Lightsaber?

Disneyson

Not a 'real' lightsaber (Disney isn't into weapons tech) -- presumably (according to a patent) it's two swirling pieces of plastic that unspring, sorta like a corkscrew from a slightly larger-than-average hilt to make the fuzzy glo-toy "fssh!" look, kinda like the way the glo-carts have those spinny toys that make the lights look like a fuzzy circle? I could be totally wrong, haven't seen a video. But FAR more realistic than the ones they've done so far.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I think the word "real" needs some reality behind it.
Its not a real laser sword weapon.
It IS probably the closest a toy replica is going to come to looking like a what a lightsaber would look like if it were real.
I doubt that. Other companies have been making these years ahead of Disney and have perfected it. and they give real custom options not Disney's pick and chose to build a saber that someone else can exactly build by choosing the same parts. They had made high quality replicas that look screen used that are more accurate and detailed than any of Disney's. According to some reports the hilt is waay bigger than normal to allow the plastic tube to arise and retract. some fans will not like that . i bet once some fans see it the professional online stores will make even better version of what disney has created.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I doubt that. Other companies have been making these years ahead of Disney and have perfected it. and they give real custom options not Disney's pick and chose to build a saber that someone else can exactly build by choosing the same parts. They had made high quality replicas that look screen used that are more accurate and detailed than any of Disney's. According to some reports the hilt is waay bigger than normal to allow the plastic tube to arise and retract. some fans will not like that . i bet once some fans see it the professional online stores will make even better version of what disney has created.
A better plastic stick?

GimpYancIent

You are correct about other companies producing more durable and quality Light Sabers that are actually meant to be used full contact in sparring. Of note though is the fact a person gets what they pay for. The quality Light Sabers designed to survive combative impacts come with a hefty price tag high enough to put Disney to shame. It comes down to what does the person want to do with the Light Saber.

91JLovesDisney

Based on the patent design what I am imagining is some sort of tape measure–like structure that is bendable, but can be stiff. Then either light is projected onto the strip or possibly the strip could light up? Just a theory

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

A better plastic stick?
Yes there are better plastic sticks that are designed for combat with other sabers in mind on top of being a collectable piece. You battle with what you build in Iger's Sweat Shop- er I mean Savi's Workshop it , it is going to break like the cheap piece of crap it is.

lostpro9het

Those that are getting excited about the “light saber” D’Amaro pulled out are the same people that got excited about this “Hoverboard”:
CE609744-CB31-4C11-BC5D-6BD0CE62D32B.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom