Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

93boomer

Premium Member
good mythical morning time GIF by Rhett and Link

It’s Pool Time!

View attachment 545857

At every resort pool there are signs telling you not to move chairs because the chairs are positioned to maintain 6 feet of distance.

Apparently the Poly doesn’t trust guests. Or knows they will disregard signage and do what they want.

View attachment 545859
Yep, ladies and gents, that is a zip tie!

We’re gonna be here awhile. No sense fighting park crowds when relaxation is right outside your room.

View attachment 545858
Love it!!!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Em wants to be a mermaid.

On our way to the sea, I notice that her favorite gift store in Fantasyland has reopened.

Of course we must check it out!

View attachment 545798

Well much of the Beauty and the Beast merchandise is gone, replaced by Disney Art.

View attachment 545799

We always enjoy browsing the art, even if it is too $$ for our budget.

I really like this one. For sentimental reasons. ❤️

View attachment 545801

I like the next two also.

@Loco_driver which one is your favorite?

How about you, @sheriffwoody?

View attachment 545800

View attachment 545813
I want that 3rd picture. Did you, by chance, see how much it costs? My niece is going down there and I may have her pick it up.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Eating dinner adjacent to where we had lunch.

View attachment 545564

If you’re wondering why Mama Melrose is on our regular rotation, this would be why:

View attachment 545565

No one makes a margarita like Mama, according to Em.

The warm yeast rolls with olive oil? Delish.

View attachment 545566

As usual, Jean is working.

View attachment 545567

@LisaBelle neither Em nor I can resist the NY
strip with mac and cheese.

View attachment 545568

So jealous of your Mama Melrose steak & pasta and the margarita!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Winner winner burnt ends nachos dinner! (Give it to James 😉.)

Em and I are seated at the cutest table in front of a fireplace.

A1A1F190-60C6-46E7-B804-54A24515D93C.jpeg

Our server’s name is Dale. Before he speaks a word I say, “Where’s Chip?”

Without missing a beat he says, “He works at the Front Desk in the Yacht Club.”

Dale goes on to say he used to work at Ale and Compass. Whenever a guest was silly like me and asked about Chip, Dale would page Chip to the restaurant.

Then Dale throws some straws at us and leaves to get our waters.

6566D3EA-A364-465F-84A7-AB2278209D55.jpeg

He banters with the others in our section. It’s nice to see some “fun” back at Whispering Canyon.

The nachos are especially tasty tonight. @Loco_driver I hope you have an ADR during your next trip!!

E8FC06ED-2180-43B4-BD36-1E0539363CBF.jpeg

Em cleans her plate. I have a few chips left on mine and Dale pretends to force feed me. I explain I need to save room for dessert.

He brings us the chocolate molten lava cake. Em and I devour it.

93A27D0F-DEC1-4BF1-BDB3-1D67B7EA3819.jpeg

We leave the restaurant with happy bellies!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em asks to go for a walk around the resort grounds. She is starting with an ocular migraine. The falls are calming.

BEACCDD6-2426-4E05-ABAA-6C419715BECD.jpeg

5645139B-37BC-4B36-BEA4-BF531EF02F7C.jpeg

A fine-looking Disney duck for @DisneyGigi.

BA468F38-B450-42AC-AABD-BF67DA3989AE.jpeg

Three large boats on Bay Lake (the one in the distance is a MK ferry.)

A7F7DDB4-CE83-4D88-B3AF-792AB601EE64.jpeg

We’re going back to the room now so Em can get ready for bed.

It’s been another great day!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Rant

Our room WiFi is the WORST!! Service drops constantly, we cannot stream anything and my pictures for this report take FOREVER to load ~ and when they do, they “disappear” after I hit the post button. So I have to start over.

It is beyond frustrating.

And @Darstarr neither of our showers spurt fire although I almost wish they would. Our water is tepid at best.

Also add a dripping faucet to the list.

Before going to dinner I stopped by the Front Desk to ask for some help. The CM noted the lack of hot water and dripping faucet and said she would notify maintenance.

But the WiFi?

“Yeah we have problems with it too. Often our devices stop working. Phone calls drop. Sorry there’s nothing we can do about it.”

angry the good place GIF by NBC

I’m trying my best to stay LIVE. Forgive me if I can’t.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
-The S’mores Brownie—why have I never seen this?? It will be rectified next trip though!! Probably while J’s there getting his funnel cake🤣

-Glad to hear the Apple Watch is working well. I put my card on my phone/watch the other day & am anxious to try it!

-Even before Covid I couldn’t stand when people were in my personal space. I would have done the same thing as you!!

-Seeing your pics threw me for a loop for a second. I thought CHH had reopened & I somehow missed it!!
The s’mores brownie is new. We may have to go back and get another. 🤣

Em said Disney is working to add a room charge feature to the Apple Watch.

So many people were on our heels today in queues I had to give up.

I had queued in CHH for Pan before, but today’s upstairs and back down was a first!!

I know it's a classic and all, but I would have enjoyed the walk through the empty restaurant more than the ride 😂😂 did you notice any artwork or details you've never seen whole eating there before? Without fastpass on our last trip, we went through quite a few new to us queues which was kinda cool. New details.
Oh yes ~ Em and I fully enjoyed all the details in CHH. So much we’d never noticed. Made us appreciate the effort of authenticity. And made us sad that Disney will likely never put that much detail into a restaurant again.

MickeyCB

The CM gave me the customary welcome leis, now sanitized for our protection. He instructed me on the proper way to lei my traveling companion. 😏

F843D40F-D5E2-4CB8-8134-31034D2D01CD.jpeg

6C2D5024-6CA1-42E7-8474-C155E6226AF5.jpeg
We stayed there in October and didn't get no stinkin leis or fancy card! :mad: (Don't know if it had anything to do with bypassing the check in area maybe)?

We were that party. And by the sixth time, I’d had enough.

Get Away Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

“Your distance marker is back there,” I pointed.
You go woman!! I tried the death stare on a similarly poorly behaving family in Oct. in the SDD line, looses something in the translation with a mask on. :rolleyes:
The tiki lamp is my favorite accessory in the room.

05BFE850-97CD-4232-9648-606BFC7BA29D.jpeg
Absolutely agree! It was one of my big indulgences several years ago and resides in my "Polynesian" room at home!
A3F242E8-27A1-433D-99B9-8AB1A5BCD235.jpeg

35 minutes later, we’re on!
That is serious crazy town!! :eek:But, might have actually been a fun little jaunt!

Sooo loving your live report, thank you for doing this, it's so much fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Man, I was away for a few days and missed all the fun! Wow! That brownie looks SO good, can't wait to try it! I totally would have said something to the people in line also.. so annoying! Looking forward to the rest of you and Em's adventures!
season 8 episode 25 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

😉

Don't know if you saw it yet but beginning Thursday you may take photo pass pictures without masks! ( I mean face coverings)
hallelujah GIF

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It took a tremendous amount of self control not to buy that first country beat print last February during FARTS. The lack of a certain big bear and not having much luggage space helped make that decision a bit easier. The other print features said bear, but is not my cup of tea. I will probably need to avoid that shop though, because if my wife sees that print I’ll probably be out a few dollars!
shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

Will you be staying at the Poly for the rest of your trip?
Yes.

So happy your family is having fun!

Those lines - oh man - and the wait times, ugh! You seem to be having a good time though!
Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Any problems with park hopping?
None at all!

I want that 3rd picture. Did you, by chance, see how much it costs? My niece is going down there and I may have her pick it up.
I didn’t notice but will try to check for you on our next MK visit.

So jealous of your Mama Melrose steak & pasta and the margarita!
jealous jelly GIF

We stayed there in October and didn't get no stinkin leis or fancy card! :mad: (Don't know if it had anything to do with bypassing the check in area maybe)?

Sooo loving your live report, thank you for doing this, it's so much fun!
Straight to room doesn’t get you lei’d....so to speak. 🤣

Thanks for following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom