to say one thing though, when my family and I did ride it in 2001 my mom got that soaked she had to buy new clothes at the park. So it's obviously been toned down quite a bit regarding how wet you get.

I don't know how wet riders got when it opened, but now only about 2 seats actually get soaked. If you're lucky (or unlucky, depending on your point of view) enough to have the raft rotate you into the right spot then you'll get drenched and might even cool off for a few minutes on a hot day. Everyone else will walk off looking like the wind blew someone's lawn sprinklers at them for a second and likely won't feel the slightest bit cooler than when they got on line. The last time I rode it, we had to use the rider switch option on a really hot day so I got to ride twice. I got drenched the first time and barely got touched by water the second time. I can certainly understand why people might be disappointed if they assumed they'd get wet on a rapids ride and walked away just needing to wipe some mist off their sunglasses - especially in such a hot park.

Bocabear

I would rather not get soaked and have to walk around all day in wet shoes and clothes...That is miserable... If everyone got a nice uniform spray without soaking would be nice. I remember a rapids ride at Kings Dominion that would end up in a building with two sheets of water...one on each side of the flume that would literally completely drench everyone on the raft... All the fun of the ride was kind of ruined at that moment...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom