Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I check us in for our lunch ADR.

View attachment 546502

We aren’t paged until 15 minutes after our ADR time (and we had arrived 10 minutes early.)

Well this table in front of the door was certainly worth the extra wait. 🙄

View attachment 546508

View attachment 546505

Perhaps the party of 16 took all the good tables.

View attachment 546503
(Stunned they are able to be seated all together).

All is not lost, however. Our shakes are extra thick as we request....
View attachment 546504

And our entrees are hot, fresh and delicious.

View attachment 546506

View attachment 546507

We leave much happier than when we entered.
You know, I've never set foot in here. Eating that shake and cheeseburger combo in the Magic Kingdom...may just change my mind.

slipperalwaysfits

It can be really sweet, too. When we went to Akershus, there was a family there with a preteen girl...probably around 10 or 11. They were so surprised when the princesses showed up. They hadn't known it was a character meal, and the girl was just so excited by it. It was really sweet to see how happy it made her.
Yes, I've seen a couple of these moments, where people don't know that you can meet characters (Pre-Covid) and/or dine with them.
My hubby told me NOTHING for our first trip in 2013, so I was absolutely in awe that I could meet and dine with characters, the FastPass system, Extra Magic Hours...those first trips are special. :geek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I don’t want to waste an opportunity for more pool time so we head out.

After a purchase at the shop that sells the Pandora charms (didn’t buy any @wdisney9000 😉) and Dooney & Bourke bags (didn’t buy one of those either), we exit the park.

We wait awhile for the boat.

AAF048AD-6725-4E1B-9B6B-EAA01A0A2658.jpeg

Nothing says class like hanging wet towels over the balcony of Disney’s flagship resort.

4E08607E-C71E-4114-BB01-314E4A0801CF.jpeg

(Please don’t do this at any Florida resort. With this state’s high level of humidity wet towels will never fully dry!)

I sincerely hope roof cleaning is included in the Poly refurb. My beloved Tuvalu longhouse is looking pretty gross. :hungover:

F7B27DC6-D78C-4A45-823E-7825F338FA5C.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

There’s a line (of course!). As we wait we witness the triple P capture an engagement. The proposee is completely surprised
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW, I LOVE witnessing Proposals at WDW!! They are so special and magical!! :geek: :geek: :geek: Cheers to the happy couple!
A multi-generational family, carrying a couple dozen Mickey balloons, begins to freely hand a balloon to whomever wants one.

Proof that there is still much good in our world.
AAAAAAaawwwwwwww, how fun! This is a good idea for my next trip!
This is one of seven. I will spare you the rest.

Thankfully he righted his camera for one picture.
SEVEN??????!!!!!!! SEVEN CROOKED SHOTS?????? WAS HIS NAME CALLAN?
After a purchase at the shop that sells the Pandora charms (didn’t buy any @wdisney9000 😉) and Dooney & Bourke bags (didn’t buy one of those either), we exit the park.
I spend WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much money at this shop, exclusively on the Pandora charms! :geek::geek::banghead::banghead:

DisneyGigi

We are on the hunt for a triple P so we can have some mask-free castle pics.

There’s a line (of course!). As we wait we witness the triple P capture an engagement. The proposee is completely surprised. 👨‍❤️‍👨

We don’t mind the extra time triple P takes with the happy couple. But this particular CM is now doing extended photo shoots with each group ahead of us in line.

Sigh.

But then we are witnesses to something else amazing.

A multi-generational family, carrying a couple dozen Mickey balloons, begins to freely hand a balloon to whomever wants one.

Proof that there is still much good in our world. ❤️

View attachment 546482

And the cherry on top is another up-close-and-personal viewing of the Springtime Friends cavalcade. View attachment 546483
Pooh and Tigger followed the trolley.

PPP finally finishes with the family ahead of us. We are next and are prepared for creative poses.

At that moment a new triple P arrives. He nods at PPP#1, who then leaves!

PPP#2 has the speed but his creativity exists only in turning his camera to make crooked shots.

View attachment 546486
This is one of seven. I will spare you the rest.

Thankfully he righted his camera for one picture.

View attachment 546487

Yet doesn’t know how to avoid shadows.

View attachment 546485

We do receive a magic shot.

View attachment 546484
Love the balloon story! So awesome. Love the mask free photos even more! Even if you got a Calen. (Sp) Nobody sees anything but a smiling beautiful mom and daughter, happy to be home.
I missed smiles at Disney. ❤️

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We elude a drenching.

We need a less-stressful attraction now.

Cause even if the line is long, the payoff is worth it.

@tonystark knows where it’s at.

View attachment 546421

This line is moving along but slows at this point.

View attachment 546422

The Disney expert behind us (whose family of 4 is also clueless about personal space and proper mask wearing) points at BTMRR and loudly announces (in a thick Southern drawl):

“There’s Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I just checked and it’s a 75 minute wait. We will go there next.”

But wait, there’s more!

Pointing at the water she adds, “This is the river the Jungle Cruise is on! And it goes by the Treehouse. “

I cannot make this stuff up.

Thankfully the line regains motion and we don’t stop again until here.

View attachment 546423

“Em, pose with scared hands with me.”

She assures me she will.

View attachment 546424

She lies.

Oh the Disney experts! They are fun to listen to sometimes, like on this last trip I learned that the first 3-4 minutes of Tower of Terror we ride through scenes in the hotel in a Jeep. Then after the Jeep we get into the elevator to make the drop. And the Tower used to have 6 or 8 elevator shafts but Disney must of have gotten rid of them.

MickeyCB

We venture into the Boutiki gift store and I see it.

THE LAMP!

IT’S FOR SALE!

IT’S....

17D789FE-4232-40C0-96C7-A45EBBF37D48.jpeg

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!!!!!

Tiki lamp remains in Boutiki.
Ok, let's break this down. Do a cost comparison analysis.
That's approximately 2 pairs of Ray Bans.
That's one really nice Dooney & Bourke.
Both Mother's Day and Father's Day are coming up. You can share!
And PS, isn't there an AP discount right now? And you don't have to pay to ship it!😈

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We’re showered and ready.

I feel like we’ve passed this way before....

FDC6262D-103A-4716-A0A9-E6DED8A7BB21.jpeg

Different transportation choice.

D4F5816C-9263-4B01-A0C3-D4705E823966.jpeg

C6332749-893D-42DC-BDB6-DFEE58B66914.jpeg

Lucky 13 is our dot!

79C61497-4DBC-4E8D-B15F-DF7168B3F596.jpeg

We haven’t ridden the express monorail in years. We are impressed with the zone groupings (the resort monorail is a bit different inside.)

68AB024F-52A5-45D8-A704-909F38E21EB6.jpeg

Em being silly.

C5F8125D-3067-4A19-BA24-89AD16F91105.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Main Street isn’t very crowded at 6 pm.

07CDA7FF-B55A-4E45-8AD9-BDEEA80E6F8C.jpeg

Look @DisneyGigi ~ a dam Disney duck! :hilarious:

8779B943-F053-46EF-9D87-AD416E0582F5.jpeg

We have time for one attraction before dinner.

A third visit to the Mansion? Yes, please.

575168EB-6FE7-4DDE-8ED2-CCB59C2B115E.jpeg

Playful spooks steal our ride photo. Not kidding. A pic of an empty doombuggy shows up in MDE.

We hang out on a bench(!) while waiting for our ADR notification. Em wonders how much longer the flags of the 13 colonies will fly here.

BF36D95E-A7EA-461E-9F69-8A857DF20D39.jpeg

We talk about dinner.

“I’m sure we’ll be seated at a table in the middle of the walkway,” Em says. “We always are.”

“We may get seated in the Diamond Horseshoe,” I say.

My phone buzzes. It is time.

4CC11DAF-9419-424A-A6B5-B9D551C17BB7.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our server swoops by carrying an armful of dirty dishes.

She drops the paper QR code menu on the table. “What can I get you drink?”

“You can put those dishes away first,” I offer.

“Nah. What would you like?”

I say I’d like a Coke. Em orders an Angry Orchard.

Then words are spoken to Em that she never hears....

“Can I see your ID?”

Em is giddy when her hard cider is delivered.

297E8F7B-459F-4F1E-A3F5-D0161D290CD9.jpeg

Then our feast begins to arrive.

Salad for 4.

86B7C78B-6915-4C9F-A97E-6698D32E829F.jpeg

7 (!) rolls.

5F584D5A-7845-4D44-897B-5FF63F17825D.jpeg

We each have a plate of salad. It’s crunchy fresh with a light dressing. Em tries a roll. It isn’t very good.

Several minutes later a food runner arrives loaded with our meat and veggie platters. There is NO ROOM on our tiny table to put the platters and the runner seems put out when I request the salad and rolls be removed first. (I think there was even an eye roll.)

So much comfort food!

16922313-BBB3-45B2-BE7D-F58817A1A25F.jpeg

We barely make a dent but everything is delicious. We save room for the reason why we came.

036798B4-971F-4656-9A85-C2A51396E75C.jpeg

To all you Ooey Gooey haters ~

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom