Tipping Bell Services

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
My plans changed when my sister broke her ankle in December and will need to use an ECV for our trip. No big deal, except that my Dad will also need a scooter; not sure 2 will fit in our room. I am thinking we can leave one or both of them with bell services overnight (hoping they will plug them in).
So...my Q is: what is an appropriate daily tip for this service?

Thanks,

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Oh boy
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

jaklgreen

Pretty sure that bell service will not do that. Don't think that they want the liability or hassle of it. Can you imagine that if everyone that rented an ECV wanted to have them hold and charge theirs overnight what a nightmare that would be. Many people have reported that they have fit 2 ECV's in their room. Depending on your resort, you might have to have them remove a table or chairs. Have a fun trip.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Pretty sure that bell service will not do that. Don't think that they want the liability or hassle of it. Can you imagine that if everyone that rented an ECV wanted to have them hold and charge theirs overnight what a nightmare that would be. Many people have reported that they have fit 2 ECV's in their room. Depending on your resort, you might have to have them remove a table or chairs. Have a fun trip.
I guess we'll see. And not that the phone reps are always 100% accurate, but I was assured that Bell Services would take them. At any rate, I cannot imagine that an ECV is more of a hassle than all of those groceries that people have Bell Services hold--no refrigeration, no bananas to smash, no jars of jelly to break, no 48 bottles of beverages for a 4-day trip.

jaklgreen

I guess we'll see. And not that the phone reps are always 100% accurate, but I was assured that Bell Services would take them. At any rate, I cannot imagine that an ECV is more of a hassle than all of those groceries that people have Bell Services hold--no refrigeration, no bananas to smash, no jars of jelly to break, no 48 bottles of beverages for a 4-day trip.

They will accept the ECV from the company when they drop them off, but they don't hold them for you every night. Maybe you misunderstood. And the groceries are a temporary thing until they get picked up that day. No one brings their groceries back every night for bell services to babysit. They don't have unlimited space and ECVs take up a bunch of room. Plus why would you want to take the risk of them not charging it overnight and then you would be stuck the next day with a dead ECV. Just put it in your room like everyone else does.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Of course--ONE scooter is fine in a studio. TWO scooters will be a fire hazard in a studio--thus my dilemma.

Raxel7851

I would think it depends on where you’re staying. I’ve seen those scooters out in front of the Contemporary. I’ve also seen them outside rooms at POFQ. But I’ve never seen them at the luggage storage areas. They are usually full of bags so there’s very little room. So are you going to go down there every time you need the scooter, which could be several times a day!

NeedMoreMickey

Both my parents had scooters and they were told to leave one in the hall pull as close to the wall as possible. This sounds like a fire code issue but that is what the front desk told them to do. They managed to move the desk and table around and fit both in the room.

castlecake2.0

Id say go to bell services, explain the situation, and give em $10-$20 and I’m sure they’ll help you out, half that resort is still closed so I don’t think space would be an issue to store it at night

lazyboy97o

You will need to keep one in the hallway and one in your room. There should be power available in the hallway.
Please do not do this. Keeping a scooter in the hallway is dangerous and a violation of the Florida Fire Prevention Code. Some hotels incorrectly say it is okay but it is not.

PolynesianPrincess

Please do not do this. Keeping a scooter in the hallway is dangerous and a violation of the Florida Fire Prevention Code. Some hotels incorrectly say it is okay but it is not.

I see ECV's plugged in outside rooms in the hallways all the time at Disney resorts. Is that not ok to do? If not, you would think Disney would enforce that.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Id say go to bell services, explain the situation, and give em $10-$20 and I’m sure they’ll help you out, half that resort is still closed so I don’t think space would be an issue to store it at night
Thank you for (finally) answering my question. But I've always tipped per day--so $2 per day is appropriate.

wdwfan22

It’s not just space it’s a liability issue. They will instruct you to leave it outside the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom