Creations Shop opening this summer

trainplane3

"Creations Shop features a bold, sleek design that creates a perfect showcase for the rich variety of items you’ll find as part of your EPCOT experience. It will be an open, bright, welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in and make you feel like you’re in touch with nature even while indoors. We are using color, materials and light in new ways with some unique EPCOT touches that connect back to this park’s storied past while looking to the future." - Intagramineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley

Maybe it's just me, but every time he puts out a public statement I taste bile...
It's like they looked at Joe's in-depth creative posts on social media and said "we need that but more controlled". So now we get this crap marketing hype that's shoved into some kind of supposed insightful post.

The stories suck.
The PR spin sucks.
Zach sucks.
You aren't Joe. He wanted to do creative things and ran.
Zach stayed and became Bobs literal puppet.

Luckily the park up the road is doing interesting things in a realistic timeline.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
It's like they looked at Joe's in-depth creative posts on social media and said "we need that but more controlled". So now we get this crap marketing hype that's shoved into some kind of supposed insightful post.

The stories suck.
The PR spin sucks.
Zach sucks.
You aren't Joe. He wanted to do creative things and ran.
Zach stayed and became Bobs literal puppet.

Luckily the park up the road is doing interesting things in a realistic timeline.
Honestly, at the end of the day it's a friggin gift shop. The amount of ego stroking and self promotion of something so meaningless in the scope of things seems to be the new normal at WDI. The competition is doing things leaps and bounds beyond what WDI has on its plate, yet WDI is taking a victory lap over a gift shop. What's next, extolling the wonders of the latest transformative and magical bathroom renovation on Instagram?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Mouse Gears...(jk....jk..) holds some nostalgia for me, loved JII props, etc., pulled a funny prank on my son (that I still feel bad about) when he was
messing around with one of 'shut off valves' on the faux pipes near the dressing rooms.

With that being said, what I am seeing here is just some concept art, I going to ride the high I am feeling from hearing CC is coming back and not really going to lament the passing of MG.

Here's hoping that reality will be better than the concept art.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Repeat after me, one and all, "There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear, There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear, There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear"
Sorry... MoueGears.

I guess the reason I always thought of it as "MouseGears" because it's a pun of "Mouse Ears."

But knowing that isn't the case, it makes "Mouse Gear" just plain inexplicable as a theme.

I understand that they things you wear are your "gear" (which really excludes clothes, but more a reference to items, like a backpack or a holster), so, when you're selling mostly clothes, why use 'gear'? And why translate that literally into the gears of machinery?

Kinda glad "Mouse Gear" as a concept is dead.

[Not saying the new name is better.]

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

It looks a bit bland, though at least the emphasis on natural light is returning. I seem to have the opposite reaction of you all - I never cared for MouseGear, in fact it was one of the first IP-inserts to Epcot, and I always felt it was out of place. I'll take "bland, but fits" over that.

I agree, MouseGear was one of the major components of the "visual cluttering" that plagued the CommuniCore/Innoventions Plaza area.

My fingers are crossed (and I'm optimistic) that the outside signage for Creations Shop and the new Club Cool will also be sleek, unified, and aesthetically fitting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom