News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneydad2

well actually... here's my theory

I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

This new mask thing will cause issues, they know that. God bless those CMS.
The CM unions may fight for it.
This change may give Disney grounds to require it.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

I think they want proof of vaccines.
The challenge of this is that there are lots of children who go to Disney World and they will not even be eligible for vaccinations for quite a while.

CaptainAmerica

Due to the Hawaii quarantine requirements I do not see a lot of validity to a vaccine passport for travel purposes to or from the islands. That said, I am sure Hawaii is looking at it seriously.
They're doing it already with testing.

Show them a negative test, you get to skip the quarantine.

I expect that to become: Show them a negative test OR proof of vaccination, you get to skip the quarantine.

Tom P.

They're doing it already with testing.

Show them a negative test, you get to skip the quarantine.

I expect that to become: Show them a negative test OR proof of vaccination, you get to skip the quarantine.
I would think both negative test results and vaccine cards would be easy to forge, so I'm not sure how useful that documentation is, but I can see what you're saying.

disneygeek90

I can't imagine Disney telling tourists to "stay home" under any circumstances.
They already have-

Capture.PNG

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I see nothing earth shattering about this minor adjustment.

"Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo*, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time.

(*Beginning April 8)"

Its pretty major because it means there's an end in sight to masks in general and I expect the end is sooner than we initially thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom