Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

I always wonder whats with the hate about the toy story franchise, and why people are so frustrated on just and outdoor statue and a brick style facade, I mean the theme is literally andys backyard. and we havent seen the interior and room designs.

Brer Oswald

I always wonder whats with the hate about the toy story franchise, and why people are so frustrated on just and outdoor statue and a brick style facade, I mean the theme is literally andys backyard. and we havent seen the interior and room designs.
The franchise has been milked to kingdom come , and yet, nothing Toy Story related in the parks is particularly inspired. TSL is a weak land. TSM and Buzz are weak for signature attractions.

Part of the issue comes from the fact that the films don’t have many interesting locations and settings. It’s the characters (and their merch) that are so enticing.

Brer Oswald

DHS TSL is literally way better than the HKDL and DLP versions...
That’s probably true, and yet....it’s just not that great. It’s hard to base a land off of a film franchise without visually intriguing locations.

I think it would’ve been cool if they made a giant interior “toy land” that wasn’t limited to Toy Story, but obviously would feature those characters as the mascots.
1617927458394.jpeg

Something like this. Rather than a random “backyard” with some blocks plopped down.

Little Green Men

That’s probably true, and yet....it’s just not that great. It’s hard to base a land off of a film franchise without visually intriguing locations.

I think it would’ve been cool if they made a giant interior “toy land” that wasn’t limited to Toy Story, but obviously would feature those characters as the mascots.
View attachment 546614
Something like this. Rather than a random “backyard” with some blocks plopped down.
Sure but it seems odd to compare it when there are way worse examples

Brer Oswald

Sure but it seems odd to compare it when there are way worse examples
I don’t know. The only thing that sets DHS TSL apart at a glance is the Slinky coaster. And yeah, it’s a cute coaster, I quite like it. But there are fundamental issues with the land. There isn’t a lot to do or see besides the coaster and the flat ride. There’s no toy store! There’s no play area for the kiddies. Thankfully, they’re adding a restaurant you can actually sit inside.

Little Green Men

I don’t know. The only thing that sets DHS TSL apart at a glance is the Slinky coaster. And yeah, it’s a cute coaster, I quite like it. But there are fundamental issues with the land. There isn’t a lot to do or see besides the coaster and the flat ride. There’s no toy store! There’s no play area for the kiddies. Thankfully, they’re adding a restaurant you can actually sit inside.
That and TSMM which isn’t in any other land. They have a spinner, a drop ride, and a shuttle coaster in the other TSPLs.

lazyboy97o

Because it is an excuse to do things poorly (poor material choices, inconsistent scale, lousy use of space, lack of shade). The hotel looks like a prison, not toy bricks. Just look at any of the Legoland hotels for far better examples of how to do the “You’re a toy!” concept.

Last edited:

wdrive

Because it is an excuse to do things poorly (poor material choices, inconsistent scale, lousy use of space, lack of shade). The hotel looks like a prison, not toy bricks. Just look at any of the Legoland hotels for far better examples of how to do the “You’re a toy!” concept.

This hits the nail on the head.

The land was build for a struggling Walt Disney Studios park by the effectively penniless Disneyland Paris.

I can only presume other resorts around the world saw how cheaply Paris got it up so built one for themselves too?

lazyboy97o

This hits the nail on the head.

The land was build for a struggling Walt Disney Studios park by the effectively penniless Disneyland Paris.

I can only presume other resorts around the world saw how cheaply Paris got it up so built one for themselves too?
It’s not even cheap anymore. The land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is physically massive and was expensive.

SweetDuffy101

I keep hearing comparisons about Paris And HK.
You do know the creative criteria at Tokyo is not a Joke, Even Look at Disney Celebration Hotel which is in fact a budget hotel for Disney and it still looks good, Toy Story hotel is a Moderate Type Hotel. I don't really think that it will be that bad Unlike other Iteration of the franchise in other countries.

Toni25

You do know the creative criteria at Tokyo is not a Joke, Even Look at Disney Celebration Hotel which is in fact a budget hotel for Disney and it still looks good, Toy Story hotel is a Moderate Type Hotel. I don't really think that it will be that bad Unlike other Iteration of the franchise in other countries.
Creative criteria would not be a joke if the budget wouldn't be a joke in other parks 🙃.
Desperate situations call for desperate measures.
Hong Kong hotels are pretty decent, I can't call a single one horrible.
Disneyland Paris hotels aren't that bad, in fact many have been updated and renovated (see hotel New York) and even the budget ones are better than their American budget counterparts.
Tokyo f***d up with the hotel this time, deal with it.

lazyboy97o

We can already see how it looks and it looks awful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom