Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
If virtual queuing is done right, you can keep the lines at maximum capacity without overflowing and it will naturally encourage people to queue up on attractions whose lines aren't quite full yet. This would leave as few people as possible walking around the park. Of course, not everyone at all times is going to want to be in a queue, but trying to encourage people to get in line for a ride with a currently short queue will always help.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Let me put it this way, the less attractions and space you have for your guests to go or be at, the less your overall park capacity is.
Sure, I agree with you overall. But remember we're talking about a small number of guests here. On average you're talking about a max of 20k guests based on the current 25% Park capacity. There will be plenty of space for them even with Attraction virtual queuing with shops and restaurants both also being opened.

celluloid

Sure, I agree with you overall. But remember we're talking about a small number of guests here. On average you're talking about a max of 20k guests based on the current 25% Park capacity. There will be plenty of space for them even with Attraction virtual queuing with shops and restaurants both also being opened.

Not as much as you think with the current rules of no prolonged(if any) indoor waiting and the virtual queue people have to be somewhere.
No entertainment offerings(certainly not indoor ones)
I should have clarified. It is 25 percent of what will be presently offered, not 25 percent of what would have been offered.
All the boutiques, restaurants and meet and greets and entertainment venues add up, then you lower the loading capacity of actual indoor attractions and some outdoor ones.
There is a reason that the passholder program was suspended. Every guest there needs to be spending as much money as possible to be there and spending within the park for those families or parties that paid to be there.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not as much as you think with the current rules of no prolonged indoor waiting and the virtual queue people have to be somewhere.
No entertainment offerings(certainly not indoor ones)
I should have clarified. It is 25 percent of what will be presently offered, not 25 percent of what would have been offered.
All the boutiques, restaurants and meet and greets and entertainment venues add up, then you lower the loading capacity of actual indoor attractions and some outdoor ones.
There is a reason that the passholder program was suspended. Every guest there needs to be spending as much money as possible to be there and spending within the park for those families or parties that paid to be there.
I understand your point, I just don't agree with how you're calculating capacity. The guidelines specifically state this about Park capacity limits:

o Occupancy limits are based on the fire department occupant limit. If no fire department occupant limit is available for the total facility, the operating design capacity will be used as the basis for determining the reduced capacity.

So that means they are basing the 25% capacity on the Park overall capacity set by the Anaheim Fire Marshall, not by what is being offered. Now Disney themselves may internally keep attendance levels below the 25% limit, but that would be their own call not a state guideline.

SuddenStorm

One other thing I'm surprised isn't getting more attention, and that I think is going to be a HUGE problem both short-term and long-term, is this little nugget of info that George posted here last night from the CM union...

So between 30% and 60% of the CM's that Disneyland was recalling back to restart the park are gone. Moved on with their lives after a year of not working there. They've got new jobs that pay better and treat them better, or they just started a new chapter of their life that doesn't involve being a CM any longer. That's not surprising in the least, but it's disastrous for trying to restart the park even at reduced capacity. Much less hopefully ramp up to 100% capacity during the rest of this year.

This seems like a mess that will really impact Disneyland's ability to recover quickly! :eek:

We had speculated about this off and on over the last few months. I had been told 30% didn't come back when called for Downtown Disney's reopen- but that was when the peak of Covid fearmongering was in place.

I just wonder how this will impact training for reopening the resort, scheduling, and the next union contract negotiations.

I just hope they open up applications online soon.

I think they're getting desperate because they called me today. I will not be returning to Disney and I will also not be returning the jacket.

My friend's keeping her Indiana Jones Adventure CM hat. I imagine the online market for CM costumes will be flooded over the next two years.

Darkbeer1

>>Californians can now travel 120 miles from home without going against a state advisory to "remain local," but officials still recommend you limit travel and avoid it, if possible.

The California Department of Public Health updated its travel advisory Thursday, removing the mileage limit from the guidance that was initially released in January.

"Postponing travel and staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19," the department said in its updated guidance.

Tourists and other non-essential travelers from outside of California — even those who are fully vaccinated — are discouraged from entering the state as they "could introduce new sources of infection," including new variants of COVID-19, the department said.

What are California's new travel rules?

According to the California Department of Public Health, the state's new travel rules are:

• All travelers arriving in or returning to California from other states or countries should follow travel guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • All travelers should get a COVID-19 test one to three days before travel.
  • All travelers who test positive or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and follow public health recommendations.

What if you're coming from out of state?

For those coming to California for "non-essential travel," which includes tourism and recreation, the department says you should:

• Get tested three to five days upon arriving to California and stay home and self-quarantine for a full seven days after travel, even if your test is negative.
  • Those who don't get tested should stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel. <<

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Can someone here explain to me the ban on screaming on rides? The Angels came back to win last night and fans were screaming and yelling. All 14,000 were in close proximity within one another. How is this allowed at ballgames and not on rides?

ToTBellHop

>>Californians can now travel 120 miles from home without going against a state advisory to "remain local," but officials still recommend you limit travel and avoid it, if possible.

The California Department of Public Health updated its travel advisory Thursday, removing the mileage limit from the guidance that was initially released in January.

"Postponing travel and staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19," the department said in its updated guidance.

Tourists and other non-essential travelers from outside of California — even those who are fully vaccinated — are discouraged from entering the state as they "could introduce new sources of infection," including new variants of COVID-19, the department said.

What are California's new travel rules?

According to the California Department of Public Health, the state's new travel rules are:

• All travelers arriving in or returning to California from other states or countries should follow travel guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • All travelers should get a COVID-19 test one to three days before travel.
  • All travelers who test positive or develop symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate and follow public health recommendations.

What if you're coming from out of state?

For those coming to California for "non-essential travel," which includes tourism and recreation, the department says you should:

• Get tested three to five days upon arriving to California and stay home and self-quarantine for a full seven days after travel, even if your test is negative.
  • Those who don't get tested should stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel. <<
Well, it is a step. Meanwhile, the CDC is currently announcing that travel is low risk for the fully-vaccinated and that quarantine is unnecessary for the fully-vaccinated following international (let alone domestic) travel. I’m sure Gov. Newsom will give this data-based science the consideration it warrants as they consider further travel advisory relaxation.

ToTBellHop

And the CDC has also said testing and quarantine are unnecessary for fully-vaccinated domestic travelers (they’ll want a test for international arrivals to avoid introduction of new variants). Surely the states will fall in line with our CDC...

180º

As the other poster said there is no ban. In a months old guidelines, singing, shouting, etc are a no no to help prevent spread. Someone from the (media? Blogger?) took this, twisted it and ran off with it where it spread to media all over.
This.

Even in the updated guidelines where it says activities that involve shouting are to be discouraged, I don’t take that to mean screaming on thrill rides. I take that to mean, if it’s part of an employee’s spiel to elicit a cheer from the crowd (“Who’s ready to have a great time? Oh, come on, you can do better than that!”) then maybe don’t do that anymore. That and sing-alongs.

PiratesMansion

This.

Even in the updated guidelines where it says activities that involve shouting are to be discouraged, I don’t take that to mean screaming on thrill rides. I take that to mean, if it’s part of an employee’s spiel to elicit a cheer from the crowd (“Who’s ready to have a great time? Oh, come on, you can do better than that!”) then maybe don’t do that anymore. That and sing-alongs.
Would anyone actually be sad if they never heard "Who's excited to (insert activity here)???? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I SAID, WHO'S! EXCITED! TO! (INSERT ACTIVITY HERE) TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?" or similar variants ever again?

I sure wouldn't be sad. I'd be ecstatic.

It's unlikely, but if this somehow decreases instances of that, I'd be all in favor.

(I know it won't. Let me dream!)

Just like I don't understand why people get mad that they're not supposed stand right up against other people at the moment in lines. I've never understood that. Because that must mean that people LIKE when others are right up on top of you and in your business and personal space??? People miss that???

Darkbeer1

I can't believe we are now in April and the park opens in less than 30 days and we do not still have any info on the price of tickets, when they go on sale, when and how people can book reservations. Like, what are they waiting for??
Well, the Chamber is hosting a webinar on Tuesday afternoon with a group of senior DLR CM's to discuss what is going on. That is a big hint to when you will get your answer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom